Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 31-05-2020, 06:35 PM

Alex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlex De Large : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
Your contributions in the Donald Trump thread are testament to your credibility and sincerity about such matters. Your ascension to google scholar of Islam supports the same lack of credibility.

You have none.

All you've done on here is to come and muddy the waters, as people like you tend to do.

Your one point on here has been "looting is bad, killing others is bad, burning things is bad." Nobody disagrees.

You overstepped the line when you began to define and detract from the movement and put your own definitions on it.

White privilege.
Plenty of people where disagreeing with me in regards to the burning down of the local community.

A ridiculous position considering that not so long ago our own community Croydon suffered the very same needless vandalism of House of Reeves.

Sure you can bleat on and claim that i'm not being sincere or concern trolling but the point will still stand.

Not to mention it is still a fact that more people have died since these riots began. Total contradiction to their purpose.

P.s

And i'm well within my rights to criticise any ideology or idea that I wish. This is suppose to be a discussion forum after all? Or would you prefer it to remain your litle hug box.

You can always call the Stasi if it bothers you so much.
Old 31-05-2020, 06:54 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Why arenít the population outraged? It doesnít make sense. I wonder if the price is higher for black inmates.
Nope it suggested that part of the reason more black people Were imprisoned was because they had to use the state appointed defender who would always tell them to take a deal even if they were guilty as they could not afford a decent defence team and they could take 3 years or risk 50.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 31-05-2020, 07:44 PM
Banned by Moderators

KingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I read an article that the percentage of unarmed people shot by the police black white Asian and Hispanic is roughly the same across the board. I think making it a race issue essential deflects the blame from the police as a whole and to the individual officer he will rightfully lose his job face time and it will go on again to the next one. The issue is the culture of the departments they are trained in aggression for most parts. What did interests me is how the states differ interms of policing methods and training and this shows in terms of percentage of stops involving shootings. But of course this is also affected by the local population for example the more gun happy or violent a state Is the more aggressive the policing becomes.
Old 31-05-2020, 08:25 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCoppell View Post
I read an article that the percentage of unarmed people shot by the police black white Asian and Hispanic is roughly the same across the board. I think making it a race issue essential deflects the blame from the police as a whole and to the individual officer he will rightfully lose his job face time and it will go on again to the next one. The issue is the culture of the departments they are trained in aggression for most parts. What did interests me is how the states differ interms of policing methods and training and this shows in terms of percentage of stops involving shootings. But of course this is also affected by the local population for example the more gun happy or violent a state Is the more aggressive the policing becomes.
Despite what you claim you read It is not roughly the same.

Death per million is 250% higher if you are black to that of being white.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 31-05-2020, 08:37 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
What ExiledStirling said. Regarding your point about different states with different rules, Minnesota is about as liberal and friendly as the US gets. It’s basically Canada, similar snowy weather in the winter and somewhat similar accents. You are allowed to own certain guns with a license, but it’s definitely not a gun happy state compared to an Arkansas or a Kentucky.

Point is that if brutality like this can happen in Minnesota, think of the many places in the States where all indicators point to police violence being much worse.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 31-05-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Old 31-05-2020, 08:58 PM
Vikings Fan

Jaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I drove down Lake Street Minneapolis today. It was devastating to see local community businesses burned to the ground. Shopkeepers crying in front of their stores.

Shops looted, petrol stations burned to the ground. Horrific scenes but heart warming to see all of the neighbours come together to help with the clean up.
Old 31-05-2020, 08:59 PM
Vikings Fan

Jaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
What ExiledStirling said. Regarding your point about different states with different rules, Minnesota is about as liberal and friendly as the US gets. Itís basically Canada, similar snowy weather in the winter and somewhat similar accents. You are allowed to own certain guns with a license, but itís definitely not a gun happy state compared to an Arkansas or a Kentucky.

Point is that if brutality like this can happen in Minnesota, think of the many places in the States where all indicators point to police violence being much worse.
Thank you. Your description of Minnesota and itís people is spot on.
Old 31-05-2020, 09:06 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaserob View Post
Thank you. Your description of Minnesota and it’s people is spot on.
No worries. I’m a Vikings fan, looking forward to visiting before long hopefully
Old 31-05-2020, 09:11 PM
Vikings Fan

Quote:
No worries. Iím a Vikings fan, looking forward to visiting before long hopefully
Make sure you hit me up if you do. We can share a cold one!!
Old 31-05-2020, 09:33 PM
Banned by Moderators

KingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKingCoppell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Despite what you claim you read It is not roughly the same.

Death per million is 250% higher if you are black to that of being white.

I'm not disputing that if you look at percentages in that way but the states that have huge white populations like montans ect dont have many shootings even in the black communities. Looking at the USA as one whole country is not really a good way to do it you need to break it down to states to get a more accurate representation of what is really happening. You start to see a certain patterns emerging that most of shootings happen in the states where the demographics are more equal this includes the majority of shootings that all other races are affected mostly by. I'm not saying their isnt a race issue here there always where America is concerned but I dont think the failures of the police is largely to do with this. It's more the fact they are essentially an armed gang of thugs and bullies who basically have license to do as they please.

Last edited by KingCoppell; 31-05-2020 at 09:40 PM.
Old 31-05-2020, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Will do pal
Old 31-05-2020, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I'm not disputing that if you look at percentages in that way but the states that have huge white populations like montans ect dont have many shootings even in the black communities. Looking at the USA as one whole country is not really a good way to do it you need to break it down to states to get a more accurate representation of what is really happening. You start to see a certain patterns emerging that most of shootings happen in the states where the demographics are more equal this includes the majority of shootings that all other races are affected mostly by. I'm not saying their isnt a race issue here there always where America is concerned but I dont think the failures of the police is largely to do with this. It's more the fact they are essentially an armed gang of thugs and bullies who basically have license to do as they please.
From 2008-17, Montana ranked 5th in the United States for gun related deaths per 100,000 people.

Edit- Seems mostly suicides.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 31-05-2020 at 09:50 PM.
Old 31-05-2020, 09:59 PM

wavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwavey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I drove down Lake Street Minneapolis today. It was devastating to see local community businesses burned to the ground. Shopkeepers crying in front of their stores.

Shops looted, petrol stations burned to the ground. Horrific scenes but heart warming to see all of the neighbours come together to help with the clean up.
My wife is from Minneapolis. We were chatting with the in laws today. Sounds terrible what happened on Lake Street. I hear the protests are now turning towards Edina.

Meanwhile, the protests in Brooklyn passed three blocks from us on Friday and Saturday. Not the violence that you had in Minn. but still unnerving to have a burning police van a 5 min walk away. The constant helicopters sounds like something from a Vietnam war film.

Having said all that my impression is that overall the protests have been peaceful and in good spirits. It's been a small group of agitators and the cops that have been causing the trouble. Once this is all unpacked I think we'll find the same forces at work that caused the anti-shutdown protests in Wisconsin and Michigan.

Good luck over there sir!
Old 31-05-2020, 10:00 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
He's not old enough....
Old 31-05-2020, 10:00 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
From 2008-17, Montana ranked 5th in the United States for gun related deaths per 100,000 people.

Edit- Seems mostly suicides.
That's the point I'm making though despite high gun violence the police there are still responsible for less shootings then most states even in their black communities what are the Montana state police doing different from the other states. That's the only way we can figure out what's going wrong.
Old 31-05-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
He's not old enough....
I’m sure I will be by the time NFL games aren’t behind closed doors
Old 31-05-2020, 10:13 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iím sure I will be by the time NFL games arenít behind closed doors
Nonetheless its still bed time for you, now!
Old 31-05-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
That's the point I'm making though despite high gun violence the police there are still responsible for less shootings then most states even in their black communities what are the Montana state police doing different from the other states. That's the only way we can figure out what's going wrong.
What are the Montana police doing, or what are the United States doing which leads to black people being disproportionality poor and having access to worse education, resulting in a higher likelihood of getting involved in crime. Same in the UK, albeit to a lesser extent. Sure, police brutality is a big issue, and there’s strong evidence of conviction rates being harsher for black people than white people, but the aforementioned is still a truth, and the elephant in the room which needs to be discussed and addressed.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 31-05-2020 at 10:24 PM.
Old 31-05-2020, 10:25 PM

kayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkayjay came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by wavey View Post
For me itís the failure of progressive cities to get handle on things that strikes home. Take Minneapolis, my wifeís home town. A city populated with kind, polite well educated mid-westerners. It has some of the best healthcare in the country and people are progressive and liberal. But it has a very marginalized Somali population and itís police force has multiple instances of police brutality towards blacks in particular. When a city like Minneapolis has a problems then you know the problem countrywide is huge.
Justine Ruszczyk Damond's killing by police after phoning for help with an unknown person lurking on her property may add weight to a claim there
are systematic violence issues within the department.
Old 31-05-2020, 10:42 PM
Vikings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
He's not old enough....
I didnít say what type of cold one.