Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 24-01-2017, 01:02 PM

delboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I voted out and approved of the judiciary review. If the UK judges voted that Brexit be debated/voted on in parliament/ the lords then so be it.

I fully support the due process of UK law.
Old 24-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
The situation however, is the right one.

We are honouring the binary vote advisory decision by invoking A50, and the process of how we leave is being scrutinised by our sovereign parliament, and not behind closed doors through a politically frightened narrow Tory clan.

Whats not to like by either side?
Given the circumstances it absolutely is the right one.
Leaving the fate of the country to a handful of short-sighted power hungry idiots who are seriously out of their depth is foolhardiness at its extreme.
Old 24-01-2017, 01:07 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post
I voted out and approved of the judiciary review. If the UK judges voted that Brexit be debated/voted on in parliament/ the lords then so be it.

Well said and duly repped
Old 24-01-2017, 01:08 PM

delboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdelboy01 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I voted out and approved of the judiciary review. If the UK judges voted that Brexit be debated/voted on in parliament then so be it.

I fully support the due process of law and political decisions in the UK.
Old 24-01-2017, 01:14 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
I voted out and approved of the judiciary review. If the UK judges voted that Brexit be debated/voted on in parliament then so be it.

I fully support the due process of law and political decisions in the UK.
So good you said it twice.

(Fair play to you though.)
Old 24-01-2017, 01:20 PM
Gambler

L'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
One positive product of todays ruling, Labour will lose the 2 byelections coming up. In fact could be worth calling a general election and wipe them off the map north of Watford.

All today has done is give UKIP a voice and now a role with more messy potentially harder Brexit.

Last edited by L'head Eagle; 24-01-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 24-01-2017, 01:24 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
Everybody voted for a hard Brexit, it was all that was on offer.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 24-01-2017, 01:25 PM
Shit or Bust

Shamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Yep, I'm the same. Although not as strongly as you as I'm only going to post it once.
Old 24-01-2017, 01:35 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
The hopelessly out-of-their-depth Brexiters in the Government are properly under the spotlight now as the Supreme Court forces them to actually come up with a plan rather than thinking that they can bungle their way through Article 50 without anyone seriously questioning what they're up to.
No one thought about how Brexit would happen to the point of putting a plan together before the vote and ever since, regardless of countless calls for a look at at the plan, the Govt have steadfastly refused to say how it's going to be done aside from the odd meaningless detail-less statements.

And all this now to be done before the end of March? Ha!
you missed May's speech then
Old 24-01-2017, 01:41 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
Brilliant how the ranting Leavers who constantly point out how they understand everything can't get their head around how parliamentary sovereignty works.
yeah because the 'oh so cleverer than thou' Remainers were raelly discussing this course of events before June
Old 24-01-2017, 01:41 PM

WIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWIZARD came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From BBC live news feed;

"The 2015 European Union Referendum Act contained no such proposal – and, the justices say, ministers couldn’t agree in public statements about whether the result was advisory or decisive.

The subtext is clear: the justices are saying that the former PM could have signed off a referendum that was a lot clearer. During the hearings one of the barristers, Manjit Gill QC, put it another way.

We’re only here, he said, because nobody in government and Parliament thought there would be a vote to leave."

David Cameron's undying arrogance really has buggered us up hasn't it! Everybody has voted for something they can interpret as they like!
Old 24-01-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Now you know most of the leave campaign was based on total bollocks and has no strategy behind it, would you still vote for Brexit and why?
so unlike the honest Remain campaign
Old 24-01-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Bitter.
you'll get over it. You just need to accept and move on
Old 24-01-2017, 01:46 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
yeah because the 'oh so cleverer than thou' Remainers were raelly discussing this course of events before June
Eh? Is there a point to these random words?

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'head Eagle View Post
One positive product of todays ruling, Labour will lose the 2 byelections coming up. In fact could be worth calling a general election and wipe them off the map north of Watford.

All today has done is give UKIP a voice and now a role with more messy potentially harder Brexit.
Won't make a jot of difference to any party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
As a result of today, we are now going to get a hard BREXSHIT? What was that old trollop wittering on about in her speech last week then? Hard BREXSHIT will be due to us not being able to get what we want. So we will take our punctured ball and play with the shit kids.
blimey - not the punctured ball one
Old 24-01-2017, 01:47 PM
Shit or Bust

Shamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShamone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Now you know most of the leave campaign was based on total bollocks and has no strategy behind it, would you still vote for Brexit and why?
I would definitely change my mind now and vote remain. That Osbourne emergency budget has crippled me financially as well as this recession we're in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIZARD View Post
From BBC live news feed;

"The 2015 European Union Referendum Act contained no such proposal – and, the justices say, ministers couldn’t agree in public statements about whether the result was advisory or decisive.

The subtext is clear: the justices are saying that the former PM could have signed off a referendum that was a lot clearer. During the hearings one of the barristers, Manjit Gill QC, put it another way.

We’re only here, he said, because nobody in government and Parliament thought there would be a vote to leave."

David Cameron's undying arrogance really has buggered us up hasn't it! Everybody has voted for something they can interpret as they like!
On the nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Given the circumstances it absolutely is the right one.
Leaving the fate of the country to a handful of short-sighted power hungry idiots who are seriously out of their depth is foolhardiness at its extreme.
but I thought it was going to Parliament
Old 24-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
but I thought it was going to Parliament
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]