Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 30-05-2011, 09:36 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
The ball clipped his pad, then the stump. He was claiming that I had kicked the stump off or something. It was quite pathetic. I obviously gave him a bit of verbal but did have to calm one of our players down who was getting a bit wound up after the none walking incidents previously.
Old 30-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
I recall, in my teams first ever game, a full toss going over the top of the stumps, hitting keepers pads and back onto the stumps.

Umpire gave it out. Batsman, keeper, and square leg all told him he was wrong but he wouldn't change his mind.

We still laugh about that one all these years later.
Old 31-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Conceding 9

Perry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Made my cricket playing debut on Saturday against Streatham & Marlborough CC - Played 10 a side on a terrible pitch for batting. We made 125 in 37.2 overs including my new career best of 7. Bowling attack started well but lost momentum after the initial 3 quick wickets, and they ended up knocking off the runs in 34.4 overs and winning by 5 wickets.

Still, I didn't make a duck and hit a lovely cover drive for 4 Can't complain!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is hereMasterYoda Sam the man is here
Poor game yesterday. Struggled to 95 off 18 overs and I got out for the first time this season. Means I at least now have an average I guess.

Opener for the opposition played no risk cricket and just hit the bad balls to the boundary - he scored 69 of the total 96 and that included 13 extras.

Out of both cups at the first hurdle. Missing our best bats this season, seems none of the them have availability on the days we're playing.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:24 AM

a_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
We are playing the team who are top this Saturday. All season they have only lost 4 wickets in 5 games ,we are bottom with 5 played, 4 losses 1 win. (Win was mega lucky though) Our captain is in China until Sunday so I am captaining on Saturday, not sure whether to abuse that power and bowl loads or give the others a chance. So far I have 9 players but I am getting my 14 year old brother to play, my dad is playing and maybe my uncle so my family make up a 1/4 of the team atm!

My brother is pretty awsome though, hit 160 not out 2 weeks ago for his team from about 90 balls, hit 8 sixes. Much better than me I can give you that, and he can bowl, took 5-19 last week. But this week hes been given a week off as they have 13 players who want to play and he volunteered to step down so he could play for us. As he played for a U16 side hes allowed to play for us.

Anyway, should be interesting, looking forward to it though, maybe, just maybe we can snatch a draw or something. But a win is just impossible, anyway wish me luck!
Old 03-06-2011, 06:50 AM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I've played 2 games this week!
On Monday played for my club against a team of ex-pat West Indians, I got my best ever figures of 3-31, but some lower order hitting saw them recover from about 120-7 to 233. It started raining about 20 min before tea, so we finished their innings, but never got to start ours.
For some reason the club has Sky Sports 1 but not SS2, so could only watch the end of the playoff final instead of the SL collapse in Cardiff.
Then played for a workmates team in a 20-over game in Shalford on Wednesday. Most of the team had never played a proper game before.
We did ok at bowling, I got 2-29 out of a total of 130, which about 20 were from byes.
Batting started out badly, we spent 5 overs on 13, losing 4 wickets in the process. I came in at number 10 and got 18no whilst the no 9 got about 30, so we went from 25-8 to 75 all out.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:43 PM

a_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that fara_the_s stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
We lost today, I was captain for the first time ever. 5 of the 11 we had out today were my family. Me, my uncle, my dad, my cousin and my brother all played.

We bowled first and they declared on 265-5. I bowled 10 overs for 51. Picked up a wicket. In reply we were skittled out for 130. I got 6 from 25 balls before being caught behind. My brother did well though, got 30 and hung around for about an hour and a half. My uncle and dad di rubbish though, getting about 5 runs between them. All good fun though. Next week our captian is back, but today I think I did alright as skipper.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:46 AM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda
I recall, in my teams first ever game, a full toss going over the top of the stumps, hitting keepers pads and back onto the stumps.

Umpire gave it out. Batsman, keeper, and square leg all told him he was wrong but he wouldn't change his mind.

We still laugh about that one all these years later.
He obviously didn't know the basic rule that a batsman can only be given out on appeal : No / withdrawn appeal = Batsman not out.

Last game I played, I had to keep encouraging one of the bowlers to appeal for LBW. I was appealing from mid-on but don't think it was very convincing.

Last edited by spike; 07-06-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:48 PM

Got battered today, they got 270-4 declared, and we were bowled all out for 70 in reply, gone from 4th to 7th thanks to that defeat.

I was out for a duck from 4 balls, didn't bowl today.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm going back to play for my old team today down in Kent, as i'm not getting any games for my normal team.

Hopefully will do alright and show i've kicked on a bit since I last played for them a couple of years ago. I've reworked my style quite a lot, and am a lot more solid, but still don't get the runs i should, as I nearly always get myself in to a certain extent and then give my wicket away.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:46 PM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Played a shortened 25 over game due to the persistent rain today.

Was put down to bat at 8, we started ok then lost wickets due to some horrendous shots from players that know much better. I ended up going in after 14 overs with the score on 68-6. Ended up getting 59 not out off about 35 balls and getting us to 155-7. Think I got to 50 with only 1 run to the offside.

We ended up winning by about 13 runs after their number 7 did a similar job to me. Was nice to get a win and get my highest ever score. Was a bit fortunate as pulled one straight to someone at deep mid-wicket on the boundary but he dropped it over the ropes for 6, when I was on about 24.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
I'd quite like to take up cricket again. Used to play for my school, then never played once I left and went to Uni.

Would be nice to play for a non-serious, low quality, village team or something like that.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 14-06-2011, 03:35 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Village team, something like the banned cricketer played

try this site, make a search for a club near you, and best of luck

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 14-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge
Village team, something like the banned cricketer played

try this site, make a search for a club near you, and best of luck

To view the link you have to Register or Login
interestingly (or not), Addington cricket club is in Addington Village, where I lived for numerous years. My parents house backs right onto the cricket pitch, and i used to be woken on a summer Sunday morning by the sound of leather on Willow. The pavilion was burned down in an arson attack recently, and my dad as Chairman of the Residents Association was at the opening ceremony where Courtney Walsh was guest of honour

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 18-06-2011, 01:28 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
They play now in Surrey League, first division. Shame about the arson attack, but to have Courtney Walsh, a proper legend as a guest of honour is brilliant.
Old 25-06-2011, 05:13 PM

We lost today, batted first and got bowled all out for 99. I scored 2 but faced about 40 balls, even though we got 99 runs we still used up most of our 45 overs.

They got the runs in 17 overs for the loss of 1 wicket, I got the catch from a skyer.
Old 25-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Between matches

Last weekend we played only our second ever 40 over match. As we've been struggling to bat 18 overs we weren't confident but being put in to bat we sent in our two best defensive style openers.

They got us to 74 before the first wicket fell on the last ball of the 20th over. The remaining batsmen to get in all scored at about a run a ball and the opener got out on 100 in his last over. He'd never hit 50 before.

214 scored was always going to be a challenge and they attacked from the off but while they stayed with run rate for about 15 overs they kept losing wickets. The ended up getting bogged down and all out for 150 something.

Good day. PS my personal game, DNB, no catches, about 5 byes although a couple of them were a mile wide.
Old 03-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky
I'd quite like to take up cricket again. Used to play for my school, then never played once I left and went to Uni.

Would be nice to play for a non-serious, low quality, village team or something like that.
Stinkster, do you (or anyone?) fancy a game today? The team I play for (occasionally!) Reigate Pilgrims are short a player. It's a low key friendly with players of mixed ability and a good way to get into cricket.

Plus there is a nice pub, the Red Lion, that the ground backs on to.
Old 03-07-2011, 11:29 AM

Played against the league leaders yesterday who have won every game, we are bottom with just 1 win.

They batted first and scored 290-2 off 35 overs declared! They had a 38 year old who played for Hampshire Youths in the 80s who got 180. I bowled 5-0-35-0.

In reply we were bowled all out for 58. I got 7 from about 40 balls coming in at number 5, hit a great 4 though!

One of their bowlers took 6-9 from 12 overs!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:12 PM

Played a 30 overs a side game yesterday for my uncle's pub against an elite over 50 side. Who featured a player 3 players who have played for Sussex 2nd XI at some point and they had a player who played international cricket for Norway about 10 years ago. And the rest were made up of players who have played cricket for premier league county sides such as Horsham, Eastbourne and Brighton.

We bowled first and in their 30 overs scored 329-2! This included and 50 ball 170 by the norwegian and a 4 ball 24 by someone at the end! In reply we scored 105-8 off our 30. Our captian gave us specific instructions to stay in all the way to the end with out being bowled out, which we did (Only just) I came in after 1 over and stayed in to the 29th, scoring just 32, most of which we lucky edges, their bowlers were far to quick to play shots off of. One of their bowlers bowled 6-4-9-5. In the 105 runs we got we only scored 4 boundaries, still though, great day and great to meet all these great cricketers.