Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 06:36 AM
عضو النسور

Bo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBo Jangles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Im very pleased with this. Seems an excellent signing.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:36 AM

Jon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJon_C-Pal came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The more I've thought about this signing the more its grown on me. If we can get in CB cover cheap we can spend in more important areas. He's basically going to cover Tomkins and I'd say he could even be slightly better. Only problem is it's another player over 30 which isn't great for the future.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:37 AM
Arse end of Nottingham.

henryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is herehenryhallandhisbasque Sam the man is here
I usually like watching these interviews despite the usual platitudes about why they are joining; but with one, I couldn’t listen to his given main reasons, as you know his actual main reasons were staying in London and a massive wage. That said, he’s a good player and professional and I think he’ll be an excellent addition. But please don’t tell me your second reason for coming here is because Selhurst Park is a good and exciting place.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:41 AM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Whilst it is a very good signing given we would appear forced into it we shouldn't conflate it with the fact that it is a big blow to the club that we had to do it. One less top player for the business positions that we need.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:44 AM
Man about town

Marksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarksf came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We desperately needed a leader, I hope he can fill that role.
Old 06-08-2019, 06:46 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksf View Post
We desperately needed a leader, I hope he can fill that role.
So true
Old 06-08-2019, 06:55 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some on here who keep knocking the signing (assuming it gets over the line) need to understand IF we had our 1st choice CB's able to remain fit fine, as unfortunately Both are an injury waiting just around the corner, otherwise we would NOT have signed him.
We need a quality experienced premiership defender as cover that can "hold" the defence together and he can do that, the fact is a younger Cahill would have been way out of our reach is the reality, Ideally if we can also afford to bring in a younger CB aswell would be good planning hence why i feel Calum Chambers would be a good signing, as he offers cover at RB aswell.
The alternative is to switch Kouyate into central defence a role which may suit him better now as he could play the ball playing Sakho role well.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:20 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
could do worse
one of the few times weve signed established Prem
worth it for even 1 season
Wtf? We've signed loads.

PVA Schlupp Jimmy Sakho Tomkins Townsend Benteke Wickham and plus a few more. Ffs.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:31 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
So the blokes played circa 40 games a season for the last 5/6 years winning titles and cups other than last year where he played only 8 (not two!) and yet most believe hes been past it for years.

I honestly wonder whether a lot of people have ever watched a game of football in their lives.
Old 06-08-2019, 07:37 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
So the blokes played circa 40 games a season for the last 5/6 years winning titles and cups other than last year where he played only 8 (not two!) and yet most believe hes been past it for years.

I honestly wonder whether a lot of people have ever watched a game of football in their lives.
It baffles me, the only reason he wasnt playing was Sarri and his tactical view of what a CB should play like. Up until this year he was a first name on the team sheet player. With MS and JT having injury periods and Dann not as quick as he was post his last injury, this is a perfect signing while we assess the potential of players like Tavares.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 06-08-2019, 08:18 AM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
We need a quality experienced premiership defender as cover that can "hold" the defence together and he can do that
I have never thought of Kelly as a good starting 11 player but I have always thought he really stepped up when he was drafted in as cover and played alongside Tompkins or Sakho. Having seen a far lesser version of Kelly, when he has played alongside Dann, I realise that Kelly needs a strong player alongside him.
In recent seasons if either Tompins or Sakho were injured we always got away with it. If both Tompkins & Sakho are injured, Kelly playing alongside Dann, Inniss, Wood or Reidevald simply will not be sufficient. (I know Kouyate can theoretically play CB but Roy does not seem keen on that).

Therefore to bring in Cahill on a 2 yr contract looks an excellent move. I am hoping that over the next 2 seasons Wood can step up to become 4th choice but he too will need quality around him to school him.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:24 AM

bigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigend1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Im ******* delighted with him this morning

Tomkins and possibly Sakho missing is devastating. Cahill and Sakho for the second game would make me feel much better at the back
Old 06-08-2019, 08:38 AM

sky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsky dancer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
I have never thought of Kelly as a good starting 11 player but I have always thought he really stepped up when he was drafted in as cover and played alongside Tompkins or Sakho. Having seen a far lesser version of Kelly, when he has played alongside Dann, I realise that Kelly needs a strong player alongside him.
In recent seasons if either Tompins or Sakho were injured we always got away with it. If both Tompkins & Sakho are injured, Kelly playing alongside Dann, Inniss, Wood or Reidevald simply will not be sufficient. (I know Kouyate can theoretically play CB but Roy does not seem keen on that).

Therefore to bring in Cahill on a 2 yr contract looks an excellent move. I am hoping that over the next 2 seasons Wood can step up to become 4th choice but he too will need quality around him to school him.
spot on
Old 06-08-2019, 08:45 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
75k a week on a guaranteed two year deal, for a player who was effectively out of the game last season, is absolutely bonkers.

This is exactly the same sort of shit Sunderland, Bolton, Villa etc did in their downward spiral.

Yes, Gary Cahill is just like Wes Brown. But which centre backs did Bolton and Villa sign from title-chasing clubs?
Old 06-08-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
I honestly think that if we got Messi on a free, some on here would be moaning.
Too old, massive wages, past it, mental what are we doing, no scouts, going to be relegated, taking us backwards, Roy must be fuming, Parish out, I've wet the mattress again mummy......
Old 06-08-2019, 08:51 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
could be a decent signing provided he still has this level of football in his legs at his age.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:52 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Clearly we have gone for him after Tomkins suffered a set back. With Sakho not yet fit, Dann having had injuries and only Kelly as another fit CB it makes sense.

If he ends up playing lots then we keep him for another year. If not he goes at the end of the season with our thanks.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:53 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPrince Phillip came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Huth and Morgan had both broken 30 when they won the title.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:54 AM
It's a term of affection

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
A well-experienced signing and hopefully a leader on the pitch.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:56 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Anyone watched his interview yet?

One of the reasons he was excited to come here was the "talented young squad"

Boy is he in for a shock...