Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 02-09-2014, 02:09 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
And the Double Ds have got the CB positions rightly nailed down.
Bet they don't!
Old 02-09-2014, 02:12 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Bet they don't!
I'd be surprised if Hangeland starts over Delaney, but I suppose Kelly could be tried there. I would keep the same back 4 as much as possible though as there has been a lot of chopping and changing:

Kelly - Dann - Delaney - Ward
Old 02-09-2014, 02:17 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I'd be surprised if Hangeland starts over Delaney, but I suppose Kelly could be tried there. I would keep the same back 4 as much as possible though as there has been a lot of chopping and changing:

Kelly - Dann - Delaney - Ward
I don't think Warnock just spent 3m on a left back and isn't going to play him.

Leaves Kelly and Ward fighting for RB, Kelly, Ward, Hangeland and Delaney fighting for CB.

Delaneys terrible concession rate would make him struggle to hold down a place for me. All very well putting in a block or making a tackle but if you give teh ball straight back you are on a hiding to nothing.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:23 PM

I understand the love for Delaney but:

Played 195 minutes, conceded 7 a goal every 28 minutes.

Hangeland, played 180 minutes, conceded 5, a goal every 36 minutes

Dann, played 165 minutes, conceded 4, a goal every 41 minutes.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:37 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Interesting and contrasting views above on whether Fryer will play as first choice. I don't know enough about him to call it what I have seen and so I have been digging around and would say this:

Someone that has managed to get themselves into the Spurs match squad these days has to be of a certain quality.

Someone that then manages to get onto the pitch for Spurs first team in 7 Premier, 2 League Cup and 7 Europa Cup matches - a number of them for 90 minutes has to have something about them.

Add to that his development at Man Utd and Ferguson's fury when he was 'encouraged to leave' and his demand for 6m fee, even allowing for his exageration, has to be a good sign. I think he played in League Cup for Man U.

I don't know if he will start the next few matches at LB but I would probably bet something that he will be first choice LB by Xmas at the latest.

He could be a Turkey - but a lot of good people have taken a look at him and concluded different. Be interested to know if Gazza or Woosie or someone who has a view on him from seeing him in his youth/development squad days.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:

Hangeland hasn't been fully fit yet for us. So we should give him some time before writing him off.
Old 02-09-2014, 02:45 PM

L'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'kooch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

and?
Old 02-09-2014, 02:56 PM

SeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I'm not sure that statistics tell us a lot after only 3 games. By that logic we should play Hangeland as our second striker with Chamakh out, anyway - which makes the CB debate a little simpler.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Banned by Moderators

Ali77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAli77 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Delaney did enough last season to merit a place. If anyone was to come in they had to really make an impression. Hangeland hasn't so Delaney deserves some faith in him. Wouldn't suprise me if we buy a centre back in jan though.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:17 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Let's not forget last season when Dann and Delaney formed a brilliant partnership. They have been a victim of the managerial changes and lots of rearranging of the defence. When it settles down I expect us to become harder to score against as we were last season.

Your other point about Fryers - I don't think spending 3m on him guarantees he will start. I think he will struggle to oust either Kelly and obviously not Ward. We'll see - good to have options.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:18 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
all,
just give some thought to changing the formation to 4-3-3 and the purchases and cover and development of our own makes sense.
Be fab switching to that after making11th without it. Genius. Reckon i've been whooshed.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:34 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Which of these should we have signed?

Luis Suarez, Daniel Sturridge, Yaya Toure, Sergio Aguero, Wayne Rooney, Olivier Giroud, Wilfried Bony, Edin Dzeko, or Romelu Lukaku?

Not one of them moved for less than 10m.
I accept all of that but I did say someone who could potentially score 15+ goals a season. Gayle may be our Andy Johnson given a decent run of games but I can't see a great return from our new signings.

Our hunting ground has to be the Championship and I accept that we are gambling that the likes of say Jordan Rhodes or Troy Deeney can step up a level. We took the gamble on Dwight and so far it looks as though the gamble might pay-off.

Unfortunately the McCormack deal to Fulham has skewed prices ridiculously so there are no 'bargains' out there at present. It is just disappointing that this was an area that we didn't address earlier in the window.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)