Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
a bit peckish

PIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is herePIE "N" MASH Sam the man is here
Organ donation rule change

In the spring the rules around organ donation are changing to opt out rather than in.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

I am quite happy for any serviceable parts(there won't be many)I have to be used to help someone else in there life.
Listening to Essex radio in the week there was a programme on it that really made me think about it,very touching in places.What was really startling was the amount of people on the dead list(waiting for an organ from a dead person rather than a donation from a living person,usually a relative)Can't remember the numbers but it's big,hence the rule change.

How do you feel about donating body parts?
Old Yesterday, 09:05 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
I don't understand why anyone would not donate their organs. It is not as if they are of any use to them when they are dead.
Old Yesterday, 09:21 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Happy for mine to be used. Although I would like my carcass fired off into space as a thank you.
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Do what the feck they want with me once I’ve gone. Who cares ?

Oh, and I won’t be in the church either.
Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is here
I signed up for total body donation 3 years ago with the London Anatomy Office. Upon my death I'll be stuck into deep freeze and pulled out when they need to use a bit of me. I'll be dead so I won't give a sh*t. And I've saved on the costs of a funeral.

Last edited by Leopald Stotch; Yesterday at 09:53 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
We need more living donors. Transplant charities are doing their best to demystify the process, but it's a long slog. Outcomes are often better and planning can be more strategic.

But I have never understood why people would be strangely squeamish and reluctant to donate whatever is salvageable from their rotting corpses.
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopald Stotch View Post
I signed up for total body donation 3 years ago with the London Atonomy Office. Upon my death I'll be stuck into deep freeze and pulled out when they need to use a bit of me. I'll be dead so I won't give a sh*t. And I've saved on the costs of a funeral.
I have never heard of this. Will see whether a carcass from the Highlands can be frozen in time to save the good bits for future use.
Old Yesterday, 09:37 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I have never heard of this. Will see whether a carcass from the Highlands can be frozen in time to save the good bits for future use.
They don't just want the good bits. Diseased organs are required for research/teaching.
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is hereLeopald Stotch Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
I found them online. Filled in and signed the forms (had to get a relative to countersign). They use the body for medical students to practice on, amongst other things. Might as well be of some use in death.
If you want they will cremate a limb and send it back to the family for funeral purposes.
Old Yesterday, 09:38 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I signed up for total body donation 3 years ago with the London Atonomy Office. Upon my death I'll be stuck into deep freeze and pulled out when they need to use a bit of me. I'll be dead so I won't give a sh*t. And I've saved on the costs of a funeral.

That’s brilliant.
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM
your best is an idiot!

Mis-typed *London Anatomy Office!
Old Today, 08:03 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I signed up for total body donation 3 years ago with the London Anatomy Office. Upon my death I'll be stuck into deep freeze and pulled out when they need to use a bit of me. I'll be dead so I won't give a sh*t. And I've saved on the costs of a funeral.
You can do that here in Spain, but they dont want you if you lived in England when the Foot and Mouth epidemic was on, you cant donate blood here either for the same reason.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old Today, 08:23 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I’m not sure I agree with it...what if my eyes get donated to a Brighton season ticket holder? Or my ears to a Take That fan? Or my hands to a traffic warden?

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old Today, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
I’m not sure I agree with it...what if my eyes get donated to a Brighton season ticket holder? Or my ears to a Take That fan? Or my hands to a traffic warden?
Yes but imagine them all being donated to Wayne Hennessey instead.
Old Today, 08:59 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Take what you want and burn the res
Old Today, 09:14 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
So they get an upgrade?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old Today, 09:32 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
To be honest getting most of organs would not be much of an improvement.
Old Today, 11:40 AM
Thinking

Bintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBintang came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have had 2 corneas replaced thanks to wonderful unknown donors. When both my operations were over I said thank you to the doctors and the donors.

Have carried a donor card for over 35 years.