Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 15-03-2002, 07:51 PM

SmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Morris-off in the summer

CLINTON Morrison has revealed that he expects to be leaving Crystal Palace in the summer.

The 22-year-old Republic of Ireland international striker, pictured above, has been Palace's star player this season, scoring 23 goals and attracting the attention of Premiership clubs.

He admits he is desperate to ply his trade in the Premiership and is disappointed that Palace's play-off ambitions look to be over.

Morrison said: "I've got two years left on my contract, but my ambition is to play at the highest level and test myself against the best. I'm at a prime age now.

"I accept that teams in the Premiership will be looking at me now because I've scored a lot of goals this season.

"And if I go to the World Cup and do well, that will put the price up and clubs will start enquiring and approaching the chairman.

"Obviously I think something is going to happen in the summer. I expect Palace to be getting bids in for me, if that doesn't happen I'll be very surprised. I've just got to get on with playing and wait for someone to come and tell me that a club has come in for me."

Your views.....
Old 15-03-2002, 07:54 PM

PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P
Make him see out his contract cos I for one am sick and tired of always nurturing players for others unless we give somebody like Wayne Routledge a run, but it does not bode well when even though we are not out of it he seems to have given up the ghost, he should be fighting until it is impossible for us to go up
Old 15-03-2002, 07:58 PM

FOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnFOSSBLOKE lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Sad but very predictable - SJ needs to recoup his outlay on AA, etc as promotion is now not going to happen. As Ive said before, won't happen till after the World Cup.

I'm always sad to see a good player who's come through the juniors go but its all happened many times before and life (and the club) go on.

At least we should get a good fee....

Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally posted by PENGE P
he should be fighting until it is impossible for us to go up
There aint no spirit left. Compare this season to the 88/89 season and the morale/spirit & determination is low. Some of those players in 88/89 were not the most gifted (Hopkins, Burke, Pardew, Barber) but what they achieved was excellent. We have talent this time round but no guile. Pathetic.

ammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for youammiller is just too good for you
Good luck to him.

If we don't go up it would be a crime if we held him back.

As Sir Stevie said about Ian Wright

"He out-grew us"

Or, as Simon & Garfunkel would put it

"Sail on silvergirl,
Sail on by.
Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way."

Regards

AMMILLER
Old 15-03-2002, 07:59 PM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Mid-table mediocrity for the forseeable future awaits.
Old 15-03-2002, 08:01 PM
Dislocated Member

Standyc is playing for a contract
be sorry to see him go but it's best to cash in rather than lose him on a Bosman.

although his current inability to score means we won't get anyway near what we all seem to think he's worth. £5m?? no chance.
Old 15-03-2002, 08:05 PM

PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P PENGE P
Quote:
Originally posted by ammiller
Good luck to him.

If we don't go up it would be a crime if we held him back.

As Sir Stevie said about Ian Wright

"He out-grew us"

Or, as Simon & Garfunkel would put it

"Sail on silvergirl,
Sail on by.
Your time has come to shine.
All your dreams are on their way."

Regards

The bloke is still only young with only a couple of seasons under his belt at least Mr Wright hung around a bit longer, and tasted life in the top level with us
AMMILLER
Old 15-03-2002, 08:06 PM

Plugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty air
If we get anything more than £5m pound for him, itwould be the best bit of bussiness we will do. He is a good Div 1 striker but will be found out in the Premiership. Hid performances for us in recent weeks have been very very poor. He just plays for hiomself and nobody else. The two things that let him down the most are his dire work rate and his big mouth.

I WILL NOT BE SAD TO SEE HIM GO.

Maybe two games are the same under Iain Dowie?
Old 15-03-2002, 08:12 PM

Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
Mid-table mediocrity for the forseeable future awaits.
Exactly what I was thinking while TF dismantles more and more. I sincerely wish him well. He's ridden the waves with us and been through some tough times. Any player falling into that category is always appreciated. Plugster has a point to a degree. If he can learn to cope with his ego then he'll get there. I'm sure he learns from his naive outbursts. Example, at M Owen in League Cup. Putting him in a bigger pond with bigger fish will do his development the world of good. I just hope it is a bigger pond. I don't like Sunderland but at the moment and for the foreseeable future are a bigger club. I hope we don't settle for mid-table Div1.
Old 15-03-2002, 08:14 PM

Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!Bertrand knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:
Originally posted by Plugster
If we get anything more than £5m pound for him, itwould be the best bit of bussiness we will do. He is a good Div 1 striker but will be found out in the Premiership. Hid performances for us in recent weeks have been very very poor. He just plays for hiomself and nobody else. The two things that let him down the most are his dire work rate and his big mouth.

I WILL NOT BE SAD TO SEE HIM GO.
Then you are a !!!!!
Old 15-03-2002, 08:19 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Something I posted on another thread

Ideas above his station, methinks. He needs another year or two learning his trade, all his goals this year have come at home and mainly under Bruce where he was being fed much better balls. If he was scoring now and had been away then I'd have a higher opinion of him.

And am I the only one who feels that maybe a small bit of loyalty to the club that made you and pays your wages is deserved, at least until the deal is done and announced.
Old 15-03-2002, 08:25 PM

bucketbongeagle bucketbongeagle bucketbongeagle bucketbongeagle bucketbongeagle bucketbongeagle bucketbongeagle bucketbongeagle bucketbongeagle bucketbongeagle bucketbongeagle
I don't want to be so negative but I have a horrible feeling the roller coaster ride may be coming to an end. I would rather have the highs and lows than a sort of numb dullness suffered by the likes of Wolves for so long, infact in a perverse way I think that's what Palace are all about, part of the fun is not knowing whats around the next corner. Over the last few months theirs been an air of doom and gloom hanging over the club, gutless performances from a team that was within arms reach of the play offs as a result the atmosphere at SP has all but died. So Morrison's off, not surprised and I don't blame him, Freedman will be next no doubt, what fun next season will bring with Badbuy chasing the endless punts up field. Nice one Trev keep up the good work.

I tell you what if my pesimistic prediction comes true I'll probably finally convince myself that it's not worth it anymore, I love Palace always will but I want a bit of entertainment for my money, I don't expect fantastic football, im realistic, just a bit of passion and commitment, something sadly missing from the manager, players and supporters alike.
Old 15-03-2002, 08:27 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Standyc
be sorry to see him go but it's best to cash in rather than lose him on a Bosman.

although his current inability to score means we won't get anyway near what we all seem to think he's worth. £5m?? no chance.
Comments like that really piss me off.
How can yoiu say that when Macken has just moved for £5m.
Clinton has scored 23 goals this season. How many has Macken got ???
Old 15-03-2002, 08:27 PM
Moderater in waiting

eaglesrus is happy as a lark and everything is fineeaglesrus is happy as a lark and everything is fineeaglesrus is happy as a lark and everything is fineeaglesrus is happy as a lark and everything is fineeaglesrus is happy as a lark and everything is fineeaglesrus is happy as a lark and everything is fineeaglesrus is happy as a lark and everything is fineeaglesrus is happy as a lark and everything is fineeaglesrus is happy as a lark and everything is fineeaglesrus is happy as a lark and everything is fineeaglesrus is happy as a lark and everything is fine
He should see out his contract. Why should we let him go? He is one of the best strikers in the first division and what hope have we got of going up if he leaves next season. He has two years left on the contract. If we are not going up this time next year then yes he should go, but at the moment he is maturing and I hope and expect him to remain with us next season.
Old 15-03-2002, 08:33 PM

Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten Gavin Axten
Quote:
Originally posted by Dobbo

Comments like that really piss me off.
How can yoiu say that when Macken has just moved for £5m.
Clinton has scored 23 goals this season. How many has Macken got ???
--------------------------------------------------
Exactly, I posted something along those lines last week, if Mackem is worth 5m Clint must be worth 7-8m
Old 15-03-2002, 08:35 PM
6000 miles from there

Nobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNobby : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I don't think a secret any longer that Akinbiyi was bought as a supplement to our striking force if we went up, and as a replacement for CM if we didn't. It's the only way the AA purchase makes any sense. Not good sense, either way, but sense to TF and SJ I suppose.

What is surprising is that CM is talking about it already.
Old 15-03-2002, 08:35 PM
Eagles

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Now I am a big Morrison fan, but it annoys me when players moan that the team has not done as well as they hoped so their going to leave. Clinton you have played in nearly every single game this year and as mentioned earlier we have the talent to go up but lack the passion so surely this is partly down to you and the rest of the team. So instead of putting your energy into saying you want to leave, start putting into the 90 minutes your on the pitch, and maybe just maybe you will make it with us.
Old 15-03-2002, 08:37 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by eaglesrus
He should see out his contract. Why should we let him go? He is one of the best strikers in the first division and what hope have we got of going up if he leaves next season. He has two years left on the contract. If we are not going up this time next year then yes he should go, but at the moment he is maturing and I hope and expect him to remain with us next season.
Get real Eaglesrus.
If he sees out his contract and moves we get zip for him.
Jordan is in ever increasing debt, and with Francis having fcuked up our promotion chances, he will have to cash in his bigger chips.
Old 15-03-2002, 08:44 PM

Top Dog is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by TAK
Ideas above his station, methinks. He needs another year or two learning his trade, all his goals this year have come at home and mainly under Bruce where he was being fed much better balls. If he was scoring now and had been away then I'd have a higher opinion of him.

And am I the only one who feels that maybe a small bit of loyalty to the club that made you and pays your wages is deserved, at least until the deal is done and announced.
Exactly - I can't stand all this fishing for transfers. Show some fu**ig respect to the club you tw@t.

If players are planning to leave they should keep their fat mouths shut until they bugger off.

What sort of affect will this have on the confidence of the team?

Disgraceful.
"My father would drink, he would womanise. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The kind of general malaise only the genius possess and the insane lament."