Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:30 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
For all those slagging off Sunderland’s support, there was a game played at SP where at the end, after a hard fought game, both sets of fans in the Holmesdale/Arthur paused and then turned and applauded each other.

I can’t recall which game but it was probably approaching 20 years ago, but it was a truly special moment.

Anyone care to fill in the missing details?
Old 09-05-2018, 08:00 AM

PS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was it in a dream Blind? ;-)
Old 11-05-2019, 08:28 AM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
23,391 tickets sold so far for their home match with Pompey tonight

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-05-2019, 08:31 AM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Any special reason for that, you’d think they’d get 40k+ easily for this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 11-05-2019, 08:31 AM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Barely half of the stadium capacity.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:33 PM
You looking at me?

Terrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is hereTerrace Bickle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
For all those slagging off Sunderland’s support, there was a game played at SP where at the end, after a hard fought game, both sets of fans in the Holmesdale/Arthur paused and then turned and applauded each other.

I can’t recall which game but it was probably approaching 20 years ago, but it was a truly special moment.

Was it the Boxing Day clash when Ron Noades provided breakfast? Personally I hope they're promoted taking revenge on the clowns.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:01 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
23,391 tickets sold so far for their home match with Pompey tonight

I'm sure they've averaged over 30k this year
Old 11-05-2019, 03:15 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
I don't care who wins. Just knock the clowns out, with a big stick.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:24 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
I don't care who wins. Just knock the clowns out, with a big stick.

They set off early, but the sad news is their car has already broken down just north of the Blackwall Tunnel.

Old 11-05-2019, 03:33 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post

It was because of an apparently farcical decision to schedule Sunderland to play away at Palace on Boxing Day with a 12:30 kick off.

Sunderland had been promoted despite losing the play-off final to Swindon but Swindon were subsequently denied promotion due to 'financial irregularites'. By the time the decision had been made and Swindon had exhausted the appeals process, the upcoming season's fixture list had already been released. It was deemed too late to reschedule the whole season so Sunderland were simply allocated Swindon's fixtures.

So a relatively sensible bank holiday fixture of Palace v Swindon at Selhurst became Sunderland having to travel to South London at the most inconvenient time imaginable. In those days, the police were paranoid about drunken violence at bank holiday fixtures and insisted that all matches in London kicked off simulaneously at 12:30 and sod the fans. (Now it's Sky that make these decisions)

Despite all this, an impressive away support made the journey to witness what I recall was a slightly fortuitous 2-1 win for Palace. As already mentioned, we laid on a free breakfast for the early coach arrivals who would have had to have set out on Xmas evening. I think most of the good vibes between the two sets of fans has long since evaporated.

(I think that's the one you're thinking of)
Old 11-05-2019, 03:47 PM
BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis View Post
It was because of an apparently farcical decision to schedule Sunderland to play away at Palace on Boxing Day with a 12:30 kick off.

Sunderland had been promoted despite losing the play-off final to Swindon but Swindon were subsequently denied promotion due to 'financial irregularites'. By the time the decision had been made and Swindon had exhausted the appeals process, the upcoming season's fixture list had already been released. It was deemed too late to reschedule the whole season so Sunderland were simply allocated Swindon's fixtures.

So a relatively sensible bank holiday fixture of Palace v Swindon at Selhurst became Sunderland having to travel to South London at the most inconvenient time imaginable. In those days, the police were paranoid about drunken violence at bank holiday fixtures and insisted that all matches in London kicked off simulaneously at 12:30 and sod the fans. (Now it's Sky that make these decisions)

Despite all this, an impressive away support made the journey to witness what I recall was a slightly fortuitous 2-1 win for Palace. As already mentioned, we laid on a free breakfast for the early coach arrivals who would have had to have set out on Xmas evening. I think most of the good vibes between the two sets of fans has long since evaporated.

(I think that's the one you're thinking of)
I believe also unless I am mistaken that there was a danger due to the cold / weather that the game was in danger of being postponed.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:54 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
It rained all game, we gave them the (then unroofed) Holmesdale End which was where I used to stand.
I quite like and respect Sunderland fans.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:03 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
When we were in the third division, and smashed the Roker roar. They were disgusting. Bloody animals. Northern shit.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.

Only people with their own hair, need to apply.

Hell is coming to breakfast.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:16 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
When we were in the third division, and smashed the Roker roar. They were disgusting. Bloody animals. Northern shit.
This.

You diced with death just standing on the terrace, which was thoughtfully unsegregated. We were lucky to make it back to the station alive - only a slight exaggeration. No police in sight.

But they were considerate enough to make sure our trains were properly air-conditioned for the journey home. Scumbags.

Every bit as bad as LeedsLeedsLeeds. Hope Derby wipe the floor with them later.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:25 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
True that, not sure how we got back to the train in one piece.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:30 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
It rained all game, we gave them the (then unroofed) Holmesdale End which was where I used to stand.
I quite like and respect Sunderland fans.
Yes I remember it absolutely shat it down
Old 12-05-2019, 09:59 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Got in a punch up with about 5 of them that day. Unfortunatley for them my two mates were absolute nutters in a fight . They ****ed off and the cops grabbed us. In their defence a load of older Sunderland fans had a go at the bill saying they had got the wrong ones , that we had been jumped by the now dissapeared Sunderland twats.

quote of the day came from Earsham eagle. "Well I suppose they will cancel When the boat comes in " tonight
Old 08-10-2019, 06:37 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Another one bites the dust....

Old 08-10-2019, 06:54 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
It was on the cards and there had just been too many draws in his time there.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 09-10-2019, 08:13 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is no doubting that Sunderland are a massive club especially at this level, so expectations amongst their fans and their Board becomes unrealistic if they consider the reasons for the demise of the club in the past several seasons has been down to poor management decisions.
So will the sacking of Jack Ross a very good manager at this level change their fortunes around? probably not, and if the Board continue making decisions like this panic sackings then they will continue struggling as you cant keep sacking managers at the first sign of a slup in form especially when the manager is not backed but then expect them to perform miracles.
Yes many of their fans and most likey the Board aswell take it for granted they should be running away with this division by winning every game but reality is very different. It is going to be interesting seeing who they now appoint, but if they could tempt him (highly unlikely) then Chris Hughton would be the ideal choice, BUT they will need to be patient and give him support if they are to see the rebirth again of a once Great club.