Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978
Sounds like a Scotish striker we had, who during the beginning and ending of his career displayed the same qualities Difference being Moses has alot more potential
But less end product...

Don't touch the Doug
Old 13-07-2009, 02:09 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From SLP:

CRYSTAL Palace’s desire to hold on to Victor Moses could be tested over the coming weeks - with new Wigan boss Roberto Martinez believed to be considering a move for the exciting youngster.
The Latics are flush with cash after the £16million sale of Antonio Valencia to Manchester United and have been linked with a £2.5million bid for the 18-year-old striker.
Martinez was an admirer of Moses when he was in charge at Swansea City - the England U19 international scored against the Spaniard’s old team in a 3-1 win at the Liberty Stadium in March.
Palace boss Neil Warnock says Wigan have not made an approach for the Nigerian-born attacker - but admitted it wouldn’t be a shock if they did.
“I’ve not heard anything at all but it wouldn’t surprise me,” said the Eagles chief. “Victor was super at Swansea. “I had a good chat with Roberto after that match and told him that Victor would go on to play for one of the top-four clubs.”
Moses has a deal committing him to Palace until 2012 - and it would probably take a big offer to tempt the South Londoners into allowing one of their prize assets to leave.
Tony Finnigan, who advises the young forward, says there are clubs monitoring his situation.
He said: “I had dialogue last year with Swansea’s chief scout and there are numerous other clubs in the Championship who would welcome Victor Moses as part of their squad.
“But the proof is in the pudding - talk is cheap. It’s about making a physical offer and Crystal Palace deciding when they deem fit to accept any bid. Only the manager can decide that.”
Old 13-07-2009, 02:10 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
If we sell him to a Championship club, I will not be impressed.
Old 13-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Padrino
From SLP:

The Latics are flush with cash after the £16million sale of Antonio Valencia to Manchester United
I think that amount would be acceptable
Old 13-07-2009, 02:26 PM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
I think that amount would be acceptable
Throw in Cattermole and Watson and we've got a deal!
Old 13-07-2009, 02:29 PM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I would rather sacrafice Clyne than Moses.

At least in Danny Butterfield and Johnny Ertl we have some solid back up in this position. Yes, no where near as classy as Clyne, but they can certainly do a job.

Selling one of our most creative players and for me, our most important attacking players this season would be barking mad.

This is the season Victor will erupt onto the stage; he will have a full pre season behind him without going off with the U19 England set up, and he will have learnt alot from last years long campaign.

A fully fit Victor in form will be a MASSIVE boost for any team; hopefully wearing a Palace shirt this season though.
Old 13-07-2009, 02:30 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
From SLP:

CRYSTAL Palace’s desire to hold on to Victor Moses could be tested over the coming weeks - with new Wigan boss Roberto Martinez believed to be considering a move for the exciting youngster.
The Latics are flush with cash after the £16million sale of Antonio Valencia to Manchester United and have been linked with a £2.5million bid for the 18-year-old striker.
Martinez was an admirer of Moses when he was in charge at Swansea City - the England U19 international scored against the Spaniard’s old team in a 3-1 win at the Liberty Stadium in March.
Palace boss Neil Warnock says Wigan have not made an approach for the Nigerian-born attacker - but admitted it wouldn’t be a shock if they did.
“I’ve not heard anything at all but it wouldn’t surprise me,” said the Eagles chief. “Victor was super at Swansea. “I had a good chat with Roberto after that match and told him that Victor would go on to play for one of the top-four clubs.”
Moses has a deal committing him to Palace until 2012 - and it would probably take a big offer to tempt the South Londoners into allowing one of their prize assets to leave.
Tony Finnigan, who advises the young forward, says there are clubs monitoring his situation.
He said: “I had dialogue last year with Swansea’s chief scout and there are numerous other clubs in the Championship who would welcome Victor Moses as part of their squad.
“But the proof is in the pudding - talk is cheap. It’s about making a physical offer and Crystal Palace deciding when they deem fit to accept any bid. Only the manager can decide that.”
Strange: The story starts with him going to Wigan and finishes saying Championship clubs are interested

Steve Jobs
Old 13-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
at the moment i agree because we have Abnett coming through who is supposdly just as good as Clyne
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 13-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Israeli International

David Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDavid Amsalem : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I really cannot see Moses joining another Championship side. A move to even a team like Newcastle or Boro, would be a sideways one.

Forgetting his disappointing season last year, his form for England has been fantastic by all accounts, and at the back end of the season before, he looked like he was going to fulfil the bags of potential that he boasts.

I'm looking forward to seeing Moses this season with a full, first team pre-season behind him.

I'm confident Moses will have a highly succesful career, and that doesn't include leaving us for another Championship side. I'm not convinced another team could afford him anyway.
Old 13-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Amsalem
. I'm not convinced another team could afford him anyway.
If we can, and are effectively potless, I'm sure there are plenty of clubs in the championship that could afford him comfortably.
Old 13-07-2009, 02:36 PM
bud-wei-ser

eagle1980 will miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up wormseagle1980 will miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up wormseagle1980 will miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up wormseagle1980 will miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up wormseagle1980 will miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up wormseagle1980 will miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up wormseagle1980 will miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up wormseagle1980 will miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up wormseagle1980 will miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up wormseagle1980 will miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up wormseagle1980 will miss the playgrounds and the animals and digging up worms
Quote:
Originally Posted by montstar
Strange: The story starts with him going to Wigan and finishes saying Championship clubs are interested
all mind games. warnock said he wasn intrested in webber. then after the friendly against borewood he said on sky he after webber.......i only believe things when it happens now...
Old 13-07-2009, 03:02 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I do hope we don't sell. But a big offer would probably be impossible to refuse
Old 13-07-2009, 03:03 PM
CPFC season ticket holder

David hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceDavid hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
Sadly, Moses is playing for the wrong type of manager. I don't think Warnock will ever get the best out of Victor because I don't think Warnock likes all the fancy touches and skills he can do. He needs a manager who will give him the freedom to express himself on the pitch.

Moses could be a revelation in the Premiership as he'll get more time on the ball and won't be hacked down by some third rate full back. He'll get more protection from referees. It's sad but inevitable that Victor's potential cannot be realised at Palace.

Personally, I think £2.5m is a little low but as others have pointed out he isn't setting the division alight playing under Warnock's tactics so clubs won't be coming in with huge bids.
Old 13-07-2009, 03:04 PM
I am The HULK

Bellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBellyman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don't think we should I reckon he will have a good season! and if he doesn't after this season then maybe we should think about cashing in

BBS Honours
Betting Masters World Cup 2010 - Runner up
Old 13-07-2009, 03:06 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L
If we can, and are effectively potless, I'm sure there are plenty of clubs in the championship that could afford him comfortably.
I think that was about the fee. £2.5m with a contract to 2012 is ridiculous.
Old 13-07-2009, 03:23 PM

GDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGDP : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie
I would agree but without knowing what our actual financial situation is its very difficult to say.

I hope we can hold on to him.
Old 13-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie
SPot on £5m min.
Old 13-07-2009, 03:26 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69
SPot on £5m min.
Dont hold your breath
Old 13-07-2009, 03:29 PM

The Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
From SLP:

Sounds to me like Finnegan and the SLP are trying to drum up business. Warnock is on record that he won't sell Moses to a side out of the top four in the Prem. As for Wigan or another Championship side ? I don't really think so and definately not for a paltry £2.5m with Moses contracted to us till 2012 !

I don't subscribe to the theory that Moses is being held back by Warnock's tactics though. I don't think that any manager would have done better with Victor last season and many would have done much worse. Yes he should now be given a role as a forward and not on the left wing. Somehow I think Warnock just might know that
Old 13-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Poker King

Jukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is hereJukesy Sam the man is here
Quote:
From SLP:

These people - even if they are ex-Palace - are a fcuking cancer.