Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 05-06-2001, 01:26 PM

Tomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Ships

Following the thread on Shipperley returning from Barnsley it seems as though we may very well be seeing him next season. That is if reports of a 1.25m move (The Sun) are to be believed.

I quite rated him. Always remember the two he got against West Ham when the Floodlights went out. Fantastic Palace performance for the first 30 mins or so.
Old 05-06-2001, 01:39 PM
Runaway Lab Monkey

Samo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsSamo* was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I got in for free that night.Wasnt it one of Fannys mates who pulled the plug on the lights..??
Shipps, do we really need him back?,i suppose if freedman is off then he would be a good replacment,i would still rather see a new face.
Old 05-06-2001, 01:45 PM

markholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proud
Palace seem to intent on returning to the past than finding new faces to re-launch CPFC. I do like Shipps, but I don't think a move would benefit club or player at the moment.

As for the West Ham game what a terrific first half performance that was from the lads. If I remember rightly West Ham were one of the strongest teams at home in the premiership that season & for the first 45 we played them off the park.

When the game was replayed we got hammered 4-1 & our season seemed to spiral from that result.

I would still prefer to see us make a move for Hayles.
Old 05-06-2001, 01:49 PM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear nookiebear
Shipps is still only 26, and we don't have a striker like him, so maybe it's not such a bad idea.

The last striker to return to Selhurst didn't do to badly
Old 05-06-2001, 01:49 PM

Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Re: Ships

Quote:
Originally posted by Tomahawks
Following the thread on Shipperley returning from Barnsley it seems as though we may very well be seeing him next season. That is if reports of a 1.25m move (The Sun) are to be believed.

I quite rated him. Always remember the two he got against West Ham when the Floodlights went out. Fantastic Palace performance for the first 30 mins or so.

That is ancient history Tomahawks, i think you'll find he is not up to that standard any more. I mean come on do you think Barnsley are selling him because they are having trouble keeping a player of his potential genius NO i thought not, they are selling him because they think he is very average.

If very average is ok for you fair enough but i would prefer something a bit more exciting than that.
Old 05-06-2001, 01:51 PM

Tomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkTomahawks sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by SAMO*
i suppose if freedman is off then he would be a good replacment,i would still rather see a new face.
i've not been on the board for a while & didnt even know that freedman is going.
Why? Where? How? did this all come about?

I firmly believe Freedman is our best player. (And not just for the wonder goal at Edgeley). Works hard, skillful, good finisher.
To lose him would be tragic.
Old 05-06-2001, 01:55 PM

markholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proudmarkholmes1991 is south London and proud
re:Tomahawks

Freedman has been linked with a return to his native Scotland. Hearts are apparently leading the chase. As you say it would be a travesty if we sold him
Old 05-06-2001, 01:56 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
For the right price he would be a welcome addition to the squad but not as a starting striker. We still need to sign another even if we get him.
Old 05-06-2001, 02:01 PM

At this stage of his career Shipps will expect first team football. He should be approaching his peak & I can't see him being satisfied with playing a bit role if he were to return to SE25.
Old 05-06-2001, 02:02 PM

DiscoDaveyf has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.DiscoDaveyf has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.DiscoDaveyf has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.DiscoDaveyf has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.DiscoDaveyf has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.DiscoDaveyf has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.DiscoDaveyf has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.DiscoDaveyf has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.DiscoDaveyf has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.DiscoDaveyf has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.DiscoDaveyf has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.
I don't really see the point of getting him back. i agree, lets try and get new younger blood in. Shipperley is not a bad player but he's not great.

Let's start afresh and start moving forward again.
Old 05-06-2001, 02:06 PM

Perhaps thats part of the reason Kember didn't get the job.
Jordan feels it's time to get some fresh blood in & to move onto pastures new & Bruce was that person to lead the way
Old 05-06-2001, 08:58 PM

Jake has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Jake has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Jake has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Jake has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Jake has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Jake has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Jake has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Jake has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Jake has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Jake has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Jake has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.
I'd have Shipperly back anyday! We could do a lot worse.
Old 05-06-2001, 09:14 PM
I'm out of here!!!!!!!

Location: 64 miles from heaven - that place called Selhurst!!
BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69
Why oh why does everyone keep going on about players who used to play for us and have since moved on. I know I am going to get slated here but how many of them have actually done that well since they came back. Hoppo IMHO has been average and until the last couple of games of the season I think that Dougie was as well. Okay he is now a god 'cos of what happened at Stockport but if that one hadn't of gone in no doubt many more people whould be suggesting that maybe he is not the player he used to be.

We MUST move forwards and not keep going back for players who once played for us and were good. I used to love Ships when he played for before but he hasn't exactly set Barnsley alight has he? If he had he wouldn't even think about coming to Palace he would be going up to the Premier again to have another go.

If we are to move forwards and seriously challenge for promotion next season then we need one or two quality strikers to play up front. Personally I do not rate Ships or Dougie in this manner.... Clinton - possibly as long as he has someone (a la Super Mik) alongside him to feed off!!!!
Old 05-06-2001, 09:23 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by BaldEagle69
Why oh why does everyone keep going on about players who used to play for us and have since moved on. I know I am going to get slated here but how many of them have actually done that well since they came back. Hoppo IMHO has been average and until the last couple of games of the season I think that Dougie was as well. Okay he is now a god 'cos of what happened at Stockport but if that one hadn't of gone in no doubt many more people whould be suggesting that maybe he is not the player he used to be.

We MUST move forwards and not keep going back for players who once played for us and were good. I used to love Ships when he played for before but he hasn't exactly set Barnsley alight has he? If he had he wouldn't even think about coming to Palace he would be going up to the Premier again to have another go.

If we are to move forwards and seriously challenge for promotion next season then we need one or two quality strikers to play up front. Personally I do not rate Ships or Dougie in this manner.... Clinton - possibly as long as he has someone (a la Super Mik) alongside him to feed off!!!!
WHile Clinton may be more technically gifted than Dougie, it was Freedman who slogged his guts out for the last two months of last season - NOT JUST the last two games. While Clinton spent every game moaning to the ref aboput offside decisions, Doog ran his a*se off and actually looked like the most commited player in the club. Yeah, Clinton is a very gifted player, but he could learn a lesson or two from Dougie in the "Run-you're-f*cking-guts-out-for-this-club" department. I would rather have had Dougie in the team over the final ten games of last season that Clinton. Let's hope Bruce changes that.
Old 05-06-2001, 09:40 PM

Eagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkEagle sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
It wouldn't bother me too much if Shipperley returned to Palace or not.
He is a decent player but if you remember when we played them at home he was marked out of the game by a certain NEIL RUDDOCK!!!
I do feel though if we were to sign him though it would be a step back and there are certainly other better target men out there to sign.
Someone said that at Neil's stage of his career he would want 1st team football, he's only 26 and if i'm not wrong he would be our youngest striker in the first team bar Clinton.
Also just to point out since Bruce has taken over as manager we have been linked in the papers everyday with somebody new.

On the point of Dougie, stop worrying, he's going absolutely nowhere.
Old 05-06-2001, 09:40 PM
I'm out of here!!!!!!!

Location: 64 miles from heaven - that place called Selhurst!!
BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69 BaldEagle69
Quote:
Originally posted by Benzhiyi

WHile Clinton may be more technically gifted than Dougie, it was Freedman who slogged his guts out for the last two months of last season - NOT JUST the last two games. While Clinton spent every game moaning to the ref aboput offside decisions, Doog ran his a*se off and actually looked like the most commited player in the club. Yeah, Clinton is a very gifted player, but he could learn a lesson or two from Dougie in the "Run-you're-f*cking-guts-out-for-this-club" department. I would rather have had Dougie in the team over the final ten games of last season that Clinton. Let's hope Bruce changes that.
I agree that Dougie was committed and ran his guts out but strikers need to have that special touch in front of goal and I honestly do not think that Dougie has. Clinton without a doubt has and I just wish Dougie had as well!!

Let's face it in the last ten games of the season (other than the final two) the whole team were a bunch of headless chicken who had no leadership whatsoever. When it came down to it the last two games were the only ones that mattered and we got the right results with everyone putting in great performances!!!
Old 05-06-2001, 09:51 PM
Bored and stupid

I was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screenI was called 'Worried' has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Should we be worried?? Is this true? Lets hope not! \/
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-06-2001, 10:42 PM
Asta La Vista Doggies

jordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejordanismygod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He's not past it yet Ships!
I don't like signing old players, but theres something about the bloke........
Some musicians are meant to be heard but not seen - merely an auditory experience and nothing more. Berlin's IAMX, on the other hand, isnt merely a band... it's an event - a full-on aural and visual attack with the dynamic and inimitable Chris Corner (of Sneaker Pimps) leading the charge.
Old 06-06-2001, 03:24 PM
Absolutely Fabulous!

SARN is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsSARN is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsSARN is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsSARN is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsSARN is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsSARN is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsSARN is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsSARN is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsSARN is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsSARN is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsSARN is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Bring Shipps back that's what I say!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, chocolate covered strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!" Amen!!!