Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 20-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
If Cabaye had been on the pitch v Stoke, we would have 0 goals from a striker this season.
Not strictly true - we played two up front (Wickham and Bolasie) against Newcastle and Bolasie scored two.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 20-01-2016, 09:37 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
no thanks.
Old 20-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Not strictly true - we played two up front (Wickham and Bolasie) against Newcastle and Bolasie scored two.
OK.

But that's not still not a ringing endorsement of the situation, is it, in that, it doesn't make the picture any brighter for those who are our recognised forwards.
Old 20-01-2016, 09:39 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Dont know what to make of Gomis. Ive seen him look amazing and ive also seen him barely run for 90 minutes Seems very hot and cold. And judging by Swansea fans (who are usually pretty sensible) more often than not its cold.

Have to say was surprised by his age, thought he was younger. And his supposed wages

Wouldnt be against it but possibly not the progress or long term solution we've all been looking forward to.
Old 20-01-2016, 09:44 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
If Cabaye had been on the pitch v Stoke, we would have 0 goals from a striker this season.

Five goals from a forward at this point in the season, which is what Gomis has, would mean he's on track for ten this season.

Hardly ambitious, but a striker contributing ten goals would seem an attractive proposition to me given our current position.

In fact, didn't we all say a centre forward that scores ten and brings others into the game would be a realistic target?
Gomis scored in the first 4 games of the season, and has since been dropped by a struggling Swansea. Despite it being better than what we've currently got, 5 goals at this point of the season is still incredibly average and is nothing to get excited about.

He's only a year younger than Adebayor, which I'm surprised about. The only difference between signing Adebayor and signing Gomis, other than match fitness (which is debatable), would be if we sign Adebayor then we don't lose another striker at the same time (Gayle).

I'd rather we looked long term anyway.
Old 20-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post

Me too, ideally.
Old 20-01-2016, 09:50 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Gomis scored in the first 4 games of the season, and has since been dropped by a struggling Swansea. Despite it being better than what we've currently got, 5 goals at this point of the season is still incredibly average and is nothing to get excited about.

He's only a year younger than Adebayor, which I'm surprised about. The only difference between signing Adebayor and signing Gomis, other than match fitness (which is debatable), would be if we sign Adebayor then we don't lose another striker at the same time (Gayle).

In terms of differences, is it also fair to say that Adebayor has proven 'it' more than Gomis at this level?
Old 20-01-2016, 09:51 AM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictor Voses View Post
Plus that celebration just invites total ridicule on everyone associated with him.
yep
Old 20-01-2016, 10:40 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
He was cack when he played us at home. I can entirely see why they would want a swap with Gayle, especially considering his age and Gomis. I think the ship has sailed with Gomis now.
Old 20-01-2016, 10:42 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
In terms of differences, is it also fair to say that Adebayor has proven 'it' more than Gomis at this level?
That too. I'd much rather Adebayor than Gomis tbh. Adebayor is a quality player.
Old 20-01-2016, 10:48 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
That too. I'd much rather Adebayor than Gomis tbh. Adebayor is a quality player.
Me too. If Gomis is going to be about 70k per week for longer than 12 months, we are then limited on ffp and summer signings too. Not sure what Gayle is on but, as a third choice striker, he's alright. All depends on whether we get EA though.
Old 20-01-2016, 10:57 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
He was cack when he played us at home. I can entirely see why they would want a swap with Gayle, especially considering his age and Gomis. I think the ship has sailed with Gomis now.
My recollections of the Swansea game are different. I thought he worked hard in a team really struggling for confidence. He was strong, held up the ball well and won a few free kicks around the box.
Old 20-01-2016, 04:27 PM

jonnyego : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonnyego : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonnyego : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonnyego : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonnyego : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonnyego : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonnyego : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonnyego : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonnyego : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonnyego : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonnyego : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
My recollections of the Swansea game are different. I thought he worked hard in a team really struggling for confidence. He was strong, held up the ball well and won a few free kicks around the box.
Me too. Thought he looked like an absolute beast out there. Was getting nearly zero support from his midfield and did his job well.
Old 20-01-2016, 04:54 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
no thanks.
Why? He's blacker than Gestede.
Old 24-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Not in their squad for today's game... Off somewhere?
Old 24-01-2016, 01:14 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Back to France hopefully
Old 24-01-2016, 01:15 PM

sylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsylvan eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Newcastle

Sent from my iPhone using CPFC BBS
Old 24-01-2016, 01:16 PM
Banned by Moderators

Super eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuper eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
His first child is being born today