Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2008, 10:37 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by 917L
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Signed a 2 year deal in December

(On the pitch at Half time)
Silly me - I was thinking of the one he signed when he was 16.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 20-01-2008, 10:44 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
£10m at least for Moses. Anything less would be complete robbery. So feck off Villa
Old 20-01-2008, 10:48 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by davematt
£10m at least for Moses. Anything less would be complete robbery. So feck off Villa
And can I just add, yes, I AM being serious.

I would be absolutley devestated if we sold Victor but if we did decide to cash in (I pray we dont) I want an absolute fortune. This kid is possibly one of the most exciting and naturally gifted footballers in England and selling him for 'cheap' would be an utter disgrace.
Old 20-01-2008, 10:50 AM

eagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I would be absolutley devestated if we sold Victor but if we did decide to cash in (I pray we dont) I want an absolute fortune. This kid is possibly one of the most exciting and naturally gifted footballers in England and selling him for 'cheap' would be an utter disgrace.
I personally would like more than 10m.
Old 20-01-2008, 10:50 AM
Banned by Moderators

CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87 CPFC87
Quote:

Two appearances and he is now worth £10M?

Old 20-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally posted by eagleforlife
I personally would like more than 10m.
Rooney played two seasons in the Premier League and the biggest club in the world payed £10M upfront for him.

Moses makes two sub appearances playing championship teams and now he is worth the same as Rooney.
Old 20-01-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CPFC87
Two appearances and he is now worth £10M?

In this situation, you have to consider the potential of the boy. We have every right to demand a massive fee with the ability this boy has got. He will be a full time England International before he is 21 IMHO. Getting 'a few million for him' would be a complete joke.

I also think he is very close to breaking into the first time. Its only a matter of time until he gets a start ahead of Scannell, and once he does, the boy will show exactly why people like myself think he is worth this much.
Old 20-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Banned by Moderators

Please explan how Moses is now worth the same as Rooney.

I am intrested to here how you have came to this conclusion.
Old 20-01-2008, 11:02 AM
For ancient football

Granada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGranada allover came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Be suspicious of any story that appears without any quotes attributed - as is the case with the one in the People.
Old 20-01-2008, 11:02 AM

eagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleforlife came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Man. U payed 20m upfront for Rooney with 7m in add ons, anyway who's to say he's not going to be as good as Rooney?
Old 20-01-2008, 11:03 AM

BW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBW_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's a completely different transfer market.

Also, he's probably not worth 10m but at the same time it wouldn't be worth selling him for much less considering his potential. No club is going to be giving us 8m+ upfront for an unproven player anyway.
Old 20-01-2008, 11:07 AM

dustyb sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkdustyb sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkdustyb sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkdustyb sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkdustyb sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkdustyb sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkdustyb sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkdustyb sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkdustyb sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkdustyb sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkdustyb sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:

HAving seen Victor play for the youth team a few times, I can easily see how he could be worth 10M in the not too distant future. In my opinion, he is the pick of the bunch of all of our kids (including Bostock).
Old 20-01-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Rooney's eventual fee will rise to over £30m, so comparing the two is ridiculous or you have just got your numbers muddled up. I never said 'We should demand £30m for Victor'. Everyone knows that we wouldnt get '£10m' up front, but what I am saying is that I think we are in every right to demand a fee that would eventually see us recieve over that amount.

And I am always using this as a prime example; if Darren Bent, a truely average middle aged English striker, is worth £18m, then we can be as creative and ambitious with demands over our young stars. Victor has the ability to be five times the player of Darren Bent when he reaches his mid 20's.

The downside is that players like Walcott havent really delivered after all the hype (Although I still think he will probably turn out to be one of the best players in the country once Wenger works his full magic on him). Whatever the case, Victor is a young talented English striker (Being a centre forward adds a few more million on every player as players that can score goals are always more valuable in todays market) so we are in our right as fans to expect Palace to, if sell, demand a bloody fortune.
Old 20-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:

Man Utd's accounts for that year have Rooney costing £23m
Old 20-01-2008, 11:10 AM
Red'n'Blue Army

jstuart1234 is finding a place in our heartjstuart1234 is finding a place in our heartjstuart1234 is finding a place in our heartjstuart1234 is finding a place in our heart
Plus look at the player he was on a par to at the U17 International cups in the summer, Bojan, and look what he's doing now, rugularly playing for Barca. So £10m is far from unrealistic.
Old 20-01-2008, 11:17 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Andover Eagle
I asked him if he was and he told me he would be signing this week
He's hardly going to tell you that he wasn't going to sign.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 20-01-2008, 11:28 AM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Rooney played two seasons in the Premier League and the biggest club in the world payed £10M upfront for him.

Moses makes two sub appearances playing championship teams and now he is worth the same as Rooney.
If we're comparing Rooney and Moses, who had similar amounts of hype around them at similar ages, before Rooney had appeared in the first team and whilst he was still in the youth team, Real Madrid enquired about signing him. Everton told them to politely bugger off and slapped a 20 million price tag on him.

I would be devestated if we're the mugs to produce one of the best players in the world and only get a million for him. If we go up and the players continue developing the way they are we could finally beat the tag of being a soding yo yo club.
Old 20-01-2008, 11:49 AM

Young Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
"And they are hoping to persuade Palace chairman Simon Jordan to play ball with a decent fee up front with extras".

I bet they f*ckin are! pray tell Villa in what way would such a deal benefit us? If we were to even consider letting him go there would have to be a win win situation.

"Hotline can reveal Bostock, 16, has been to Villa for talks, as he is allowed to before he signs pro forms, but he and his Palace-supporting dad seem keen to stay put."

has he really been to Villa for talks? If he has Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and Barcelona chasing him why would you waste 6 hours of your day going to the arse end of the west midlands to speak t Villa?

Utter nonsense
Old 20-01-2008, 12:14 PM

edc36 is playing for a contract
By way of some vague comparison of other young players in recent seasons:

Victor Moses (Age 17) 2 appearances (15 England Youth Caps/9 goals)
John Bostock (Age 16) 4 appearances (14 England Youth Caps)

FROM CHAMPIONSHIP
Gareth Bale (D)
2007 (age 17) after 40 appearances for Southampton, moved to Southampton to Tottenham - £10m (initial £5m)

Ashley Young (M/F)
2007 (age 21) after 98 appearances for Watford, moved to Aston Villa - £9.75m (8m)

Theo Walcott (F)
2006 (age 17) after 21 appearances for Southampton, moved to Arsenal - £12m (£5m)

FROM PREMIERSHIP
Wayne Rooney (F)
2004 (age 19) after 67 appearances for Everton, moved to Manchester United - £27m (initial £23m)

EUROPE
Sergio Aguero (F)
2006 (age 17) after 53 appearances for Independiente, moved to Atletico Madrid - £15.7m

Sergio Ramos (D)
2005 (age 19) after 65 appearances for Sevilla, moved to Real Madrid - £18.75m [Third most expensive teenager behind Rooney]

Cristiano Ronaldo (M/F)
2003 (age 18) after 25 appearances for Sporting Lisbon, moved to Manchester United - £12.3m.

Bojan Krkić (F)
Age 17, 14 appearances for Barcelona, 23 Spanish Youth Caps/18 goals.

Lionel Messi (F)
19-year-old Argentina forward joined Barcelona aged just 13 and has made a name for himself in the last two years (64 appearances, 29 goals). Has a £100million buy-out clause in his nine-year contract.

With the exception of Young, all were Full Internationals or were in their National squads at the time of transfer - several of which could be considered to have been established internationals at that time too. By the end of the season Theo Walcott is perhaps the most comparable in terms of experience and perceived potential at the time, but again Walcott had been selected for the England World Cup Squad. Although in terms of his England youth appearances Moses has been as successful, if not more prolific, than Walcott had been.

In a long-winded way, what I'm trying to say is £10m for Moses is not unrealistic in a year or two when it is possible we might have intense interest for him - though to sell any time soon would show a chronic lack of ambition IMO. As for Bostock too early in his development to tell. Don't get me wrong, I'd love both to stay until they're 35 but the reality of Palace's current status in the modern game is that if they do fulfill their promise they'll move on in time unless we become established in the top flight. Even then they still might.

But for now, let's just be patient with them and enjoy watching them develop in the most exciting Palace side for a lot of years
Old 20-01-2008, 01:24 PM

alaneagle is playing for a contract
i think wel be able to hold onto moses and bostock by playing them for a couple of seasons but i think to have any chance of keeping them longer than that we need promotion
Closed Thread