Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
Be careful what some of you lot wish for. Ask Charlton fans...
Yep .
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM

IanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is hereIanH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy feelers View Post
Be careful what some of you lot wish for. Ask Charlton fans...

This could also be good advice when we talk about how funny it would be if we help to relegate Brighton. Karma certainly came to Charlton in a big way after they over celebrated sending us down.
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM

Bobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Exactly this and imagine this lot on the bbs in early 80’s
Try the four years in the early seventies. Three out of four seasons fighting relegation. Couldn't win in front of the Match of the Day cameras. Couldn't beat a London team.

We used to joke that the only reason the gates were so good was nobody wanted to miss the game when we actually played well.

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Are you saying you are happy with Roys use of subs over the season?
39 points, some great away days make me happy - would like to see more wins at Selhurst next season of course and looking forward to seeing Roy being given the backing to deliver that.
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
39 points, some great away days make me happy - would like to see more wins at Selhurst next season of course and looking forward to seeing Roy being given the backing to deliver that.
Yes one great win lots of very good performances. But that was not the question.
Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
my first palace game was early 70's ive watched some absolute dross played by some awful players and some terrible managers. That's not going to stop me saying what i see with my own eyes at the moment and don some rose tinted specs. The football is boring,negative,the game managment is poor and the side has very little character or fight. No excuses.
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
It also makes me larf when people trot out the old charlton analogy. Curbishley was shit and hasn't had a job since has he? He probably would've taken them down as well they were punching well above their weight treading water waiting to drown, clowns
Old Yesterday, 08:26 PM

Since 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSince 1968 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You may not be one of the regular Roy boy boys but believe me there is small minority on here that want to force Roy out. Check this thread and you will see they jump on here before the day before a game trying to make a case. They have been frustrated recently because our form is good so we must be “lucky” - no acknowledgement of another successful points tally, two decent cup runs with no transfer budget, injuries to key players and no striker until Feb. The one time all season Roy gets a “full strength” team on the pitch we destroy Leicester 4-1. It would be great if they could swallow their pride, admit that they were wrong, acknowledge that Roy was worked miracles and is the best since SSC.

I see you mention “undeserved win” with no mention of undeserved loses during the season - are you sure you are not a Roy boo boy as well?
Have you noticed, whenever we win, its because the other team were sh_t or we were lucky!
Its amazing how we have never been near relegation with a manager, who is so clueless and never picks the right team. I guess he is just very lucky.
We shouldn't get rid of a lucky manager.
Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
Yes one great win lots of very good performances. But that was not the question.
Like any other punter, I disagree with team selection / subs etc but I have respect for Roy and don't question his ability to do the job. The football we played at the end of last season was excellent and gave a taste of what Roy can deliver. If we lose Wilf / AWB then I would have no problem in trusting Roy to work his magic and rebuild the team.
Old Today, 12:08 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Like any other punter, I disagree with team selection / subs etc but I have respect for Roy and don't question his ability to do the job. The football we played at the end of last season was excellent and gave a taste of what Roy can deliver. If we lose Wilf / AWB then I would have no problem in trusting Roy to work his magic and rebuild the team.
I think if Wilf is off then having an experienced head to get through what will no doubt be a testing summer could be very valuable. With his experience he should be able to cope with the loss better than some and is unlikely to panic or try to rush to spend the money unwisely. And without Wilf it is probably even more important the team is well drilled and defensively organised, which is something Roy has certainly brought.