Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 24-01-2017, 05:48 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith View Post
It is. There are no detailed numbers available.

Still worth a read.
Old 24-01-2017, 05:50 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
So we would indeed be losing an important right.

Boo.
I'm sure you're happy working where you are..
Old 24-01-2017, 05:51 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I would think it's in UK law passed after a EU directive...But European flight trading rules are one of many things we need to get on with...
Well the aviation minister won't confirm that. I mean it's rather odd that he won't if they are going to put it into law....

Basically unless the Great Repeal Bill puts all EU law into U.K. Law without exception, your statement is crap. And as the UK, post Brexit, is not in a position to confer some of my rights and will choose not to provide me with others, again your statement is crap.

For instance at the moment if the UK is up shit creek I can take any money I choose to out of the UK and put it somewhere in the EU less up shit creek. There is little chance I'll be able to do that post Brexit as the Uk would impose capital controls.

And also if the UK respected the laws it is apparently going to put in to UK law, how come it finds itself taken to the ECJ with alarming regularity?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 24-01-2017 at 05:55 PM.
Old 24-01-2017, 05:54 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
i am a UK citizen in the U.K. I have that right now. I won't in the future.

So currently if I get on a flight from the UK to a non EU destination and that is delayed by six hours I get 600 from the airline.

Will I still get that?
Surely you speak fluent German with a username like yours so you can fool them? I worked north of the border for so many years on and off I can speak with a Scottish accent if I put my mind to it. Jolly useful at away games in the north or midlands and I want to disguise myself from being a Londoner to get served in the home pubs.
Old 24-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Well the aviation minister won't confirm that. I mean it's rather odd that he won't if they are going to put it into law....

Basically unless the Great Repeal Bill puts all EU law into U.K. Law without exception, your statement is crap. And as the UK, post Brexit, is not in a position to confer some of my rights and will choose not to provide me with others, again your statement is crap.

For instance at the moment if the UK is up shit creek I can take any money I choose to out of the UK and put it somewhere in the EU less up shit creek. There is little chance I'll be able to do that post Brexit as the Uk would impose capital controls.
My belief was all EU law already in UK law would stay and that any changes would go through our law making channel that is the UK Parliament....
Old 24-01-2017, 05:58 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
My belief was all EU law already in UK law would stay and that any changes would go through our law making channel that is the UK Parliament....
if the UK properly followed EU law it wouldn't find itself at the ECJ ever, would it....

I mean there are various parts of our law that are inconsistent with EU law as it is, and I seriously doubt those will be amended.

So again, a loss of rights and your statement that we won't lose any rights becomes more and more farcical.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 24-01-2017, 06:01 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
I'm sure you're happy working where you are..
I'm thinking more about my family and friends.

Not being a Brexiter, my thoughts tend to not only focus solely around my needs.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Hadron Collider

Quote:
if the UK properly followed EU law it wouldn't find itself at the ECJ ever, would it....

I mean there are various parts of our law that are inconsistent with EU law as it is, and I seriously doubt those will be amended.

So again, a loss of rights and your statement that we won't lose any rights becomes more and more farcical.
OK if you say so..Best you stuff that cash into pants and grab a flight out..

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
The same lady quite rightly told me doctors don't check on status and our hospitals don't have the infrastructure in place to make these checks also...
That link can only be full of estimates not real facts... Heard the same from more than one other London health professional...
So how does your source differentiate between "health tourists" and those people from the EU who are just resident in the UK?
Old 24-01-2017, 06:02 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
So how does your source differentiate between "health tourists" and those people from the EU who are just resident in the UK?
You shouldn't discount the possibility that his source was a naughty fibber. Many doctors are, as surveys have proved ( a doctor told me that).

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 24-01-2017, 06:03 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Surely you speak fluent German with a username like yours so you can fool them? I worked north of the border for so many years on and off I can speak with a Scottish accent if I put my mind to it. Jolly useful at away games in the north or midlands and I want to disguise myself from being a Londoner to get served in the home pubs.
Ein bisschen aber ich habe nicht seit funf und zwanzig jahre Deutsch gesprochen
Old 24-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I'm thinking more about my family and friends.

Not being a Brexiter, my thoughts tend to not only focus solely around my needs.
I voted not in my own personal or work interest..But purely on sovereignty and a belief the UK will be better off out.
Old 24-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
It would be by talking to them I guess.. Treatment would be over months and years within such a unit..
Old 24-01-2017, 06:07 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ein bisschen aber ich habe nicht seit funf und zwanzig jahre Deutsch gesprochen
Very good. I had to check Google Translate to make sure what it meant. Sadly my days at school were more than 25 years ago.
Old 24-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's only law that it is written into a dedicated Act and not all EU rules are managed that way. Some laws become laws through court judgements interpreting EU rules. Others work by being deemed to be already covered by statute e.g. Posted Workers.

So you need a law review or else you could just leave it until a case arises and then find out if Judges believe that the issue is covered by law or not...

Even then, the Government believes that for any EU laws that are written and that will be carried forward, it would then have the right to amend through secondary legislation which means minimum scrutiny.
Old 24-01-2017, 06:11 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Very good. I had to check Google Translate to make sure what it meant. Sadly my days at school were more than 25 years ago.
Not very good unfortunately. Apparently that's not how you say it in German. You're supposed to say I have spoken no German, rather than I have not spoken German.

Well it was twenty five years ago, and I was better at Dutch.
Old 24-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
No UK rights for UK citizens in the UK I said....The EU would be controlling your rights to work in the EU or not....Not directly the UK government, it's not in their power to do so..
That's not true. Many of the rights in the category you describe are not written into EU laws but into national laws that give effect to Treaties e.g. rights of residency in France is given via French law. So if the UK withdraws from the Treaties then you should not assume that you have any rights that you acquired and were "vested" when the UK was in the EU. To be sure then Parliament would have to create those rights - and under our Constitution only Parliament can do that.
Old 24-01-2017, 06:21 PM

So what about humble flat owners in Spain? Will we be turfed out? I think in France that non-EU citizens, often Russians, have to pay higher rates of capital gains tax on their properties but right now in Spain I'm not sure how relevent CGT will be for most people.
Old 24-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Cheers Mik.

In your opinion would an amendment which states remaining part of the single market be permissable?

I ask, because if this amendment was key to triggering article 50 but then no agreement between and the UK and the EU is arrived at on this matter it would have been a complete waste of time adding the amendment. So I therefore wonder what the hell can be a valid amendment to a bill that is about triggering article 50 that will serve any purpose whatsoever.
I don't think anything on the SM will be permissible because the SM won't feature in the actual withdrawal agreement under A50 which is essentially a divorce agreement, settling on finances and dividing assets etc. It is not about how the parties work together after the divorce. That part comes in framework form only when the agreement is finalised and it is not negotiated as such or voted on by the Council. In short, this Bill doesn't pertain to future trade deals.

Valid amendments would be about Parliamentary process in implementing the Bill e.g. on setting objectives for the exit agreement (citizens rights etc) and on assessing those objectives (thr role of select committees). It might, in fact should, commit the Government to agreeing with Parliament the framework on the future relationship.
Old 24-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
That's not true. Many of the rights in the category you describe are not written into EU laws but into national laws that give effect to Treaties e.g. rights of residency in France is given via French law. So if the UK withdraws from the Treaties then you should not assume that you have any rights that you acquired and were "vested" when the UK was in the EU. To be sure then Parliament would have to create those rights - and under our Constitution only Parliament can do that.
In this post you tell me it's French law that let a Brit live and work in France...Then tell me our Parliament would have to create it after we leave???? How does that make sense and it pretty much works out how I posted...That the UK government wouldn't be taking this right away ...It would be up to the EU or as you correct me EU countries to keep or take the rights away.