Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 23-05-2010, 01:40 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
cant believe there is a debate about it. IF, we have a future and IF clinton will come to us on wages that fit in with that future then how can anyone not want him back. free transfer and as mentioned sensible wages, we would not be able to attract a better striker in our position for this league on terms we can/will offer (assuming we are a tight ship in the future). this is just in terms of ability, add to that clinton is a palace man and is driven to be our top striker... its win win if the terms are right surely.
Old 23-05-2010, 01:42 PM
2010.Dougie.Sound.

BulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle
Our youngsters are admirably supported already, and Palace do not require a waning journeyman babysitter. As has been stated on this forum previously Morrison didnt always have a positive effect on the youngsters.
His effect on Sinclair and Moses seemed pretty positive to me
"Their name is Crystal ****ing Palace. Just imagine it, a Palace, made out of ****ing crystals. Huddersfield Town? Um, no thanks, I think i'll call my club Sapphire Mansion if that's ok with you." Leicester City Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 on Smoke Bomb v Cardiff
I doubt that whoever did it will own up and apologise to the club but he will probably receive a football banning order when identified on the CCTV. As John Cooper Clarke famously said, nobody has got a good word for you but I have. Twat.
Old 23-05-2010, 01:47 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I'm like him. I don't love him like I love Dougie but he's up there.

Would I like to see him back here? Sure. While those who dislike him may not see it, he loves to play for us. EO.
Old 23-05-2010, 01:51 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=colin88]From his twitter:
but new gaffer has new ideas. peace and love!'
QUOTE]

Has Ringo Starr hacked Clinton's account??

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 23-05-2010, 01:56 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Morrison has a record of scoring 10+ goals every season in the Championship for various clubs over a number of years. Not many freebies around who can claim that.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 23-05-2010, 02:01 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
Morrison has a record of scoring 10+ goals every season in the Championship for various clubs over a number of years. Not many freebies around who can claim that.
How many season's has he not been the top scorer? Only AJ outscored him once at Palace I think and at Brum he played so little, Coventry this year, and last.
Old 23-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
He was paid 10K a week at Coventry and failed to deliver.

We don't want to go back to the days of journeyman players again.
Old 23-05-2010, 02:04 PM

Aaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletEagle
His effect on Sinclair and Moses seemed pretty positive to me
+1.

After the way he encouraged David Martin and Sean Scannell on there debuts, he roared on the players around him when we were building momentum, and his persistent shouting at the likes of Darren Ward everytime they had a go at a player less experienced than them I don't see how people can come to the conclusion that he wasn't a good influence. His love for the club seemed to rub off well on the players as well.
Old 23-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Je Suis Un Funky Homme

peagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
You all talk about how he helped the young players on the pitch etc. but my overriding memory of Clinton on the pitch was him whining and moaning. HE scored a good few goals but certainly on ability alone wouldn't make it as a legend in the way that some players have (ie. by being so good they cannot be ignored).

The other thing I have always considered is that when he returned to the club after our relegation to the Championship, there was a distinct change that season in the atmosphere within the team on the pitch and that seemed to coincide with what was a disappointing season. Was that down to Clinton? No obviously not. But could his attitude on and off the field as a major difference in the squad have contributed to it? I've always wondered.

The vast majority seem to view Clinton as a favourite so I guess it isn't my place to pass judgement. But I personally disagree.
Old 23-05-2010, 02:20 PM

Aaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by peagle
You all talk about how he helped the young players on the pitch etc. but my overriding memory of Clinton on the pitch was him whining and moaning. HE scored a good few goals but certainly on ability alone wouldn't make it as a legend in the way that some players have (ie. by being so good they cannot be ignored).

The other thing I have always considered is that when he returned to the club after our relegation to the Championship, there was a distinct change that season in the atmosphere within the team on the pitch and that seemed to coincide with what was a disappointing season. Was that down to Clinton? No obviously not. But could his attitude on and off the field as a major difference in the squad have contributed to it? I've always wondered.

The vast majority seem to view Clinton as a favourite so I guess it isn't my place to pass judgement. But I personally disagree.
I agree with you to an extent, when Peter Taylor came in and there was talk about Clinton being our main double figure hitter and a club leader I had my doubts, but in my opinion Peter Taylor and Neil Warnock both trying to undermine Clinton's impact on the pitch were there biggest mistakes when they were manager. The players they chose to replace him may have had the ability potentially (Kuqi, Idrijaz, Dickov, Lee, John, Beattie, Seares etc.) but they didn't have the swagger or charisma that Clinton had that put him head and shoulders above the rest.
Old 23-05-2010, 02:20 PM
2010.Dougie.Sound.

BulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBulletEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

So you're saying that it was his fault we didn't go straight back up? Save it.

He never moaned, he was just passionate for the cause. Every time he made a run that wasn't found, he made sure that the players looked up and tried to make a pass the next time. He didn't moan. Warnock moaned. There was and is a difference.
"Their name is Crystal ****ing Palace. Just imagine it, a Palace, made out of ****ing crystals. Huddersfield Town? Um, no thanks, I think i'll call my club Sapphire Mansion if that's ok with you." Leicester City Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010 on Smoke Bomb v Cardiff
I doubt that whoever did it will own up and apologise to the club but he will probably receive a football banning order when identified on the CCTV. As John Cooper Clarke famously said, nobody has got a good word for you but I have. Twat.
Old 23-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Je Suis Un Funky Homme

peagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletEagle
So you're saying that it was his fault we didn't go straight back up? Save it.

He never moaned, he was just passionate for the cause. Every time he made a run that wasn't found, he made sure that the players looked up and tried to make a pass the next time. He didn't moan. Warnock moaned. There was and is a difference.
No, I clearly said that it wasn't the reason (clearly) but I wonder whether it was a contributing factor to the change in atmosphere in the dressing room which subsequently contributed to our below expected performance.

I don't know whether we were watching a different player but he constantly moaned throughout his time, though less in his last year with Warnock. At other players, the opposition, linesmen, refs etc. That was the main reason I started to dislike him.

And Aaron, I actually agree with you that they could have used Morrison better and actually think that to say that the players you listed, perhaps bar Beattie, could replace him is unfair to Clinton who (don't get me wrong) is a good and useful player.
Old 23-05-2010, 02:45 PM
O Captain! My Captain!

Pub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is herePub Idol Sam the man is here
Warnock effectively threw the 08/09 season by getting rid. ( I know.... He offered him a contract, blah, blah, blah )

If he came back for decent wages then would have him back like a shot.

Some people will never like him. And I will never undestand that, Yes he is an emotional lad and that sometimes he was his own worst enemy. But he scored goals for Palace. Not many players have found that easy to do.

Anyway we dont have an owner or manager so without these we are not in the running.
Old 23-05-2010, 02:46 PM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Our youngsters are admirably supported already, and Palace do not require a waning journeyman babysitter. As has been stated on this forum previously Morrison didnt always have a positive effect on the youngsters.
I have to disagree with you in terms of playing in the first team I have not seen this season what anyone who watched the season with Moses and Sinclair and Clinton would clearly see the influence that Clinton had....
Old 23-05-2010, 06:53 PM
It's a goat Don

Il Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIl Padrino came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
i used to spend time at the training ground every day of the week and simply just cannot describe the effects that Clinton and dougie have on the players off the field - they are immense

Say what you want about the merits of his performance on a Saturday, but having regularly seen two of our most prolific ever strikers nuture, coach and encourage the kids I can safely say that your post is a million miles wide of the mark
Old 23-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A guy who's been at 3 clubs in his career, scoring over 100 for one of them (that's us by the way, for those with the noticeably short memories), is a 'journeyman', is he? Idiotic.
Old 23-05-2010, 06:59 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroncpfc
+1.

After the way he encouraged David Martin and Sean Scannell on there debuts, he roared on the players around him when we were building momentum, and his persistent shouting at the likes of Darren Ward everytime they had a go at a player less experienced than them I don't see how people can come to the conclusion that he wasn't a good influence. His love for the club seemed to rub off well on the players as well.
3 Players where underperforming is the common point, or can you name one of those that have benefited from his....... er advice??
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 23-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
No, I clearly said that it wasn't the reason (clearly) but I wonder whether it was a contributing factor to the change in atmosphere in the dressing room which subsequently contributed to our below expected performance.

I don't know whether we were watching a different player but he constantly moaned throughout his time, though less in his last year with Warnock. At other players, the opposition, linesmen, refs etc. That was the main reason I started to dislike him.

And Aaron, I actually agree with you that they could have used Morrison better and actually think that to say that the players you listed, perhaps bar Beattie, could replace him is unfair to Clinton who (don't get me wrong) is a good and useful player.
I like that post

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Endless nonsense
What on earth is at the root of your problem with an indisputable Palace legend?
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse
He was paid 10K a week at Coventry and failed to deliver.

We don't want to go back to the days of journeyman players again.
I like that post too