Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 01-05-2017, 01:34 PM
American Hot

Captain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I managed 4h 27 for the London marathon. It was my first one, and probably my last! I am not built for endurance. Very happy though, I didn't walk, which was my main goal.

I'm determined to keep it up now, up to 1/2 marathon distance anyway, so I'll be frequenting the thread more in future.

My new aims are to beat my 10k pb of 47.30, and my half pb of 1.52.30.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:35 PM
American Hot

Captain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
And well done to all the other marathon runners, especially the first timers
Old 01-05-2017, 02:48 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Great to read about everyone's marathon achievements well done everyone.

Am back on the fitness trail, managed 50 minutes on Sunday but am up to 18 stone and 10 bottles of wine a week.

Need to moderate intake and up the exercise outake
Old 01-05-2017, 07:37 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Me too, I'm back after what turned out to be a torn abductor. Still quite careful and get the odd twinge. Finding it hard, starting on a treadmill and can hardly manage half an hour though I think the ridiculous heat here at the moment is a factor.

What really helped with my recovery was seeing a chiropractor. He got to the base of the muscle from behind and freed it up when it was in spasm then did some dry needling direct into the muscle. Worked a treat.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:18 AM

immoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betray
Still struggling with mine. Resting doesn't appear to be helping nor is physio.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:56 AM

gjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgjohnk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pizza View Post
I managed 4h 27 for the London marathon. It was my first one, and probably my last! I am not built for endurance. Very happy though, I didn't walk, which was my main goal.

I'm determined to keep it up now, up to 1/2 marathon distance anyway, so I'll be frequenting the thread more in future.

My new aims are to beat my 10k pb of 47.30, and my half pb of 1.52.30.
Well done.
Get out for another run asap, I found it really easy post-marathon to give myself a few weeks off. That then turned to about 6 months without me realising.
Get back in the routine of running, your half marathon time will come down for sure with greater endurance.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:21 PM
American Hot

Thanks. I went out for a gentle 5k before work this morning, so I'm back on the horse!

If anything I have a feeling the bigger challenge will be controlling my eating, I've got rather accustomed to eating limitless carbs!
Old 04-05-2017, 12:52 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thames Valley early summer half on Saturday. I've had a few problems with my back over the last few weeks so haven't got over 10 miles. Terrified.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:06 AM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pizza View Post
I'm back on the horse!
Wouldn't recommend it.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:49 PM

suits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Joined striders last week, anyone else a member?
Old 05-05-2017, 02:47 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by suits_you View Post

I am member although have a bit of an injury at the moment
Old 08-05-2017, 09:51 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by suits_you View Post

yes i am!!!!

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 08-05-2017, 10:11 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
did a 5k at a vets meeting in Kingston tonight...

lesson learned,never trust the officials to count your laps!!

they stopped me 1 lap short;however allowing for that extra lap i still came in in a time that i was pleased with!!!

i have been out with illness and stress for the last 6 months that caused me to lose 3 stone;happily im better now in a new job ( i was sacked by Royal Mail after 29 years service)ive only put 7lbs back of the 3 stone i lost and am determined to put the weight loss to good use!!
now that im not a postie ive got to get used to "proper" training and havent done much of that recently and have been doing pretty good times (sub 29 at Crystal Palace park runs) so its back to getting used to some sort of structured training...
having done a couple of triathlons last season im keen to continue with those but im not sure yet what distance im gonig to be running at in the fuiture,other than the fact ill never do another marathon!!!

Old 09-05-2017, 01:14 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am back in the UK this weekend and in addition to the game on Sunday I am planning a parkrun. I have done Tilgate a couple of times and was thinking about Crystal Palace this time. As someone who runs on roads in very flat Florida, I am averse to hills and soft surfaces. While this will not stop me doing the run, how is this course? In addition, we are still trying to start a parkrun where I live subject to ongoing difficulties with the bureaucracy of the local council and therefore the more different parkruns I visit the better, to see how other people arrange them.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 09-05-2017, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert head is god View Post
I am back in the UK this weekend and in addition to the game on Sunday I am planning a parkrun. I have done Tilgate a couple of times and was thinking about Crystal Palace this time. As someone who runs on roads in very flat Florida, I am averse to hills and soft surfaces. While this will not stop me doing the run, how is this course? In addition, we are still trying to start a parkrun where I live subject to ongoing difficulties with the bureaucracy of the local council and therefore the more different parkruns I visit the better, to see how other people arrange them.
ill let someone else tell you!!!

Old 10-05-2017, 10:12 AM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Hills and Tarmac at palace - contact parkrun for info on setting 1up details on website under faq
Old 10-05-2017, 10:26 AM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The hills aren't too bad at Crystal Palace, a lot worse at Stockwell Park IMO, but slightly noticeable especially if you're used to super flat runs in Florida.
Old 10-05-2017, 01:04 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've done the parkrun at Crystal Palace about 160 or so times. There is very little flat, but only one really steep hill that is no worse (and probably easier) than the Chevron hill at Tilgate. It has a net uphill and is run on concrete or gravelly type path for the whole route. 2 and a bit laps.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thanks very much for the info. I'll look forward to it - maybe. I can't say I enjoy Chevron hill, but I can get up it!

cantspell - we are already working with parkrun USA on our project and they have been amazing. Sadly can't say the same for the City of St. Petersburg but we will get there.
I came and set fire to your shed
Old 11-05-2017, 08:04 AM

immoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betrayimmoralgiant is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert head is god View Post
Thanks very much for the info. I'll look forward to it - maybe. I can't say I enjoy Chevron hill, but I can get up it!

cantspell - we are already working with parkrun USA on our project and they have been amazing. Sadly can't say the same for the City of St. Petersburg but we will get there.
Chevron is great.