Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 26-01-2004, 10:13 AM
Dont Feed Fat Blacky

DougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to OllieDougleMcNori belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally posted by DeleFan
the best thing freeman has done this season is sit on the bench i say sell him
What a load of crap, the glorious chip over Cuddicinis head against Chelsea pre-season was better then his bench sitting.......
Old 26-01-2004, 10:38 AM
Mr.Pilkington

Dartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsDartford Lad was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Wouldn't mind letting him go if we could get Lee Trundle in instead!
Old 26-01-2004, 12:28 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What a wonderful lot you are! I get moaned at for saying Shipps should be dropped, having played 20 odd games poorly, then you want to sell Dougie after he IS dropped but now shows signs of a return to form, and his form is something we need if we are really to progress.! I really don't believe what goes on here sometimes.
Old 26-01-2004, 12:31 PM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
totally agree davematt,
oxo freedman, he's done his time / job at palace...talent to burn but attitude stinks...

tr.v. an·nexed, an·nex·ing, an·nex·es

To append or attach, especially to a larger or more significant thing.
To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
To add or attach, as an attribute, condition, or consequence.
Old 26-01-2004, 12:39 PM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
who can replace him then ozeagle
Old 26-01-2004, 12:47 PM

rhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is hererhiannapaul Sam the man is here
not only dougie went througha bad patch the whole team did Dougie is quality and there is a role for him behind shipps and AJ
Old 26-01-2004, 12:50 PM
leviathan

ozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landozeagle is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
who can replace him then ozeagle
what exactly needs replacing ?
even since clinton left, he's acted like a spoilt kid..
put gareth williams on the track...
buy someone, anyone ?
face it, he's 30 odd, he's not getting any better.
sentiment is all well and good, but it won't get us to the premiership...

To incorporate (territory) into an existing political unit such as a country, state, county, or city.
Old 26-01-2004, 12:51 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't you also want to get rid of Aki, ozeagle? Nuff said.
Old 26-01-2004, 12:51 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by samtheeagle
when we go up we will need more squad depth. ie doug
i think freedman will be collecting his pension by the time we go up

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 26-01-2004, 12:54 PM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
dougie is our cleverest striker capable of playing defence splitting passes , i knoiw his attitude was poor early in the season but new regime now
Old 26-01-2004, 01:00 PM

RichieG is finding a place in our heartRichieG is finding a place in our heartRichieG is finding a place in our heartRichieG is finding a place in our heartRichieG is finding a place in our heart
Ben H - Why don't you leave it out. Your petty jealousy that Steve has some contacts at the club (and has the good grace to stand up for them a little when they get slagged on here) is shining like a beacon.

Do you think that in the months since Kember left you might have made your point by now? I'm getting fairly bored of your inane and juvenile digs at LLCOOLSTEVE, give it a f****** rest!
Old 26-01-2004, 01:02 PM
leviathan

Quote:
Originally posted by sydnsteve
Don't you also want to get rid of Aki, ozeagle? Nuff said.
agreed, note previous comment regards sentiment.
yep, we should have rid ourselves of him 2 seasons back...
then spent his paypacket over that time on someone half creative...

Old 26-01-2004, 01:03 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm not sure. Dougie's never been my favourite of players because he's such a tart but I think that in a squad that is looking for promotion he most certainly has a role.
Old 26-01-2004, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ozeagle
agreed, note previous comment regards sentiment.
yep, we should have rid ourselves of him 2 seasons back...
then spent his paypacket over that time on someone half creative...
you wanted to get rid of aki when he played every game and had a cracking season?
Old 26-01-2004, 01:09 PM
Wash n' gone

Thin on Top is just too good for youThin on Top is just too good for youThin on Top is just too good for youThin on Top is just too good for youThin on Top is just too good for youThin on Top is just too good for youThin on Top is just too good for youThin on Top is just too good for youThin on Top is just too good for youThin on Top is just too good for youThin on Top is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally posted by davematt
Shipperley is getting better by every game he plays. He is getting a good understanding with AJ, and were you at Bradford yesterday, because his work rate was terrfific and had signs of the old Shipps we used to love and know.
Best post I've read for a long time.

Shipperley was magnificent on saturday. I lost count how many times he closed centre halves down, and won us throw ins when we were up against it. A classic centre forward display.
Old 26-01-2004, 01:12 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
I'm not sure. Dougie's never been my favourite of players because he's such a tart but I think that in a squad that is looking for promotion he most certainly has a role.
Precisely. He is a quality striker, and we need quality strikers sat on the bench if we are to mount a serious challenge. Dougie should definitely be retained - when you are desperate for a bit of magic to break down a stuborn defense then Dougie is better than most. The only suggestion to replace him so far is an unproven third division striker with alledged previous presonality 'issues'. Dougie has scored approx. 20 goals a season since returning to Palace, including a return of 11 or 12 so far this season (during a period of 'bad-form' and a reduced number of starts).

I also question who has helped AJ's development at the club. As I recall Dougie was briefed to help AJ learn to finish. Now, all he has to do is help the rest of our squad learn the same skill....

I predict Dougie will soon be back on form.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 26-01-2004, 01:12 PM
leviathan

Quote:
Originally posted by cpfc_spc1982
you wanted to get rid of aki when he played every game and had a cracking season?
nup, after bruce left, when i watched him play every game..
he was useless, in fact, i never saw him have a match that i'd rate a pass - performance wise..
apparently he was good before, and is returning to that form...
however, i've never seen it.

Old 26-01-2004, 01:20 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Exactly
Old 26-01-2004, 01:45 PM
Neah Fruitcake!!!

The EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe EEEAAAGGGLLLEEE!!! : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: 1 million pound to spend at the cost of Freedman?

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Eagles
I hear that Palace will look to off load freedman/Symons/Granville and Smith in the summer..

I hear Millwall scum would love freedman.. and are willing to pay 750k..

My opinion is sell him and Palace will move on.. He's been a great servant to us, but doesn't seem to have the desire..

I also hear Dundee had a 1million pound bid turned down for freedman at the beginning of this year...
I thought Dundee had gone into administration recently, so very much doubt if they would be in a position to make 1 million pound offers.
Old 26-01-2004, 02:28 PM
I am a HAL 9000 computer

screamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldscreamingalice was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
If we are trying to build a squad that obtains promotion and has any chance of staying up then you improve your squad not waeken it.

If AJ or Shipps get injured or lose form this week next week, who the hell is going to fill their role, why of course Freedman. Then its up to the man who has lost his place to win it back. Competition = a better team/squad.

Dougie loves the club, he is a PROVEN goalscorer who adds a bit of class to our squad. He may or may not have lost a yard of pace, but his main asset is his finishing in the box, he is in the same mould as Greaves and Law.

Things may have not gone well for him recently, but all players have off periods. He started the season well and lost his way as did the rest of the squad. However we have been seeing how well Aki has come back, so there is no reason given a run back in the side Dougie will not do the same.

If we as fans spent more time getting behind our players instead of having a "lets slag of xxxxxx this week" and ""yyyyy nect week"" we might see a better performance all around. It may be no coincidence that our away form is much better than the home form. Of course our current style of play is no doubt better suited to away matches. But there is no doubt in my mind that the fantastic away support we have lifts the players. If only we could reproduce that at Selhurst.

Given the same home record as our curent away form, we would be well in the promotion mix!

"The 9000-series is the most reliable computer ever made. No 9000-computer has ever made a mistake or distorted information. We are all, by any practical definitions of the words, foolproof and incapable of error."

In memory of Arthur C Clarke 1917 - 2008 the most visionary and versatile thinker of the last 100 years.