Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 06-12-2019, 06:05 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Wow. And yet I bet every Brexiter on here will not give a damn about what she has to say. People prefer to be uninformed.
Wilful ignorance is a common trait in brexiteers.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Anyone still happy with the lies the government have told to try and convince people Brexit will be great?

Our Brexit envoy in Washington can't stomach it any more

To view the link you have to Register or Login
'Hall Hall'?
Old 07-12-2019, 03:40 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mte103 View Post
None of my friends are leave voters. I like to think this is because they are smart enough to realise how obviously stupid it is.

So, watching Question Time, it's so jarring to see people sincerely repeating a variation of 'get Brexit done' / 'the will of the people', and obviously believing it in their heart.

It seems like a big tranche are just fuelled by righteous indignation. It's frightening that huge chunks of the population are so incapable of critical thinking, or amending their views based on new information.
Um maybe you like to surround yourself with people who agree with you and there are many people who are highly intelligent who support Brexit. I am fed up with people who support remain using the same old argument that people who support leave are thick racists.

I know Richard Aikens personally and whilst he is not someone I would want to be stuck in a lift with he is far from unintelligent, still under your reckoning he is not very smart as he voted leave
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 07-12-2019, 07:24 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
I commented the other day on the terrible state of British roads these days compared to almost everywhere else Id been. I was told there was no money left after we had funded all of Europes roads.
Old 07-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
Um maybe you like to surround yourself with people who agree with you and there are many people who are highly intelligent who support Brexit. I am fed up with people who support remain using the same old argument that people who support leave are thick racists.

I know Richard Aikens personally and whilst he is not someone I would want to be stuck in a lift with he is far from unintelligent, still under your reckoning he is not very smart as he voted leave

Easy. He voted leave so is either a moron or a racist.

Or both.

Or are you suggesting that because hes well educated and knighted he cannot possibly be either a racist or a ****wit?

Maybe you should ask your mate to supply you with some actual benefits of leaving.
Old 07-12-2019, 06:39 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
It's a common trait in people in general. As a generalisation, people happily ignore information that contradicts their world view. People on both.sides of the.argument seem to have embraced wilful ignorance.

The brexiter side is more evident because they're 'summit's problem is it's shouldn't be about winning, but making informed decisions based on evidence, not propaganda.

There are good reasons to leave the EU and good reasons to stay. Instead we are listening to hyperbole and propaganda rather than each other.

It's not so much the decision, but why certain interests in society are so keen to invest so heavily in decisions one.way or the other, and claim it is in our personal interest to support their agendas and ideologies rather than listening to each other
Old 07-12-2019, 06:45 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
It's a common trait in people in general. As a generalisation, people happily ignore information that contradicts their world view. People on both.sides of the.argument seem to have embraced wilful ignorance.

The brexiter side is more evident because they're 'summit's problem is it's shouldn't be about winning, but making informed decisions based on evidence, not propaganda.

There are good reasons to leave the EU and good reasons to stay. Instead we are listening to hyperbole and propaganda rather than each other.

It's not so much the decision, but why certain interests in society are so keen to invest so heavily in decisions one.way or the other, and claim it is in our personal interest to support their agendas and ideologies rather than listening to each other
Can you expand on the "good reasons to leave the EU' please?

SaulAlinsky
Old 07-12-2019, 06:58 PM
substitute

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
Great chance to get new legislation through

Trade deal with Trump

Profit from shorting the pound
Old 07-12-2019, 07:00 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef View Post
Great chance to get new legislation through

Trade deal with Trump

Profit from shorting the pound
Dont forget a French-made blue passport
Old 07-12-2019, 07:17 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Its a fairly corrupt organisation for one.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 07-12-2019, 07:45 PM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
He can't be Sirius.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:52 PM

steeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsteeleye20 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was the brexit vote a dastardly Russian plot?

There must be some reason for withholding the report, which must be unfavourable to the tories but how and why that is we are prevented from knowing.

It is ideal for Russia to destabilise Europe without firing a shot, they are probably the only winners from brexit, a post cold war 'scalp' for Putin.
Old 07-12-2019, 07:53 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post

Or both.

Or are you suggesting that because hes well educated and knighted he cannot possibly be either a racist or a ****wit?

Maybe you should ask your mate to supply you with some actual benefits of leaving.

Benefits of leaving? The only Brexiters I know have one reason only: get rid of foreigners. He's more likely to be a racist. Though he could be a moron as well.
Old 07-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:

Or both.

There is a third possibility, corrupt.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:24 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
The capacity to control immigration from with in the EU isn't entirely unreasonable. It's casused some problems for the UK and originating nations that have seen something of a brain drain. Of course there are benefits to the UK in terms of this migration as well, esp in terms of long term revenue.

There is also maybe a question around notions of sovereignty and legislation. That's not to say I necessarily think that EU legislation is all bad, but there is definitely a question around whether or not we should have had a referendum of the expansion of the EU beyond the common market. I do t agree with the rhetoric of the UKIP etc that we are oppressed by the EU but I think there is a reasonable argument that what we voted in in the 70s and what exists now are two very different entities.

As a side note I'm not saying leave it remain are the right choices. But that we've been manipulated on both sides by factions who both claim to have our best interests at heart which probably don't.

I was.originally kind of leave leaning, the leave campaign has pursuaded me otherwise....
Old 08-12-2019, 08:06 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
The capacity to control immigration from with in the EU isn't entirely unreasonable. It's casused some problems for the UK and originating nations that have seen something of a brain drain. Of course there are benefits to the UK in terms of this migration as well, esp in terms of long term revenue.

There is also maybe a question around notions of sovereignty and legislation. That's not to say I necessarily think that EU legislation is all bad, but there is definitely a question around whether or not we should have had a referendum of the expansion of the EU beyond the common market. I do t agree with the rhetoric of the UKIP etc that we are oppressed by the EU but I think there is a reasonable argument that what we voted in in the 70s and what exists now are two very different entities.
This is a reasonable explanation of a rational anti-EU argument. Personally, my Remain vote was never in doubt, but I would never argue that membership is 100% positive. But the Leave cases you see latch on to really quite insignificant negative issues, giving them far more weight than can possibly be justified, whilst simultaneously not only ignoring the significant overall benefits the country has gained from the EU, but also ignoring the large influence we have in it.

At best you can say it's an extremely skewed view of the facts.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:27 AM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Having watched the leaders debate, I thought we were leaving the EU so we could reduce taxes on tampons. That's the only benefit I can remember Johnson saying more than once. It reminds me that when Bercow was at Essex University he opposed reducing tax on tampons. Seems to be a very devisive issue amongst Tories. Perhaps we need an in/out referendum...
Old 08-12-2019, 11:29 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Or both.
And this attitude is why the Peoples' Vote / 2nd Referendum campaign has been a total failure.

Such a shame. Such an easy case to make for such an important cause but they have no idea of what 'persuasion' means.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:31 AM

Hal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHal Low came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Benefits of leaving? The only Brexiters I know have one reason only: get rid of foreigners. He's more likely to be a racist. Though he could be a moron as well.
'kin ell. Even someone as educated, mature, placid and reasonable as ROB prefers insults to arguments.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:03 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:

As a side note I'm not saying leave it remain are the right choices. But that we've been manipulated on both sides by factions who both claim to have our best interests at heart which probably don't.

I was.originally kind of leave leaning, the leave campaign has pursuaded me otherwise....
Thanks for the detail I may and agree its all about balance. for example on FOM we could have applied what EU law allows us to do, our governments over time chose not to.

SaulAlinsky