Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by 3rd_Lion
Id rather Owusu-Abeyie to be honest! But If bentley can cross with his left foot then I wouldnt mind him to come in and do a job on a season loan!
Bentley, Owusu-Abeyie ..... what happened to Ryan Smith ?
Old 17-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Halfwayline
Norwich had 4 Premiership quality players last season, Green, Ashton, Huckerby and Bently.
Wrong. Delete Diversby and add Francis.
Old 17-07-2005, 04:19 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Pokerface
Don't you think it would be better to give Borrowdale the chance to prove himself first? Especially with Palace's good history of bringing youngsters through.

I personally think we just need another left winger and we're set.
Could be a good time and of course, the Dowies would know, hence their lack of noise for any left-back recently, perhaps?

Couldn't Bentley play on the left?
Old 17-07-2005, 04:32 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I think it would be a great signing and just what we need
Old 17-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Till Lindeman

Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.
Quote:
Originally posted by RickyB
Could be a good time and of course, the Dowies would know, hence their lack of noise for any left-back recently, perhaps?

He did for Norwich i believe?
Sonisphere 31/07/10

http://www.rammstein.com

Xbox 360 gamertag: Mabbages
Old 17-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Popping in

Pokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Must admit, I have no idea who should be brought in.

Bentley on the left would be interesting; but only as cover for Kolkka, which I suppose that would defeat the purpose of a loan signing.

I'll leave it to the Dowie(s) and praise/criticise as necessary.
Old 17-07-2005, 05:29 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Mong!
He did for Norwich i believe?
There we go then.

Why haven't we signed him yet?!

SIGN HIM UP!! NOW!!
Old 17-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Why haven't we signed him yet?!
Because he's a tit.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 17-07-2005, 05:50 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
So Borrowdale *is* adequate cover? Maybe he is, I've not seen enough of him over the last 12-18 months to really get a feel for how he's moved on. Will definately try to get to more reserves games this year.
Borrowdale is more than adequate and woefully unlucky not to be hlding down the left back spot already. He can also do a job left midfield if necessary.
Old 17-07-2005, 05:52 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by oz_da II
Because he's a tit.

Ok, maybe he's a bit of a tit. Still think we should give him a go tho.
Old 17-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got talent reckon playing him as a winger last year was stupid by Norwich natural AMC or deeper Striker IMO.
Old 17-07-2005, 06:00 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He's not a left winger. He is a creative attacking central midfielder/ forward. Just because Norwich played him there doesn't make him a left winger.
Old 17-07-2005, 06:10 PM

Jay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsJay_Palace is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
I'd definitely take him. He has that bit of magic about him and is the kind of player who can create something out of nothing and as such is the kind of player that we desperately crave. Our midfield is woefully short of creativity and Bentley would certainly provide this.

For a season he'd be a better option than the over the hill Steve Lomas.
Old 17-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Popping in

Pokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePokerface : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
He's not a left winger. He is a creative attacking central midfielder/ forward. Just because Norwich played him there doesn't make him a left winger.
Conversely, if he did a good job on the left for Norwich, who's to say he couldn't develop as a left winger. If Wenger said his best chance of a future at Arsenal was on the left, he'd take it.

Left footed left wingers are quite rare it seems. Maybe he should get in where he fits in and develop his left foot.
Old 17-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Inventor of Jack Shit

Ian Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is hereIan Hart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the very odd occasion he came on for Arsenal in the season before that, didn't they use him wide on the left? I'm sure I even recall him scoring from a long range effort from that position?
Old 17-07-2005, 06:30 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Hart
Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the very odd occasion he came on for Arsenal in the season before that, didn't they use him wide on the left? I'm sure I even recall him scoring from a long range effort from that position?
And at times Bergkamp players right midfield to accomodate Reyes and Henry as the strikers.

doesnt matter where a manager plays a player, the player feeling his natural position is a different matter.
Old 17-07-2005, 06:33 PM
RickyB
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Palace
I'd definitely take him. He has that bit of magic about him and is the kind of player who can create something out of nothing and as such is the kind of player that we desperately crave. Our midfield is woefully short of creativity and Bentley would certainly provide this.

Yup on the first one. Still undecided on the second.
Old 17-07-2005, 06:34 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Heard the hype but only seen him in glimpses. I remain unconvinced, but Wenger doesn't want to sell him which indicates that he sees him as a greater talent than either Gray or Black, in which case he can't be that bad.

Addittionaly McAnuff can also play on the left can he not leaving space on the right.....
Old 17-07-2005, 06:36 PM
glad all over

follow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningfollow cpfc would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally posted by Celestial Empire
Bentley, Owusu-Abeyie ..... what happened to Ryan Smith ?

Owusu-Abeyie would be class. I have always been a fan of his play. I watched him play against Sheffield United in Arsenals FA cup tie. He would be a great addition to the squad.

AJ+CLINTON= GOALS

SING UP PALACE

EAGLES
Old 17-07-2005, 06:51 PM

The Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Vicar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay_Palace

Spot on, mate.