Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 16-05-2010, 03:44 PM
Je Suis Un Funky Homme

peagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle101
You do know that Clinton was often seen at youth and reserve games
To be fair I didn't know that and I'm well aware that what I know/have seen almost certainly just scratches the surface of Clinton's time at Palace. I was merely judging by what I have personally seen on the pitch and in interviews.
Old 16-05-2010, 03:46 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by peagle
To be fair I didn't know that and I'm well aware that what I know/have seen almost certainly just scratches the surface of Clinton's time at Palace. I was merely judging by what I have personally seen on the pitch and in interviews.
Fair enough - I have to say, he's not always very... 'tactful' in interviews
Old 16-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Rebel
Clint and Scannell upfront next season...
Other teams will be terrified
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 16-05-2010, 03:51 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle
Other teams will be terrified
Will be enough to keep us in this division imho, and realistically that is the aim for next season
Old 16-05-2010, 04:09 PM

The Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Will be enough to keep us in this division imho, and realistically that is the aim for next season
Blackpool were relegatioin favourites at the start of the season. QPR were up with the relegated prem sides as favourites to go up. Be careful for what you wish for next season. If we have a manager who can maximise all we can get from the squad we could compete as Blackpool have. If we start the season with half an eye on the drop then we will struggle.
Old 16-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Part of a very select club to have scored over 100 goals for the club
I think he could work well with Lee up front, he made noises about wanting to break the club scoring record. On sensible wages, I'd welcome him back with open arms.
Old 16-05-2010, 05:45 PM

Superturk84 wants to be adoredSuperturk84 wants to be adoredSuperturk84 wants to be adoredSuperturk84 wants to be adoredSuperturk84 wants to be adoredSuperturk84 wants to be adoredSuperturk84 wants to be adoredSuperturk84 wants to be adoredSuperturk84 wants to be adoredSuperturk84 wants to be adoredSuperturk84 wants to be adored
has it actually been confirmed that he is back with us ?
Old 16-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturk84
Probably about 150 times since he left us, at various times.
Old 16-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturk84
No thank F@@k

Its just people living in the past who cant let go.

And Clinton wants an easy ride to finish his waining career and put his feet up based on his long past performances where he was not bad, but not a superstar by any means. But that was a long time ago, and he is a shadow of his former self. Just needs to find a gullible club that will take him on. Hopefully it wont be us.

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Biggineagle; 16-05-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 16-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
I'd be very happy to have him back. A committed player who WANTS to play for us and can be relied on to get 15 goals a season if you play to his strengths. I can't see us doing any better with no money!
Old 16-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Unlucky Charm

joshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the bluesjoshuah is putting on two-step shoes to lose the blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
We keep Jules, Danns, Darren, Paddy and Clyne and add a couple of decent players, we could be an outside shot for the playoffs, if i'm honest.
Old 16-05-2010, 07:03 PM

Oh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOh south london : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuah
We keep Jules, Danns, Darren, Paddy and Clyne and add a couple of decent players, we could be an outside shot for the playoffs, if i'm honest.
Will this happen though? I agree if we keep all of them we will probably do very well.
Old 16-05-2010, 07:06 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've had this argument on here too many times I believe that being a legend is about more than scoring goals or being here a long time. It's an attitude thing as well. It's about being a leader on and off the pitch and a good role model. There are and should only be a very few legends.
Agree there should only be a few legends but when your history is 105 yrs there will be a fair few imo and morrison is right up there.
Old 23-05-2010, 11:54 AM

colin88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecolin88 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
From his twitter:

'hey all, well here's my news.. looking for a new club! have enjoyed my time at ccfc, but new gaffer has new ideas. peace and love!'

So he's definitely coming back to Palace then.
Old 23-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin88
From his twitter:

'hey all, well here's my news.. looking for a new club! have enjoyed my time at ccfc, but new gaffer has new ideas. peace and love!'

So he's definitely coming back to Palace then.
How embarrassing for him, downhill from now on Clint, must be desperate to have to advertise himself, not good enuff for Coventry?? How times have changed.

Old 23-05-2010, 01:04 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Have a look of the games he was playing when Moses broke into the team the encouragement and advice he was giving him on the pitch. You give me a choice of Leon Clarke or Clinton I know which one I would choose. Next season will be about a number of youngsters and a few old hands trying to gell as a team I think Clinton would be worth the gamble to support the youngsters
Old 23-05-2010, 01:04 PM

Aaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's not really a big shock I guess. I'm assuming Aidy Boothroyd's never been a big fan of his ever since the 2005/06 playoff match. That little man really does have a vendetta against a lot of players that played against him in the period that he managed Watford.

It will be interesting to see what he does next. A move back to Crystal Palace would be good for him in the long term, it will lead him to have 'an easy ride' so to speak whilst winding down his career, he will have one last chance to become the clubs all time top goalscorer, the majority of his family still live down here and could set him up good if he wants to continue in football once he retires.

It would be good for us too, it would be a good move on the new owners part (assuming the creditors agreement is all sorted) to keep the fans on there side, i'm sure he will add to the good team spirit we currently have and I can imagine him having a better releationship with Paul and Dougie (assuming they're staying) in comparison to Taylor and Warnock and we do lack fire power up front. I admire Calvin Andrew and Alan Lee's contribution but they're not a good enough strike force to take us further up the table in this division.

However this could be his final big pay day, if he's looking to make quick money and believes he can still play in this division for more than two season then another brief stint away from Selhurst would be sensible on his part. I can imagine Bristol City being interested with him being a free agent due to his relationship with Steve Coppell.

Either way, I think it's fair to assume that his best years are past him now.
Old 23-05-2010, 01:18 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
It all depends on wages I would imagine, and of course the takeover actually going through!
Old 23-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Mucky Little Herbert!

Rocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandRocky is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
I think he'd form a deadly partnership with David Nugent, if there's enough wedge in the pot when the takeover eventually goes through though...

Brian Clough
Old 23-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Herts Eagle
Have a look of the games he was playing when Moses broke into the team the encouragement and advice he was giving him on the pitch. You give me a choice of Leon Clarke or Clinton I know which one I would choose. Next season will be about a number of youngsters and a few old hands trying to gell as a team I think Clinton would be worth the gamble to support the youngsters
Our youngsters are admirably supported already, and Palace do not require a waning journeyman babysitter. As has been stated on this forum previously Morrison didnt always have a positive effect on the youngsters.