Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 24-08-2000, 12:44 AM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Peschisolido

He's on the transfer list at Fulham and could be just what we need up front. I think he could be bought for under a million, Smith knows him. Could be a posibility.
Old 24-08-2000, 12:48 AM
Örnar Örnar!

James TaylorNye sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames TaylorNye sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames TaylorNye sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames TaylorNye sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames TaylorNye sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames TaylorNye sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames TaylorNye sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames TaylorNye sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames TaylorNye sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames TaylorNye sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJames TaylorNye sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
We need another short quick bloke up front like we need a whole in the head.

BIG BOYS UP FRONT! RUSHEM!

------------------
CPIFC No.1
Old 24-08-2000, 01:03 AM

BIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happening
I did not spend the last couple of seasons ****ting myself about whether or not we would have a club to come back to this year, only for people to be going on about signing **** like Benali, Walker, Peacock and Peschisolido. NO NO and thrice NO. Why can't people suggest decent players they would like us to sign? I have a recurring nightmare whereby Alan Smith and Simon Jordan formulate transfer policy by trawling through the posts on this board. I've been pleasantly surprised by our buys so far, and we had a great deal of luck with Benali, but God forbid if any of that lot come anywhere closer than East Croydon station.

Anyway, moan over, Cardiff here I come!

------------------
- Yay! -
Old 24-08-2000, 01:06 AM

BIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happeningBIG LETTER! is not here - this isn't happening
Oh and before any of you have a go at me and ask me to put my money where my mouth is by suggesting a player we should sign, I suggest that we let Harrison go back to Boro and sign Lockwood of Leyton Orient, although this is a different thread.

------------------
- Yay! -
Old 24-08-2000, 01:36 AM

John 24 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJohn 24 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJohn 24 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJohn 24 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJohn 24 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJohn 24 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJohn 24 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJohn 24 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJohn 24 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJohn 24 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldJohn 24 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
How about Tony Cottee, unlikely to play much for Leicester after their recent signings and would certainly score goals. Could be alright in the short term. Sorry BIG LETTER, how about Ronaldo, could get him on the cheap given his recent injury problems. The point I'm trying poorly to make is that good players don't want to come to us at the moment and hot prospects from the lower division are far and few between.
Old 24-08-2000, 01:55 AM

CPFCkidGeneric is playing for a contract
I got a couple of idea's about signings. Before that though, I might add, that although Peschisolido is a gifted little player, I agree with whoever said we don't want anymore little, or lightweight players upfront.
How about Udovic (Slovenian), There was another Slovenian I thought looked got, and could probably be signed up on the cheap, also Stephane Chapuisat is a great player.
Other players I will post later, I'll remember them.
Old 24-08-2000, 01:57 AM

CPFCkidGeneric is playing for a contract
I got a couple of idea's about signings. Before that though, I might add, that although Peschisolido is a gifted little player, I agree with whoever said we don't want anymore little, or lightweight players upfront.
How about Udovic (Slovenian), There was another Slovenian I thought looked got, and could probably be signed up on the cheap, also Stephane Chapuisat is a great player.
Other players I will post later, I'll remember them.
Old 24-08-2000, 02:00 AM

pintofduvelplease is not here - this isn't happeningpintofduvelplease is not here - this isn't happeningpintofduvelplease is not here - this isn't happeningpintofduvelplease is not here - this isn't happeningpintofduvelplease is not here - this isn't happeningpintofduvelplease is not here - this isn't happeningpintofduvelplease is not here - this isn't happeningpintofduvelplease is not here - this isn't happeningpintofduvelplease is not here - this isn't happeningpintofduvelplease is not here - this isn't happeningpintofduvelplease is not here - this isn't happening
As we now appear to be targetting anyone over 30 as a potential buy, there was a much sharper fitter and faster striker on display in Peschisolido's last outing, he also scored, something the little Canadian failed to do. His name? Marco Gabbiadini!
Old 24-08-2000, 04:07 AM

Jonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is hereJonboy Sam the man is here
He isn't even a first choice striker for the Canadian national team any more.

Believe me, you don't have to be very good to play soccer for Canada.
Old 24-08-2000, 04:12 AM
At The Drive-In, Enfilade

Location: Orpington. freight train coming, freight freight train coming........
Neil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screenNeil MacQueen has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Nah, we need someone more prolific and someone with abit of height, i know! Carl Leaburn! Err NO!!!

------------------
Oh look its Nelson Quiche' The Spanish U21 International.
Old 24-08-2000, 04:28 AM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsarussell was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Have seen "Pesky" as he's nicknamed - play for Fulham a number of times Tak - I wouldn't say he's someone we should chase, or is the type of player we need right now.

We do need a couple of strikers though - but not of that type IMHO.
Old 24-08-2000, 05:49 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Peschelido is, and always will be, a division 1 player, and not a good one at that. He was signed to drag Phlegm from division 2 and now they are onto bigger things he's cast aside.

If your ambitions are low then sign him, otherwise leave him for the likes of Wolves.
Old 24-08-2000, 02:11 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Peschisolido is a tart, just like his wife!
Old 24-08-2000, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by John 24:
How about Tony Cottee, unlikely to play much for Leicester after their recent signings and would certainly score goals. Could be alright in the short term. Sorry BIG LETTER, how about Ronaldo, could get him on the cheap given his recent injury problems. The point I'm trying poorly to make is that good players don't want to come to us at the moment and hot prospects from the lower division are far and few between.
Firstly you forgot the "!"

Secondly, I think you should try and tell Black, Gray, Pollock, Ruddock, Forssell and Taylor that good players don't want to join us, because those 6 names are overwhelming proof that they do. They are also overwhelming proof that we don't need to be necessary looking in the lower leagues, but it would be very wrong to say prospects in the lower leagues are few and far between so lets not bother looking there at all. It just means we have to look harder. We shouldn't fall into the trap of thinking that players are only good if we've heard of them. I would have said who's Ashley Cole before last season! And we shouldn't set our sights too high (i.e. Ronaldo!) but we musn't aim too low either (i.e. Pesch, Walker etc.). Its all about striking a balance, and I for one think our recent signings have been spot on. Lets not **** it all up now by signing ****. From the comments made by Smith following the signings of Taylor and Harrison I don't think we will, but it worries me when people name people like Pesch as the answer to all our problems. Players like him start off well, and then get dropped when the club does well and sit in the reserves on huge wages. I thought we might have learnt a few lessons by now?

Oh and as for Cottee, good shout. Honestly. He wouldn't be the answer to our stirker problems longterm, but he would score goals while we spend a bit of time looking for that answer and he may even become a useful addition to the coaching staff. You never know. The important thing is that he mustn't stay playing on huge wages once he is no longer able to add anything to the side.

------------------
- Yay! -
Old 24-08-2000, 10:20 PM
On the Tory right !

Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I understand that we are on the lookout for a target man.If one is to delve into the lower divisions could I humbly suggest Richard Barker of Macclesfield or John Murphy of Blackpool.Another player who is not a tall centre forward but who would be a good purchase would be Ian Moore of Tranmere.
With regards to a Left Back/Left Wing back, how about Carl Serrant of Newcastle or Paul Powell of Oxford Utd ?
As for a goalkeeper, I would recommend Alan Fettis of York.
As you are aware, I do have a great deal of spare time and consequently am able to watch and follow football in general quite closely - If anyone needs advice on certain players, come to TROLLEY !!!!
Old 24-08-2000, 10:56 PM
BBS addict

LP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How about James Beattie of Southampton? He's big, good in the air, holds the ball up and chips in with a few goals. He's about 4th in the pecking order down there, how about it Smithy...?
Old 25-08-2000, 04:34 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Several years ago Pesky was at WBA before Birmingham. He was scoring goals and playing well but him and his agent knew it. Reports were that he would hold crisis meetings about four times a season about revamping his contract. The threat was the usual one of walking out of the club (effectively cr@pping about until the club would sell
him). WBA went with this for a while but then his demands became to great and he went to Birmingham where he done much the same thing.

In short he his the archetypal football mercenary whose love affair with the fans is short lived. Such a purchase could only mean trouble.