Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 15-03-2002, 09:04 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by NRM the 2nd
Now I am a big Morrison fan, but it annoys me when players moan that the team has not done as well as they hoped so their going to leave. Clinton you have played in nearly every single game this year and as mentioned earlier we have the talent to go up but lack the passion so surely this is partly down to you and the rest of the team. So instead of putting your energy into saying you want to leave, start putting into the 90 minutes your on the pitch, and maybe just maybe you will make it with us.
Totally agree NRM. It sounds as though Clint is basically saying that the rest of the team is showing no passion at the same time as him leading by example and playing his heart out - which is of course total rubbish. We're playing badly at the mo, but there are at least three or four players who are showing more commitment and passion, so maybe if he's so determined to get a transfer he should get his arse into gear and start looking at his own performances.

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 15-03-2002, 09:16 PM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
AA went for 5m at leicester so at the very least 7m for CM
Old 15-03-2002, 09:19 PM
Dislocated Member

Standyc is playing for a contract
Quote:
Originally posted by Dobbo

Get real Eaglesrus.
If he sees out his contract and moves we get zip for him.
Jordan is in ever increasing debt, and with Francis having fcuked up our promotion chances, he will have to cash in his bigger chips.
errr, hello Mr Contradiction
You have a go at my post saying we should cash in, then this. Wakey wakey!

My comments involving the price are a reflection on his performances/attitude, compared to Macken who is far more experienced and can offer a team more than Morrison can. Don't get me wrong, I think Morrison is great and has been a wonder through his time at Palace but am not in the slightest bit surprised that he has aired his interest to leave and will wish him all the best. I just think there may be some blinkered views on what he is worth. We may think he is worth 5/6m (some people more!!) but not to Premiership clubs where he is unlikely to be a regular starter.
Old 15-03-2002, 09:37 PM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfcben
AA went for 5m at leicester so at the very least 7m for CM
Yes but unfortunately it won't be Peter Taylor buying him.
Old 15-03-2002, 09:48 PM
LLCOOLSTEVE
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by Plugster

I WILL NOT BE SAD TO SEE HIM GO.
Old 15-03-2002, 09:56 PM
Registered Confused.

Brod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBrod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Standyc
be sorry to see him go but it's best to cash in rather than lose him on a Bosman.

although his current inability to score means we won't get anyway near what we all seem to think he's worth. £5m?? no chance.
Inability to score, for what 4/5 games?

He has outgrown us. Good luck to him. Now lets get loads of cash for him.

It happens, that's life. We're not ManU/Arse/Chelscum - maybe if we build for the future properly, we could be consistently Premiership mid-table.
Old 15-03-2002, 10:06 PM
Perfectly formed Member

YASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYASSA the PALACETINIAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
In the current wages climate, CM has more than paid his way with Palace. If he wants premiership football his best chance is to transfer there very soon. It’s also in Palace’s best financial interests. His goalscoring talents have been well above Nationwide standards for at least the last 2 seasons, and if the management of the club has so b0lloxed up our prospects of premiership football, then I for one completely understand his perceived necessity to move and would wish him every success. It’s his only commonsense option.
Old 15-03-2002, 10:29 PM
HoleHasseler

fieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
I remember when Wright left being absolutely devasted and feeling really let down him, the stick he got on every time he played against us right up to the last time in that 0-0 draw at Selhurst shows that most of us felt the same but now, with Morrison I just really couldn't care less, players show no loyalty to any clubs anymore and it is normal for them to keep moving clubs, that's just the way the games gone and not for the better. The fact that Francis is single handedly sucking all my enthusiasm and passion for CPFC out of me as well doesn't help, is it me or is anyone else just losing interest? If it's going to be like this next season minus Morrison and friends I fear another relegation battle is on the cards, I'm beginning to wish I hadn't already paid for and renewed next years season ticket!
Old 15-03-2002, 10:35 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by bucketbongeagle
I don't want to be so negative but I have a horrible feeling the roller coaster ride may be coming to an end. I would rather have the highs and lows than a sort of numb dullness suffered by the likes of Wolves for so long, infact in a perverse way I think that's what Palace are all about, part of the fun is not knowing whats around the next corner. Over the last few months theirs been an air of doom and gloom hanging over the club, gutless performances from a team that was within arms reach of the play offs as a result the atmosphere at SP has all but died. So Morrison's off, not surprised and I don't blame him, Freedman will be next no doubt, what fun next season will bring with Badbuy chasing the endless punts up field. Nice one Trev keep up the good work.

I tell you what if my pesimistic prediction comes true I'll probably finally convince myself that it's not worth it anymore, I love Palace always will but I want a bit of entertainment for my money, I don't expect fantastic football, im realistic, just a bit of passion and commitment, something sadly missing from the manager, players and supporters alike.
I pretty sure that unless the club force he out, Freedman is staying. He has seen that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Based on Freedman's form this season, it's hard to believe that he could not even make the Notts Forest bench.
Freedman, himself has noted that he should never have left Palace in the first place. Lets' hope that is good news.
Old 15-03-2002, 10:36 PM
On the move

britabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbritabroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
From the Guardian.

Crystal Palace striker Clinton Morrison has told the Express that he expects to leave Selhurst Park this summer. "I've two years left on my contract, but my ambition is to play at the highest level and test myself against the best, " he said. So Sunderland's reported interest isn't going to be reciprocated by the humble marksman. "I expect Palace to be getting in a lot of bids for me, if they don't I'll be very surprised," he added. Clint should be very, very surprised.

Arrogant little ****
Old 15-03-2002, 10:52 PM

fmhall sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfmhall sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfmhall sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfmhall sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfmhall sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfmhall sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfmhall sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfmhall sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfmhall sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfmhall sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkfmhall sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Hopefully it is not Clinton that as said all this, we all know how newspaper low lifes twist stories to suit themselves. Don't panic till it happens, it has already been suggested to me by friends that the arrival of Akinbiyi is to pave the way for Clint to leave.... Some trade off ?
Perhaps starting at the Man city game we can, for a change try and get behind AA .
Old 15-03-2002, 11:02 PM

Stonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for youStonewall is just too good for you
It's inevertible anyway, Clint's been a first team regular for three seasons or so I'm not surprised by that statement, good luck to him If that is whats going to happen!
Old 15-03-2002, 11:04 PM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
When actually, has a story like this actually ever been true. I doubt Clinton would actually say something like this. He probably said that he expected there would be bids and something else and it has been expanded into something else entirely.

Jordan said he wasn't for sale, so unless Morrison actually comes in and asks for a move, then i doubt he will be sold. I expect players like Hopkin to be sold first, players that actually add nothing to the club
Old 15-03-2002, 11:57 PM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
So, Morrison wants to leave . .having proved that he is good enough to warrant a chance of Premiership football. Frankly, who can blame him.

He played his heart out for this club when we really needed people to .. .I think too many people forget that fact. He has grown as a player, while we have not grown in the same was as a club. Another fact that people forget. The second of those facts justifies him wanting to go, and the first means that he should go with our best wishes.
Old 16-03-2002, 12:20 AM
Anonymous Coward

As a trained news reporter I can tell you all, that what happens in REALITY before these type of 'interview' stories appear goes something like this.
Journo rings agent and begs interview with agent's client, a certain rising star footballer (Clint). Everything set up at fancy hotel in the Gatwick area, for a bite of lunch and a bit of bubbly on the journo's expenses. Conversation:
Agent: "Well, Mr Journo, where would you like to start?"
J: " I think with all the transfer speculation about Clinton, and the big expectations for Ireland in the World Cup. Clinton, what do you make of all this transfer speculation about you in the Press? By the end of the World Cup when you've knocked in a few goals for Ireland, they'll be beating a path to your door, won't they?"
Clinton, for it is he: "Yeah, I suppose that could happen."
BINGO - we've done it.....headline reads: CLINTON MORRISON IN END-OF-PALACE CAREER SHOCK HORROR. BUDDING STAR STRIKER CLINTON MORRISON SAYS HIS DAYS AT PALACE ARE NUMBERED AND HE EXPECTS LOADS OF TRANSFER BIDS BY THE END OF THE WORLD CUP.
Meanwhile Journo and Agent get totally lego-ed on the Express expense account, whilst Clinton sneaks off to phone his mum and watch Blue Peter.
True, if you don't believe it, you're fcucking mad.
Old 16-03-2002, 12:20 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I took years to recover from the disappointment I felt when Ian Wright left. Part of that, though, was that we truly appeared to be on the verge of something and it was downhill all the way once he left.

I've never had the same feelings about potentially losing Morrison and we're certainly not on the verge of anything right now.

If he goes, good luck to him - I happen to think that he'll look really classy once he has some decent players around him - he's scored 23 goals for nothing more than a mid-table side, after all.

Just hope he doesn't go to Charlton - that I couldn't forgive.
Old 16-03-2002, 12:32 AM

rednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningrednbluevegas would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Morrisson is a striker of real quality - 23 goals in front of a midfield that has really struggled this year says alot. He is easily the most gifted striker we have had since Ian Wright and he has indeed outgrown us. I have never understood those who have given him anything less then our full support as he has been a shining star during some very bad days.

I hope he goes on to a top line club (not an Everton, Sunderland, Spurs etc) as even though Wright did undo some of the goodwill we sent him away with, I still got a buzz knowing that everything he did at Arsenal was built upon the Palace foundation.

The challenge for us is two fold:

Make sure the parting of ways with Morrisson is painless and swift (i.e. stop talking about years left on contracts etc and aknowledge that the lad needs to take the next step in his career)

Ensure that Dougie is wrapped in cottonwool and made to feel that he is now top dog. That should start with a new, improved contract and lots of training ground work to ensure that whoever partners him (lets face it, its Ade), fits around him. That will mean that we at least go into next season wih a proven stike force. This is the area that worries most wih Francis at the moment as I suspect that he does not value Dougie as high as he should.
Old 16-03-2002, 12:34 AM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by beestey
As a trained news reporter I can tell you all, that what happens in REALITY before these type of 'interview' stories appear goes something like this.
Journo rings agent and begs interview with agent's client, a certain rising star footballer (Clint). Everything set up at fancy hotel in the Gatwick area, for a bite of lunch and a bit of bubbly on the journo's expenses. Conversation:
Agent: "Well, Mr Journo, where would you like to start?"
J: " I think with all the transfer speculation about Clinton, and the big expectations for Ireland in the World Cup. Clinton, what do you make of all this transfer speculation about you in the Press? By the end of the World Cup when you've knocked in a few goals for Ireland, they'll be beating a path to your door, won't they?"
Clinton, for it is he: "Yeah, I suppose that could happen."
BINGO - we've done it.....headline reads: CLINTON MORRISON IN END-OF-PALACE CAREER SHOCK HORROR. BUDDING STAR STRIKER CLINTON MORRISON SAYS HIS DAYS AT PALACE ARE NUMBERED AND HE EXPECTS LOADS OF TRANSFER BIDS BY THE END OF THE WORLD CUP.
Meanwhile Journo and Agent get totally lego-ed on the Express expense account, whilst Clinton sneaks off to phone his mum and watch Blue Peter.
True, if you don't believe it, you're fcucking mad.

Sorry to disappoint you, beestey, but all it took was a word with Clint at the training ground from the SLP
Old 16-03-2002, 12:38 AM
he's no David Bailey...

selhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineselhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Re: Morris-off in the summer

Quote:
Originally posted by SmithEagle
CLINTON Morrison has revealed that he expects to be leaving Crystal Palace in the summer.
Oh well, never mind... wonder which club he'll go to? Leicester, Charlton, Ipswich or Middlesbrough.
Old 16-03-2002, 12:57 AM
Anonymous Coward

well, tmjwat, if this was run in the SLP then I don't believe a frigging word of it, chats at the training ground or not. That pro-Scumwall arsewipe rag couldn't add up 2 + 2 and print the right answer. I've never seen such a shabby excuse for a newspaper in my life, including some of the rags I've worked on. I could get personal about the SLP's staffing standards but I won't - it's not their fau entirely despite their grotesque inadequacies.
So the scenario was something like this then. SLP sportsdesk desperate for a bit of non-Scumwall news, as usual as Thursday deadline beckons. Sports Editor to Sports Journo.
"Come on son, it's your turn to make something up about Palace this week. Go down and take the piss out of that striker they got with the funny name, Clinton Eastwood or something."
Journo: "Okay boss, but where is Crystal Palace?"
Sprts Ed: "Get the office AtoZ you prat and get out of my sight, and don't come back unless you've got some bleedin copy, all right."
Having got directions from the security guard on the front desk from Streatham to Beckenham, our roving sports reporter kickstarts his 13-years-old Fiesta and is off. Three hours later after several circuits of the M25 and the eager beaver bloodhound reporter is standing on the touchlines of the aforesaid training ground, in a howling gale, watching as the Palace squad knocks a football about some three hundred yards away.
"Oi, Clinton," the hack bellows above the pouring rain and driving wind. "Clinton, Clinton, can I have your autograph, please, please, please, my young son is dying of cancer in the Mayday and this is his dying wish."
Clinton gives his trademark shrug of the shoulders and rambles over to this bloke he can only suppose is a total madman, waving a notebook and Biro at him wildly.
As Clinton gets within earshot the soaked hack screams: "Hey Clinton, I bet you'll get loads of transfer offers if you do well in the World Cup, specially as Palace are out of the play-offs now."
Eyeing the assumed lunatic carefully Clinton stops in his steps, nods, gives that famous broad grin, turns round and legs it for the safety of his teammates.
And there, my dear knackered hack tmjwat, you have your "quick word at the training ground" and how it ended up in a newspaper that's not fit to print, let alone be read by anyone of sane mind, even Scumwallers.
Now let's have an end to this sort of tosh on the Crystal Palace Football Club BBS. I don't come on in here be insulted by the likes of Scumwall c@ck-sucking tossers like the SLP.