Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:43 PM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Really happy to have smashed over 10 minutes off my PB at the Surrey Half this morning - got round in 1:48:55, thanks partly to a couple of very good pacers. Little bit stiff now, but might go for a walk in a while to loosen things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 12-03-2017, 03:07 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Well done Statto
Old 12-03-2017, 08:47 PM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Statto View Post
Really happy to have smashed over 10 minutes off my PB at the Surrey Half this morning - got round in 1:48:55, thanks partly to a couple of very good pacers. Little bit stiff now, but might go for a walk in a while to loosen things up a bit

Well done mate. Well done. I missed out due to injury.

I would have been very pleased with that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 12-03-2017, 09:18 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Brilliant time
Old 14-03-2017, 10:58 AM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
Well done mate. Well done. I missed out due to injury.

I would have been very pleased with that time.
It's not a bad event. Could have done with better signage for the bag drop & toilets, and the queue for the bag drop grew massively in the 5 minutes it took me to get changed, meaning a mad dash for the toilet & stretching before having to climb over the fence into the start pen, but otherwise I really enjoyed it. The pacers were very consistent & did a really good job of keeping us ahead of the required pace, and gave continuous feedback about how we were doing & that we didn't need to push hard up the (very few) hills.

May well do it again next year (particularly if I can get a free place again) & would recommend it to anyone else in the area. Try not to park on the top floor of Heathside carpark though, it took at least 20 minutes to get out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 14-03-2017, 11:04 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
I get absolutely starving after a 10k run so I can't imagine how ravenous you get after half and full marathons
Old 14-03-2017, 11:07 AM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
I get absolutely starving after a 10k run so I can't imagine how ravenous you get after half and full marathons
Weirdly, when I've done either, I'm not that hungry immediately after! Come evening though, I could eat all the food in England.
Old 14-03-2017, 12:36 PM

immoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betray
I'm the same, I'll struggle to eat anything immediately afterwards, give it an hour or two and I'll eat for hours.
Old 14-03-2017, 02:09 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Likewise, hence why I drink chocolate milk post race/long run if I can so I can get protein and carbs back in the body whilst rehydrating. Then eat a little later.
Old 14-03-2017, 02:13 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well done Statto
Old 14-03-2017, 04:58 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I too can't eat after half or more. After my first marathon i couldn't eat for about 3-4 hours, ate a snack and a light dinner. Loads of fluid. Woke up hungrier than ever before at 6am the next day!

10k is the perfect hunger race/pace!

Anyone doing Hampton court palace half on Sunday? Will be aiming sub 1.55 in the end, a shame as injury stopped me from going for sub 1.45 pb, but a nice race all the same!
Old 17-03-2017, 06:38 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Anyone doing the brighton marathon - the bad news is the their manager starts it!
Old 18-03-2017, 11:04 AM

immoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betray
Gus started it the first time I did it, ran past in my Palace top, they'd lost 5-1 to someone the weekend before.
Old 19-03-2017, 03:22 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaterhamEagle View Post
I too can't eat after half or more. After my first marathon i couldn't eat for about 3-4 hours, ate a snack and a light dinner. Loads of fluid. Woke up hungrier than ever before at 6am the next day!

10k is the perfect hunger race/pace!

Anyone doing Hampton court palace half on Sunday? Will be aiming sub 1.55 in the end, a shame as injury stopped me from going for sub 1.45 pb, but a nice race all the same!
1.54 today. Was on for sub 1.50 but the last 3 miles was uphill into a strong headwind and my hamstring basically gave up! Still reasonably happy but hoping injury not too bad.
Old 19-03-2017, 03:34 PM

thomasmc - warm woollen mittensthomasmc - warm woollen mittensthomasmc - warm woollen mittensthomasmc - warm woollen mittensthomasmc - warm woollen mittensthomasmc - warm woollen mittensthomasmc - warm woollen mittensthomasmc - warm woollen mittensthomasmc - warm woollen mittensthomasmc - warm woollen mittensthomasmc - warm woollen mittens
Great effort Caterham. I raced there today and that headwind was a killer at the end, forced me in to a snails pace. I've never run further than 13km before today and some how managed to get round in 1:48.12. My ankles and knees are in absolute pieces now though, can hardly walk!
Old 19-03-2017, 07:29 PM

Well done both - was out in it for a 10 mile plus run to day and very hard against the wind
Old 19-03-2017, 07:56 PM
or maybe not so civil

civil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is herecivil eagle Sam the man is here
I've got a question about a possible injury that i have.

For the past week both my shins have been painful to touch in one particular spot about half way up there is also a small lump on the shin where it's painful.

It doesn't hurt when I run or walk any ideas?
Old 19-03-2017, 08:11 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Anyone doing the brighton marathon - the bad news is the their manager starts it!
Im doing it though haven't managed to get anywhere near up to the distance due to a back niggle. Longest distance 15miles so far, hoping to get a 17-20 in Friday
Old 19-03-2017, 08:11 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Did the Endurance life Sussex trail series half on Saturday. Tough course, was pleased with 1.51 finish. Some stunning views along the seven sisters though. Stunning!
Old 19-03-2017, 08:26 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Good work by all those completing runs today!!