Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 20-02-2020, 08:27 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Best console for an 8 year old?

‘Yeah, I know it’s rubbish that we lost at home again son but howabout we get a Maccy D’s on the way home & grab a few packets of Panini stickers?’
Old 20-02-2020, 09:09 AM
Gina Lollobrigida

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post

ĎYeah, I know itís rubbish that we lost at home again son but howabout we get a Maccy Dís on the way home & grab a few packets of Panini stickers?í
I see what you did there

That's more or less 19 times a season then?
Old 20-02-2020, 09:33 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post

ĎYeah, I know itís rubbish that we lost at home again son but howabout we get a Maccy Dís on the way home & grab a few packets of Panini stickers?í
I know. I'm a bit ashamed about it all, but it's heavily regulated. Or was until he started sneaking off with it to rinse Fifa & ultimately murder the battery to death.

No to Muckdonalds, but yes to panini stickers.
Old 20-02-2020, 09:40 AM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
I know. I'm a bit ashamed about it all, but it's heavily regulated. Or was until he started sneaking off with it to rinse Fifa & ultimately murder the battery to death.

No to Muckdonalds, but yes to panini stickers.
SC, it was absolutely not a comment on any parenting - my boy is the same. I was simply trying to be smart re the console/console thing
Old 20-02-2020, 09:18 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Meh, you have successfully whooshed me. Well played.
Old 20-03-2020, 09:33 PM

Mallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
With the schools now shut I’m looking for ways for my 9 year old to stay in contact with his mates. I was thinking of getting a console to allow him to do this but have just realised I don’t know anything about gaming anymore. Bring back the Sinclair Spectrum!

His best mate has a PS4 and they all like minecraft. Can they voice chat in minecraft and can they do this in a world where it’s invite only, so there is no risk Jimmy Saville types polling up?

Would he have to have a PS4 or could this also be done on an Xbox?

Any help much appreciated.
Old 21-03-2020, 12:05 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
You can create private game parties on Xbox One and make them invitation only.

Once you have created a party the party leader can instigate party chat which allows your party members to freely chat whilst playing.

You need an Xbox Live subscription to play online which costs about £40 a year.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-03-2020, 04:32 AM

Mallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMallard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks for the info.
Presumably all players in this scenario would need an Xbox or does this work across multi platform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
You can create private game parties on Xbox One and make them invitation only.
Old 21-03-2020, 06:50 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallard View Post
Thanks for the info.
Presumably all players in this scenario would need an Xbox or does this work across multi platform?
Don't get an Xbox. There's a reason why the PS4 has sold 60M more units.

Buy yourself Bloodborne while you're at it too.

If he ever wants to play an Xbox game it will be available on the PC.
Old 21-03-2020, 08:20 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here

Quote:
With the schools now shut Iím looking for ways for my 9 year old to stay in contact with his mates. I was thinking of getting a console to allow him to do this but have just realised I donít know anything about gaming anymore. Bring back the Sinclair Spectrum!

His best mate has a PS4 and they all like minecraft. Can they voice chat in minecraft and can they do this in a world where itís invite only, so there is no risk Jimmy Saville types polling up?

Would he have to have a PS4 or could this also be done on an Xbox?

Any help much appreciated.

He will need a PS4 plus a headset to play with his mate.

Unless he has a 4K screen he doesnít need a PS4 pro neither. Just a bog standard one will do.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4660154?istCompanyId=a74d8886-5df9-4baa-b776-166b3bf9111c&istFeedId=30f62ea9-9626-4cac-97c8-9ff3921f8558&istItemId=iilltppip&istBid=t&&cmpid=G S001&_$ja=tsid:59158%7Cacid:532-198-3455%7Ccid:598901029%7Cagid:24337555730%7Ctidla-924069368847%7Ccrid:86938602290%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:50570 17060903464264%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:%7Cmt:%7Cloc:9044985& utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=5989 01029&utm_term=&utm_content=shopping&utm_custom1=2 4337555730&utm_custom2=532-198-3455&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9tbzBRDVARIsAMBplx-rBdvFfU_ZQvI4zOvebC7WIX-mCIdrhJWCcfBXyM3uxYlL32pOam8aAh6jEALw_wcB&gclsrc=a w.ds

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8621948?istCompanyId=a74d8886-5df9-4baa-b776-166b3bf9111c&istFeedId=30f62ea9-9626-4cac-97c8-9ff3921f8558&istItemId=ixwlpwwql&istBid=t&&cmpid=G S001&_$ja=tsid:59158%7Cacid:532-198-3455%7Ccid:598901029%7Cagid:24318019850%7Ctidla-543975583645%7Ccrid:86893572530%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:18021 113233284497940%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:%7Cmt:%7Cloc:9044985 &utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=598 901029&utm_term=&utm_content=shopping&utm_custom1= 24318019850&utm_custom2=532-198-3455&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9tbzBRDVARIsAMBplx8Z3qGI4AHyPiR WBCwzVKCWWQl1IGuVy_jyjgf_phVGzx1nlOuSdSIaAu6QEALw_ wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Not all necessarily the cheapest you could fine these items but an indicator of the cost.

Cheers.

Last edited by Joe85; 21-03-2020 at 08:26 AM.
Old 21-03-2020, 08:44 AM

Thanks.
Once he has a PS4 with head set and minecraft, is it easy enough to link up with his mate? Do I need a subscription or anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
He will need a PS4 plus a headset to play with his mate.

Unless he has a 4K screen he doesnít need a PS4 pro neither. Just a bog standard one will do.
Old 21-03-2020, 08:48 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here

Quote:
Thanks.
Once he has a PS4 with head set and minecraft, is it easy enough to link up with his mate? Do I need a subscription or anything?

Yeh mate. Just needs his best pals username on the PS4. They then can add each others accounts to their PS4 friends list and invite each mother Minecraft and other games.

You sons friend will talk him through most of it, I imagine.

Either of them can then host a private map of mine craft where they can play the game together away from the rest of the world, or they can join public servers and play with others.

If they go public youíll just need to keep an ear to the ground on the tone of conversation. Itís unlikely but certainly possible to stumble across weirdos and abusive knobheads. These people can be blocked and reported though.

You may need a PS4 live subscription to go on line with a PS4. You definitely do with the Xbox however not owned a PS4 yet so canít be sure. Wouldnít be unusual if you did require one. Normally like 50 quid a year or a tenner for 3 months etc.

Last edited by Joe85; 21-03-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Old 21-03-2020, 09:40 AM

Great thanks.

I had heard somewhere that there is some kind of added complication with minecraft on the PS4 compared with other games, I.e. fortnite, when networking/hosting. Are you aware of anything?
Old 21-03-2020, 05:18 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Quote:
Great thanks.

I had heard somewhere that there is some kind of added complication with minecraft on the PS4 compared with other games, I.e. fortnite, when networking/hosting. Are you aware of anything?
All i can find is this:

Nothing that will stop your son and his friend playing together.
Old 31-03-2020, 07:44 PM

Thanks everybody. Got this setup now on PS4 now. Son is now busy killing zombies with his mates. Not sure if he can voice chat to his mates on minecraft (his headset has not arrived in the post yet). But they are doing this via Skype while playing instead.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:28 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just got a Nintendo Switch myself and it is great. Having a handheld and a console in one package is surprisingly useful and would be great for a kid on car journeys or on holiday.