Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 31-10-2006, 11:04 AM
On a final warning

dodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Ollie
What Arsenal got right! ! !

As mentioned in another thread i went to the Emirates on Saturday. I would like to congratulate Arsenal on their Catering facilities. I had to queue up for roughly 30 seconds to buy a pint and a pie. This was becasue it was so well organized. The food was overpriced but the presntation of it was secind to none.

The pie was £4.00 and came in a little red box with emirates stadium hone of arsenal on the side with the Arsenal badge on the lid. In the box was an Arsenal Tissue. Now the boxesa if bought in bulk would probably cost no more than 2-3pence. the tissue roughly 1 pence, Thats a total of 4 p in presentation of the product which they then charged more for. Now i would rather pay less and not get a box etc, but becasue of its presentation no-one really bats an eyelid at the price.

The pints were 2 for a fiver or £3 each. They had a fella standing there pulling pints and placing them on a chiller. The beer was not standing still for longer than 30 seconds so was still fresh but this got the queues down.

Now our pies are sh1t and poorly presented yet are around the £3 mark (i think, please correct me) our beer is warm and in plastic bottles. surely draft would be cheaper?

What ideas have you come accross regarding catering?

Discuss . . .

Last edited by dodge_bond; 31-10-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:07 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I agree, when I go to gigs (quite a lot) I am always amazed at how places like Brixton that have gigs every night are always dealing with ques. THe only beer they serve is carling or Guiness so surely it would be easier to have 2/3 people pulling the pints while others collect the money and just hand the beer over rather than pouring each pint individually.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:09 AM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
I couldn't give a •••• about the catering. I go to Palace to watch the game not eat pies.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:09 AM
BBS addict

LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Our pies are Pukka pies which is a good pie, however when you buy one and it's clearly been reheated after the previous game then it doesn't taste so good.

Spike Milligan
Old 31-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
I couldn't give a •••• about the catering. I go to Palace to watch the game not eat pies.
Good for you. But people DO buy food and drinks at football, and as such its something that Palace could massively improve.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:13 AM
On a final warning

dodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Olliedodge_bond belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
But that doesnt hide the fact that quite a few people dont buy food becasue of the queue because they think "f**k that, Im not queuing in that". Its lost revenue for the club, All because the structure/catering procedures are poo.

Last edited by dodge_bond; 31-10-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:15 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Tomo
surely it would be easier to have 2/3 people pulling the pints while others collect the money and just hand the beer over
This is how it is in any busy club or bar in efficient Germany

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 31-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
surely you should have been at palace!!!!
Old 31-10-2006, 11:22 AM

LeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by dodge_bond
Its lost revenue for the club
I dont know if anyody know any more about this, but is the catering at SP done by an external company? i.e. they put a tender in to provide catering and then they provide the catering that they are contracted to provide? If thats the case, maybe it explains why it is so s**t - they have a deal, they do the bare mnimum to satisfy the contract, SJ cannot complain.

Or could it be that they pay us for the right to sell there, but keep all of the profits themselves, therefore making a profit? Again, that could be a reason why they are so crap.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:26 AM
On a final warning

If it is run by us than i seriously think we need to get with it a little bit. We wouldnt need to invest much cash to be honest. I think some of the staff may need replacing. Dont get me wrong there are a few that are good but most of them cant be ar5ed. I think presntation of our food could be improved. I would rather it be better value for money but fir the sake of another 10p it could look good aswell! ! !
Old 31-10-2006, 11:34 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
The staff that are employed on match days for the food outlets are temp staff, usually called on the Friday the night before the game. I was offered the 'opportunity' to work there a few times.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:40 AM

Icy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is hereIcy Sam the man is here
As far as i know the catering is outsource. Anyway there are far bigger things for Palace to deal with than catering. If you want nice catering go to a glory hunter club with comfy chairs like the Gooners.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:41 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
They use minimum wage temp staff (even though you then have to pay the agency on top) and so you get crap service, you cannot get a beer and a pie together you have to get into 2 separate queues.

It is a massive area the club could improve on but then we were told it would be 6 years ago and we are still waiting.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:43 AM

DrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happyDrRock gave me sunshine, made me happy
Arsenal fans still all look like a miserable, boring, bunch of cts though, when I see them on the train coming back from a game, even if they've (usually) won.
I don't give a monkey's stuff about pies*, coffees, teas or any of that crp. Just spend all the money on the team and the stands and keep the bars stocked.

*that said a plastic fork wouldn't go amiss for the molten balti pies.
Old 31-10-2006, 11:51 AM
BBS addict

LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by GreatGonzo
They use minimum wage temp staff (even though you then have to pay the agency on top) and so you get crap service, you cannot get a beer and a pie together you have to get into 2 separate queues.

It is a massive area the club could improve on but then we were told it would be 6 years ago and we are still waiting.
At the beginning of the season they had pies being served at the bar in the lower tier, although this doesn't seem to be the case now.

Spike Milligan
Old 31-10-2006, 11:52 AM
On a final warning

Quote:
Originally posted by Icy
As far as i know the catering is outsource. Anyway there are far bigger things for Palace to deal with than catering. If you want nice catering go to a glory hunter club with comfy chairs like the Gooners.
I too would rather see Palace improve on the pitch but to run the catering facilities at selhurst requires a catering manager and my point is i think he /she could be doing a better job. New ideas. More money into to club the better and i think its such a shame that we are potentially losing cash.
Old 31-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
I can't believe people are stupid enough to pay £3 for a plastic bottle containing half a pint of Fosters...........

............why do I DO IT
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 31-10-2006, 12:43 PM
On a final warning

Quote:
Originally posted by Eye-dee
I can't believe people are stupid enough to pay £3 for a plastic bottle containing half a pint of Fosters...........

............why do I DO IT
Like i said earlier £3 for a pint of cold carlsberg or £5 for 2 pints at the emirates now im sorry but thats a bargain! ! !
Old 31-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by dodge_bond
Like i said earlier £3 for a pint of cold carlsberg or £5 for 2 pints at the emirates now im sorry but thats a bargain! ! !
Its similar at most new grounds. Reading, Millwall, Sunderland all have similar catering and prices.
Old 31-10-2006, 12:59 PM
How difficult and drunken

thecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to movethecount can tell right away at letter A when the people start to move
I like how at Everton a man goes around with a refrigerated satchel handing out beers. Cuts queuing down massively.