Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-01-2006, 10:30 PM

Bounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Il Padrino
In both the Everton and Norwich games he came on as an old fashioned target man and we were much more dangerous when going forward. If memory serves me right he came on when the game was lost, was the spearhead of most of our attacks and hit the post. Think we were 3-1 down against Norwich when he came on and we got a draw.

OK, he may have started two games in a row but he was/is young, in a new country and playing for a team that was out of its depth.

people have said on here that Macken should be given a decent (more than two) run of games before judging, why should the same not apply to Torghelle?
Grazie Il Padrino.

We were loosing 4-0 @ Everton and he hit the woodwork after 3 mins of being introduced. Sure the game changed a tad but not enough to make an impact AT THAT STAGE OF DEPRESSION.

Again 1-3 @ home to Naarwich before he came on....p!ssed off a few of their defenders and opened the game up. The rest...we know as you only have to see the Hughes goal to understand what happend.

As for the reserve games and Sanyi being "average". Jog on FFS. How can an International/foreign national get excited about being brought to Selhurst Park to play against fricking kids. The attached foto says it all.

Besides, what if he does have an "attitude problem"? Like Morrison doesn't eh lol. He doesn't seem to have an "attitude problem" when he plays under Lothar Mattheus.

There's so much more that ppl are are missing and I can't be ar$ed to go through it all over again. Fact is....he ain't here now, he may come back he may not. If he does then playing more than just 10 mins here and 20 mins will prove to you what Ian Dowie saw in him in the first place to bring him to us. My only hope is that he does come back if only to silence the doubters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 018_g.jpg (300.6 KB, 107 views)
Old 17-01-2006, 10:41 PM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
Quote:
Originally posted by Bounty_Killa

As for the reserve games and Sanyi being "average". Jog on FFS. How can an International/foreign national get excited about being brought to Selhurst Park to play against fricking kids. The attached foto says it all.

i cant remember many games he was even average in at home for the reserves.
the only decent part of torghelle's game was that he grafted so he surely would understand that he would have needed to work hard to get in the team and that would have included playing well in reserve games.
Old 17-01-2006, 10:47 PM

alaneagle is playing for a contract
torghelle is a poor mans drogba
Old 17-01-2006, 11:00 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:

As for the reserve games and Sanyi being "average". Jog on FFS. How can an International/foreign national get excited about being brought to Selhurst Park to play against fricking kids.

I've got some sympathy with what you're saying there. In fairness though, the comments about his "average" performances in the reserves were only made in response to Il Padrino suggesting he had looked "a great prospect" for the reserves.

Also, whilst I do appreciate why it can't be easy to motivate yourself in such company when you've been used to a bigger stage, in the end the only way to get back in the team is to work hard and impress. There have been players who have done this, and convinced Dowie they were due another chance.
Old 17-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
There's so much more that ppl are are missing and I can't be ar$ed to go through it all over again. Fact is....he ain't here now, he may come back he may not. If he does then playing more than just 10 mins here and 20 mins will prove to you what Ian Dowie saw in him in the first place to bring him to us. My only hope is that he does come back if only to silence the doubters.
wouldn't get near the Palace side at the moment.
Old 17-01-2006, 11:01 PM

cphagi is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Bounty_Killa How can an International/foreign national get excited about being brought to Selhurst Park to play against fricking kids. The attached foto says it all.
[/B]
Spot on. Quite degrading for a player of his calibre. I would have kept him instead of Macken, at least Sanyi is tall and he'd would be an extra attacking option for us.
Old 17-01-2006, 11:03 PM

cphagi is playing for a contract
Also, the kid in the picture appears to be Shane Supple, who is rated highly by Ipswich supporters.
Old 17-01-2006, 11:10 PM

cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982 cpfc_spc1982
Quote:
Originally posted by cphagi
Spot on. Quite degrading for a player of his calibre. I would have kept him instead of Macken, at least Sanyi is tall and he'd would be an extra attacking option for us.
tall but no good in the air. there might be some clip from hungary that proves me wrong - but at palace he was no good in the air.
Old 18-01-2006, 02:27 PM

Bounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Hart

..... in the end the only way to get back in the team is to work hard and impress. There have been players who have done this, and convinced Dowie they were due another chance.
Yep, I couldn't agree more with you Ian.

Some managers will always play their favourites, this is normal, and I do feel that Sanyi was somewhat down the pecking order when it came to first team action as a CP striker.

Sandor didn't do himself any favours when he played against Iceland for Hungary dispite Matthaus insisting to Dowie that he would not be played, seeing as he was injured, but was brought along with the team for moral. In essence though if the manager of your country asks if you can play in a world cup qualifier what's the answer going to be :-\ This clearly prolonged Sanyi's injury and (IMO) p!ssed off I.D.

I didn't see the real Torghelle for a while after that incident until later on in the season when he bagged a hat-trick at home against Portsmouth reserves. Of course 3-4 days later he was left in the stands with Joonas for the weekends Premiership game and I don't think we then saw him until Naarwich.
Old 18-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
He was good against spurs at WHL. I thought he'd turned the corner. How is he doing in Greece?
Old 18-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Sergeant Magi

Phil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverPhil O'Sophical is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
Quote:
Originally posted by Oisin
He was good against spurs at WHL. I thought he'd turned the corner. How is he doing in Greece?
Has hardly played since throwing his shirt on the ground when he was subbed a couple of months ago. Hasn't scored this season either.
Old 18-01-2006, 07:57 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Quote:
Grazie Il Padrino.

We were loosing 4-0 @ Everton and he hit the woodwork after 3 mins of being introduced. Sure the game changed a tad but not enough to make an impact AT THAT STAGE OF DEPRESSION.

Again 1-3 @ home to Naarwich before he came on....p!ssed off a few of their defenders and opened the game up. The rest...we know as you only have to see the Hughes goal to understand what happend.

Besides, what if he does have an "attitude problem"? Like Morrison doesn't eh lol. He doesn't seem to have an "attitude problem" when he plays under Lothar Mattheus.

Maybe if he could keep his temper he would have had been given more chances.
Old 18-01-2006, 10:03 PM

Sewn Shut Eyes is playing for a contract
Quote:

Sandor didn't do himself any favours when he played against Iceland for Hungary dispite Matthaus insisting to Dowie that he would not be played, seeing as he was injured, but was brought along with the team for moral. In essence though if the manager of your country asks if you can play in a world cup qualifier what's the answer going to be :-\ This clearly prolonged Sanyi's injury and (IMO) p!ssed off I.D.

[/B]
It wasn't a qualifier it was just a friendly though...

Arguments on the internet are like the special olympics, even if you win you're still a ******.
Old 18-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
The facts state that in 2 seasons he hasn't scored a league goal. His opportunities were limited at Palace, but, any more than Wayne Andrews?
Old 19-01-2006, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil O'Sophical
Has hardly played since throwing his shirt on the ground when he was subbed a couple of months ago. Hasn't scored this season either.
Untrue!

He has never thrown a shirt on the ground for ANY team that he has played for.
Old 19-01-2006, 08:43 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
but he has scored?
Old 19-01-2006, 11:31 AM

Freddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFreddy Kurz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Grazie Il Padrino.

But do Palace really need players who have any sort of attude problem?
Since Torghelle was signed by Palace, and received his (not inconsider-
able) wages from the Club, wasn't Dowie entitled to expect him to do
his best whether on the training field, in the reserves or in the first-
team? After all no player has a divine right to be picked for the
1st team, and if anyone refuses to pull his weight in the reserves,
where he has a duty of responsibility to his team-mates, especially
the young ones who may need his leadership, what right has he to
expect to wear our colours in the Premier League?

I watched several reserve games last season, and one of the things that impressed me was the way an "old sweat" like Shipperley,
despite frequent injury and fitness problems always put himself
about and worked hard for his team, however inexperienced it
was. This may well have been a factor in persuading Warnock
to offer him a contract last summer.

If Torghelle can only be bothered to be inspired when playing for Lothar
Mattheus, he may well find a suitable club very hard to find, but
it is to be hoped he will soon take his lofty ambitions elsewhere,
where they may be better appreciated....
Old 19-01-2006, 12:21 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Freddy Kurz
But do Palace really need players who have any sort of attude problem?
Since Torghelle was signed by Palace, and received his (not inconsider-
able) wages from the Club, wasn't Dowie entitled to expect him to do
his best whether on the training field, in the reserves or in the first-
team? After all no player has a divine right to be picked for the
1st team, and if anyone refuses to pull his weight in the reserves,
where he has a duty of responsibility to his team-mates, especially
the young ones who may need his leadership, what right has he to
expect to wear our colours in the Premier League?

I watched several reserve games last season, and one of the things that impressed me was the way an "old sweat" like Shipperley,
despite frequent injury and fitness problems always put himself
about and worked hard for his team, however inexperienced it
was. This may well have been a factor in persuading Warnock
to offer him a contract last summer.

If Torghelle can only be bothered to be inspired when playing for Lothar
Mattheus, he may well find a suitable club very hard to find, but
it is to be hoped he will soon take his lofty ambitions elsewhere,
where they may be better appreciated....
One gets the impression that, for Central/East European players, Country rates far above Club.