Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 20-01-2008, 01:28 PM

alaneagle is playing for a contract
im also disgusted that these prem clubs need to tap up all these championship/league one players when they're 16/17 considering the amount of money they have to spend on their academies
Old 20-01-2008, 01:41 PM

Mike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMike Elwiss : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Does anyone think that NW is not currently picking Botsock to a/ Not allowing other clubs to watch him & b/ Encourage John to sign so he can be rewarded by getting back into the squad ?
Old 20-01-2008, 01:53 PM

Ready Teddy is playing for a contract
I hear all this crap about Bostock being a C.P fan etc etc, well if he his he will sign.

If not, he might as well off, and not try and hold the club for ransom.
Old 20-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Re. the value of Moses/Bostock: I agree with those above putting a higher price on them based not on appearances to date but on potential. To put it another way, or two, it's what in business they call replacement cost, or similar. Or I suppose betting on financial futures is another analogy. Albeit difficult to look ahead several years in any market.
Old 20-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I think we should just keep them both, because if they turn out to be 1/2 as good as the hype, they will probably still be good enough to get us to the prem and stay there; worth 30m a year.
Old 20-01-2008, 02:16 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ready Teddy
I hear all this crap about Bostock being a C.P fan etc etc, well if he his he will sign.

Steady teddy
Old 20-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ready Teddy

Good Grief
Old 20-01-2008, 04:54 PM

Oh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I am not worried about Moses I know he will stay for a while yet after signing his contract and as for Bostock I am 90% certain he will sign we will just have to wait and see when? I am hoping it will be some time this week.
Old 19-02-2008, 12:14 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If anyones listens to the Times Online Game podcast theres a very small snippet about JB in their quick hits sections.

Basically Gabriele Marcotti states he has never seen him play and asks what he is like, Guillem Balague mentions he is being chased by Arse, Chels and Barca, he says he is a 3/10 for everything execept passing for which he is 10/10. He also says that perhaps JB isnt as wonderful as we all think and has very good PR, intimating he knows who that is.
Old 19-02-2008, 12:22 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Wonder how often a La Ligue expert has been down to the Palace U18 matches or England U16 games to form this opinion?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 19-02-2008, 12:33 PM
ACII

Oddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOddjob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thats what I thought - I assume the PR he was referring to was SJ
Old 20-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Positive vibes from Warnock - from South London Press:

Warnock hopeful on Bostock
By Graham Moody
Comment
Crystal Palace manager Neil Warnock is hopeful teenage sensation John Bostock will finally sign a contract with the club in the next few weeks.

Bostock was expected to put pen to paper when he turned 16 on January 15, but talks stalled after the youngster declared his interest in getting an agent before agreeing any deal.

He has now signed for Colin Gordon's Key Sports Management agency though, the same agency that represented Theo Walcott and organised his 12million move from Southampton to Arsenal two years ago.

That news has prompted some fans to worry that Bostock might be heading in the same direction, but Warnock was hopeful they could push through a deal.

He said: "We are hoping to get his mind made up now. He has his agent and hopefully that will speed things along a little bit.

"There is nothing we can do now. We cannot do any more than what we have been doing."

Bostock became the Eagles youngest ever player when he came on as a substitute against Watford in October aged just 15 years and 287 days and is highly thought of at Selhurst Park.

He recently returned from the Algarve after helping the England U-17s win a four-team tournament against France, Denmark and Portugal, playing a part in every game.

Warnock has also revealed that he hopes to get contract talks with players back under way in the next few weeks.

The manager announced he was putting all talks on ice after last Tuesday's dismal home defeat to Ipswich, leaving Mark Hudson, Clinton Morrison and Julian Speroni all sweating about their futures as their contracts run out in the summer.

He said: "There is nothing new on the contracts at the moment. I will have a chat with them in the next couple of weeks but we've just had a lot of games recently so we haven't really had time."

While negotiations had started with both Hudson and Speroni, it is thought they had not with the club's top scorer Morrison, although Warnock has previously spoken publicly about his admiration for him.

Old 20-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Blue Eagle
Wonder how often a La Ligue expert has been down to the Palace U18 matches or England U16 games to form this opinion?
Sounds like he's been checking him out on Football Manager or something! Did he give any hint of what the hell he knows about the lad Oddjob?
Old 20-02-2008, 01:55 PM
Watching from Warmington

A related story - Chelski after another 15 year old - echoes of JB - From th BBC

Reggina issue Chelsea complaint

Michel Platini believes players should stay at their clubs til 21
Italian club Reggina have reported Chelsea to the Italian Football Federation and Uefa over an alleged approach to one of their players.
They say 15-year-old Vincenzo Camilleri refused to play in a game for them and will have talks with Chelsea instead.

"He preferred to travel to London with his mother and a type of agent to reach a financial agreement with Chelsea," said Reggina president Lillo Foti.

"We see this is an action of disloyalty and incorrectness."

Reggina are unhappy the player was allegedly 'tapped up' while he was still their player and aged only 15.

Camilleri had been expected to sign terms with Reggina when he turns 16 in March but now wants to join Chelsea.

"The player was contacted a couple of months ago when he was still our player," added Foti.

"We have made complaints to the Italian Football Federation and to Uefa."

Uefa president Michel Platini expressed his regret over the situation.

Platini said to Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper: "Young players should remain in the club they come from with their families, postponing their move to another club or another country until they are 20 or 22.

"Whoever makes that leap at the age of 14 can risk returning destroyed at 16, just because they didn't succeed."

Fifa regulations allow the transfer of 16 to 18-year-olds as long as it is between member states of the European Union.

Old 20-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I think the fact is that Palace will lose Bostock either now or in a few years, the sad thing is that there is nothing Palace can do, it's all in the Bostocks hands.
There is something about playing for your local team. If my Dad had been a professional footballer and played for my team, it would have meant a lot more to me that he had once played for my team than playing for someone else.
Old 20-02-2008, 02:40 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by AJ
the sad thing is that there is nothing Palace can do,
1. We can offer him first team football quicker than anywhere else.

2. We can offer him footballing education away from the media hype-ground that is the premier league.

3. We can offer him fans who will love him to bits because he is homegrown.

4. We can offer instant adulation if that is what he craves, just sign the contract.

5. We can offer career longevity with a better prospect of a continuing upward curve. No dip, like currently being witnessed in Walcott, Routeledge and many, many others.

Sounds alright to me!
Old 20-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Big Blue Eagle
A related story - Chelski after another 15 year old - echoes of JB - From th BBC

Reggina issue Chelsea complaint

Michel Platini believes players should stay at their clubs til 21
Italian club Reggina have reported Chelsea to the Italian Football Federation and Uefa over an alleged approach to one of their players.
They say 15-year-old Vincenzo Camilleri refused to play in a game for them and will have talks with Chelsea instead.

"He preferred to travel to London with his mother and a type of agent to reach a financial agreement with Chelsea," said Reggina president Lillo Foti.

"We see this is an action of disloyalty and incorrectness."

Reggina are unhappy the player was allegedly 'tapped up' while he was still their player and aged only 15.

Camilleri had been expected to sign terms with Reggina when he turns 16 in March but now wants to join Chelsea.

"The player was contacted a couple of months ago when he was still our player," added Foti.

"We have made complaints to the Italian Football Federation and to Uefa."

Uefa president Michel Platini expressed his regret over the situation.

Platini said to Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper: "Young players should remain in the club they come from with their families, postponing their move to another club or another country until they are 20 or 22.

"Whoever makes that leap at the age of 14 can risk returning destroyed at 16, just because they didn't succeed."

Fifa regulations allow the transfer of 16 to 18-year-olds as long as it is between member states of the European Union.
This is where poor old Reggina learn that they will get nothing but platitudes from the "authorities" who have long since sold out to the money men. Hopefully, Reggina can arrange a mafia contact to offer Arnesen a deal he can't refuse, and send him back to his pig farm.
Old 20-02-2008, 03:42 PM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by gadford4th

2. We can offer him footballing education away from the media hype-ground that is the premier league.

4. We can offer instant adulation if that is what he craves, just sign the contract.

5. We can offer career longevity with a better prospect of a continuing upward curve. No dip, like currently being witnessed in Walcott, Routeledge and many, many others.

Sounds alright to me!
But looking at this objectively, can we offer the best coaches, facilities, players to learn from, etc, answer has to be no doesn't it
Old 20-02-2008, 04:11 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by gadford4th

Sounds alright to me!
If that was all it took no player from an smaller teams Academy would ever leave their "home club". John Bostock has a career to build, that is all that matters to him. It is simply a matter of whether or not he agrees with your point 5 - none of the others matter - or not, and he can point to others such as Rooney who have blossomed after a move to a bigger club. All down to opinions. Mine would be he's better to stay for a few years yet, but it's not up to me.
Old 20-02-2008, 05:14 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Harry Holmesdale
But looking at this objectively, can we offer the best coaches, facilities, players to learn from, etc, answer has to be no doesn't it

You don't need any of that if you're learning by playing every week.
Closed Thread