Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 21-07-2021, 12:50 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
Okay I’ll bite on this.

If Starmer is a puppet whose role is to remove the left, who is behind all of this? What’s the secret cabal controlling him?
Old 21-07-2021, 12:52 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Except I never said that I said he made labour toothless and no threat to the status quo. From the Iraq war, to prisons for asylum seekers, to talking about immigrants swamping schools, to berating unions and upholding the draconian anti union laws to the praise from thatcher.
You forgot about Kashmir.
Old 21-07-2021, 12:53 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
LOL far too simplistic. ever thought that you and the left of labour spend way toooo much time on internal enemies in Labour rather then focusing on the Tories... no thought not.
They have to, what else can they do or what else do they have?

The people overwhelmingly said no and elected the worst possible gov't rather than elect a left-wing run party. That's a little hint telling you that you are fecked, and something needs to be changed.

I always wonder why the left does not start up a party of their own with all their wonderful policies and values and go up against Labour, the Tories etc., in their own right?

One side of Labour does not want the other, so trust your convictions and go for it. What could possibly go wrong?
Old 21-07-2021, 12:56 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Arent you busy with your racist hatred of the Palestinians?
Old 21-07-2021, 01:00 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Don’t be ridiculous. It flows from his politics. The priority of the labour right is to purge the left and that’s where they have been focusing across CLPs across the country. They see the left as a bigger enemy than the Tories in many cases.
So Liz Kendall’s controlling him?
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 21-07-2021, 01:00 PM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
They have to, what else can they do or what else do they have?

The people overwhelmingly said no and elected the worst possible gov't rather than elect a left-wing run party. That's a little hint telling you that you are fecked, and something needs to be changed.

I always wonder why the left does not start up a party of their own with all their wonderful policies and values and go up against Labour, the Tories etc., in their own right?

One side of Labour does not want the other, so trust your convictions and go for it. What could possibly go wrong?
Yes that’s right lol the left just want to attack the right, no interest at all in improving society. And you called me bollocks for brains.

But while you do nothing at all to get involved in politics your man that you trumpeted as the great hope now flounders in the polls even while offering nothing much at all in terms of change. And still all you can do is snipe at the left.
Old 21-07-2021, 01:05 PM
jft39

Quote:
And you called me bollocks for brains.
Even a stopped clock...
Old 21-07-2021, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Even a stopped clock...
That’s original. You’re such a tedious bore.
Old 21-07-2021, 02:12 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
What I don't understand about the Labour left who basically disown everything from Kinnock until Corbyn is..

... If the Labour government of 1997 to 2010 were so awful, where was the room for the Conservative led governments since 2010 to have made it worse?

Or put it another way - would you rather the current Conservative government or a Blair-ite Labour one? Because it's very very clear from the last election - and from the 1980s - that you are not going to get a Corbyn style Labour government. And the other lesson from then and now is that all you do is get the worst Conservative governments.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 21-07-2021, 02:19 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Starmer’s having to self isolate now. One of his kid’s have got it.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 21-07-2021, 02:25 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
What I don't understand about the Labour left who basically disown everything from Kinnock until Corbyn is..

... If the Labour government of 1997 to 2010 were so awful, where was the room for the Conservative led governments since 2010 to have made it worse?

Or put it another way - would you rather the current Conservative government or a Blair-ite Labour one? Because it's very very clear from the last election - and from the 1980s - that you are not going to get a Corbyn style Labour government. And the other lesson from then and now is that all you do is get the worst Conservative governments.
It's a bit more complicated than that. The overwhelming majority of the Labour Left that remained in the party during that period campaigned for Labour in all those elections and were very clear that a Labour government was a much better option than a Tory one.

There were major policy areas where the left were in opposition to the leadership - PFI, tuition fees, the Iraq War etc, but very few people were of the view that the Tories wouldn't be a lot worse on these issues and many others.

In fact, in the years following the end of the Brown govt, the left were relatively isolated in arguing that the attempted stimulus packages of investment after the financial crash were broadly the right thing to do (with the exception of bailing out the banks), and that the austerity program of the coalition government was damaging. The centre and right of the party went along with the austerity program, the disaffection with which led to the Corbyn surge in 2015.

Werner Herzog
Old 21-07-2021, 02:25 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:

Couldn't have put it better myself.
Old 21-07-2021, 02:48 PM

montrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmontrealeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Blimey. If those are your only options I am glad I emigrated ( and yes I know Trudeau is a w@nker).
Old 21-07-2021, 03:09 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealeagle View Post
Blimey. If those are your only options I am glad I emigrated ( and yes I know Trudeau is a w@nker).
They were the only viable ones.

And as discussed earlier. There were plenty of positive moves that came out of that time (not that they will make up for the horrific war that took place).

I'd much rather that the party could be more left. I supported (and liked) Corbyn and most of his policies. But the last few months were pretty horrific and is where we are now.

But, the country will never go that way in the short term, so I'd much rather there was an aligned Labour party. But too much of Corbyn's supporters would rather blame Starmer than Johnson for what is currently happening.

Starmer was strong in PMQ's and opposed Johnson at every turn. Yet all you'll hear is how "he's supporting the government." When he's not, and it's pretty irrelevant because of the huge deficit the Labour party currently have.
Old 21-07-2021, 03:21 PM
Tried, but couldn't leave

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealeagle View Post
Rather Trudeau that the bloody Conservatives.

I am in the CPFC cult.
Old 21-07-2021, 03:25 PM
jft39

Quote:
Originally Posted by britabroad View Post
Rather Trudeau that the bloody Conservatives.
Even if he is what our PM calls a picaninny:

Old 21-07-2021, 03:31 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
That Trudeau pic is amazing. He really went for it didn't he? This wasn't some daft student thing cobbled together in 20 minutes with shoe polish after too much scrumpy.
Old 21-07-2021, 03:50 PM

Quote:

Firstly I don’t think that’s true. I think a better leader than corbyn from the left could have won and 2017 showed that.

And yes a Blairite government is despite all the terrible things it did, destroying hundreds of thousands of lives abroad, and with horrific consequences for asylum seekers here, was still better than the Tories. Is that it for humanity?
Old 21-07-2021, 03:54 PM
jft39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
That Trudeau pic is amazing. He really went for it didn't he? This wasn't some daft student thing cobbled together in 20 minutes with shoe polish after too much scrumpy.
He did it more than once on camera as well which is baffling. The picture up there is from some boat trip, which may "just" have been him and his mates, but there's also of course this from when he was a teacher in 2001:

Old 21-07-2021, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Westminster voting intention:

CON: 41.9% (-2.8)
LAB: 33.1% (+0.2)
LDEM: 9.6% (-2.2)
GRN: 5.5% (+2.7)

via
@BritainElects
poll tracker, 20 Jul
Chgs. w/ 2019 election result (GB-wide)
Media much more on side. PLP on side. NEC on side. Becomes a party that will change nothing fundamental.

And…0.2% gain. Lol