Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 26-03-2018, 03:24 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesy View Post
As I said in an earlier post the spot-fixing was terrible but it involved two bullies coercing a naive 18 year old country boy, along with threats directed at his family to bowl 2 no-balls. I am not denying this could have affected the outcome of the game. It cost him his liberty and a large chunk of his career. Most in the cricketing world have a degree of sympathy for him.

Smith and his band of millionaires have committed a far worse crime in my opinion and when they are seen on the field of play over here or in Asia they are going to get some reception.
How about Hansie Cronje chucking a Test for a leather jacket?

And I'd forgotten : also recruiting 2 junior players to underperform in ODIs.

Last edited by spike; 26-03-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 26-03-2018, 03:34 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I am taking into consideration the whole events, not just who did it.
Ultimately, all the Pakistan players involved decided that to get some money was more important than trying to play a match. If they knew that was happening, where they really putting all their effort into the match? They were affectively paving the way to try and fix results.

At least the Australians behaviour was to try and get a win.
Old 26-03-2018, 03:48 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Warner, who's never shy of commenting suddenly very quiet.
I think he's played a very big role in this.

As much as I detest what the Aussies did, the Spot Fixing, was much, much worse.
Not sure it was. Pakistani international cricketers get paid very little and a young upcoming bowler was pressured in by captain and senior members.

Hard to think that Lehmann wasnt in on it. His gripes about the SA public and then though ill get my own back by ball tampering. In already what has been a dirty series perhaps he felt it would pale into significance even if caught. It has similar feel to spot fixing. Senior members with youngest newest player of the team.

The leadership group by the way is Smith, Warner, Lyon, Hazlewood and Starc.
Old 26-03-2018, 03:50 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I canít see CA wanting to get rid of one of the best Batsman for good. They also donít have a Test series for quite a while, do they?
Ban him for the coming ODI series (letís say a 6 month ban) and then they can begin his ďintegrationĒ into the team. Off the top of my head I donít think they have a test series until the end of the year when they face India.
0 chance that neither Warner or Smith will not be lining up to face India nin the test series at the end of 2018 if they are fit. Remember that cricket is ruled and governed by the ECB, CA and BCCI. 0 chance that for viewing figures, tickets etc that the stars will be banned. It just wont happen
Old 26-03-2018, 04:13 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj4england View Post
Not sure it was. Pakistani international cricketers get paid very little and a young upcoming bowler was pressured in by captain and senior members.
The whole point is that it effectively stopped it becoming a sport. **** the circumstances.
Everyone involved should have been ashamed, and the punishments were correct.

They made a complete mockery of what sport should be, and who knows how far they'd have pushed that if not caught.
Old 26-03-2018, 04:16 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
What's surprised me most in all this is that the Australian public seem to have genuinely believed their international reputation was that of a team that "knew where the line was" and who played "hard but fair".

I feel bad watching the interviews of ordinary people who appear genuinely distraught but I don't think the rest of the world is remotely as shocked.
Old 26-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
What's surprised me most in all this is that the Australian public seem to have genuinely believed their international reputation was that of a team that "knew where the line was" and who played "hard but fair".

I feel bad watching the interviews of ordinary people who appear genuinely distraught but I don't think the rest of the world is remotely as shocked.
It's up there with English football fans that think they can win the FIFA World Cup!

There is a lot of integrity attached to the job of Australian cricket captain. The line is that it is the second most important job behind the Prime Minister.
People in Oz genuinely believe that you don't become captain unless you have already passed these integrity tests.
Smith had been batting so well, it probably helped cover up a few character flaws.
Old 26-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

crystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcrystaljim came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
This explains it better

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 26-03-2018, 04:38 PM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaljim View Post
It's up there with English football fans that think they can win the FIFA World Cup!

There is a lot of integrity attached to the job of Australian cricket captain. The line is that it is the second most important job behind the Prime Minister.
People in Oz genuinely believe that you don't become captain unless you have already passed these integrity tests.
Smith had been batting so well, it probably helped cover up a few character flaws.
John Terry was English football captain, and KP in cricket, so no such lofty idealism and subsequent disappointment here.
Old 26-03-2018, 04:39 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:

There is a lot of integrity attached to the job of Australian cricket captain.
Like Clarke telling jimmy " be prepared for a ******* broken arm "
Old 26-03-2018, 04:41 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereichstuff View Post
Like Clarke telling jimmy " be prepared for a ******* broken arm "
That's pretty standard sledging done by all sides. Not comparable really.

Besides I didn't say they were perfect, just the public perception of the role.
Old 26-03-2018, 04:52 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do like how du Plessis can brazenly claim that illegally shining the ball is not as bad as illegally scratching it.
Old 26-03-2018, 04:53 PM

Quote:
That's pretty standard sledging done by all sides. Not comparable really.

Besides I didn't say they were perfect, just the public perception of the role.
I think the international public perception is different though. People would have been similarly unsurprised if this had happened under Clarke.

The idea that Australia know where the line is and go up to but never past it just doesn't have currency elsewhere, I don't think.
Old 26-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
It's a weird one this. For some reason it seems worse than other ball tampering examples, but I don't know why. Maybe it's because it was so brazen and obvious. Maybe it's because there were a number of people in on it. Maybe because the apology didn't seem that sincere. Maybe because they'd been complaining about lines being crossed and preaching about what's fair and what isn't. But this, for me anyway, has seemed far more shocking and far worse than any of the other scandals I can think of.

It's also quite telling how the Australian public, commentators and authorities have reacted. CA are going to come down hard on Smith et al.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 26-03-2018, 05:06 PM
Pushing The Sky Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I
The idea that Australia know where the line is and go up to but never past it just doesn't have currency elsewhere, I don't think.
I don't think it really had much currency in Oz either.
Old 26-03-2018, 07:32 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
It's a weird one this. For some reason it seems worse than other ball tampering examples, but I don't know why. Maybe it's because it was so brazen and obvious. Maybe it's because there were a number of people in on it. Maybe because the apology didn't seem that sincere. Maybe because they'd been complaining about lines being crossed and preaching about what's fair and what isn't. But this, for me anyway, has seemed far more shocking and far worse than any of the other scandals I can think of.

It's also quite telling how the Australian public, commentators and authorities have reacted. CA are going to come down hard on Smith et al.
Itís because they are sanctimonious wankers who have been caught red handed.

Cricket wanker.
Old 26-03-2018, 07:49 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesy View Post
Their crimes are no different...
Well they are, because, they are well, not a crime. Unlike match fixing. However, still disgusting behaviour.
Old 26-03-2018, 08:02 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Seems like I picked a good weekend to go away, anthing happen in my absence?
Looks like it

lol
Old 26-03-2018, 08:06 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Read somewhere that Warner was the chief rubber-upper (surely a role Smith was born for, using his face) using tape on his fingers but was warned at Port Elizabeth so Bancroft took over.

Thought Broad did well not to laugh in his interview. Certainly taken the heat off them.
Broad was good in that.
Old 26-03-2018, 08:06 PM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post

For me it's hiding the tape or whatever and lying to the umpires that all he had was a cloth for his sunglasses, with Smith looking on in close attendance, knowing full well the truth. All coordinated by the coach, via walkie talkie and the 12th man. The cover up is actually worse than the crime in this case.