Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 16-03-2002, 12:59 AM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
don't like it very much do ya Beestey
Old 16-03-2002, 01:02 AM
Anonymous Coward

A beautifully crafted response. I see a future as a Times leader writer beckons.

Old 16-03-2002, 01:03 AM
Anonymous Coward

thank you, thank you, no stop, please, you're embarrassing me
Old 16-03-2002, 01:04 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
I disagree that we are not on the verge of something big!

No-one will ever have a chance like we did in 1990/91 as football has changed so much it was then or never for everyone.

But consider this

Morrison and Freedman continue to play together up front

Mullins stays in midfield and really develops there like we know he can, regains his 11+ goals a season form and builds on it.

Aki fills the other central role for us in the absence of any other good youngsters at the moment.

Black and Gray are given wide winger roles and are allowed to exploit the great potential we know they both have.

Clarke and Kolinko continue in Goal while Cronin develops his potential which has made him England No. 1 for his age.

Then we just need to strehgthen the back.

Then take into account those we have rising up through the ranks, already mentioned Cronin but what aboiut Routledge, Williams, Borrowdale and Winothai ALL being capped at varioius levels by their countries.

If we can keep all these together for the next 3-5 years we will ewin promotion, we will stay in the premiership and we will start to do well. Ok not saying Champions league but i think at the end of that 3-5 we could be challenging for minor european places.

Only problem is we need a manager who can play to ALL these players strength - BALL ON THE FLOOR!

So **** OFF Francis you are spoiling the possible dream.

But we need to keep these players together - Jordan said we would no longer be a selling club, we know Francis lies lets just hope Jordan doesn't too (unlikely but i have the fingers crossed)

Last edited by GreatGonzo; 16-03-2002 at 01:08 AM.
Old 16-03-2002, 01:21 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Love it

Even when we are 99% stright up on a story you still get the above by Beestey LOL Trying to make a name are we
I for one trust Tim at his word.

This has been on the cards (Morrison) for a while now if we did not get into the play offs.Of course Morrison wants to climb that ladder,you can see he would have liked to do it with us but we are just not good enough.

Simple really.

So where to you get all your info Beestey ?
Old 16-03-2002, 01:32 AM
Anonymous Coward

I'm not revealing my sources, Les, least of all on the BBS. Actually, ranting aside, you have to admit that on a quiet day in the life of the SLP sports desk which devotes at least 50% of its space to Scumwall, despite there being at least FOUR other serious south London clubs that its 'readership' may happen to support, if you're really pushed for scraps to print any old stuff as long as it's got the word 'Palace' in it, why not run the old chestnut about the latest budding Palace star pissing off to some 'bigger' club if they don't get into the ....(fill in blank - play-offs, Div I, Premiership, II, Cup Final, whatever). It's been done time and time again, and eventually someone will get it right because as has been said frequently earlier in this fun thread, eventually the said budding Palace star (always a striker except Nigel Martyn and Southgate) will indeed take the top dollar and so we will have to move on, something we've found hard to do this season after the Steve Bruce debacle. Clinton's been fun for us so far, although he's had plenty of off days as well, normally due to fits of pique and mouthiness, and I only hope he stays with us one more season at least. But if he goes, he goes. Jordan trousers pots of lolly. That keeps him quiet for a while which is a blessing for all of us. Bring on Kabba, Routledge and whatever, for Christ's sake happened to bloody Rubins.
Old 16-03-2002, 01:43 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Yeah Beestey all that said and done the plain fact's is that the story is probly true about Morrison,that's what I'm going on about.

The fact of the matter is that there are other teams in South London who are most likely going to the playoffs and who are in the Prem,we do rate a poor 3rd at the mo I'm afraid what ever the paper you hate.
Old 16-03-2002, 01:45 AM
Anonymous Coward

Just for the sake of it...and I'm not an SLP fan either

Today:
Palace 2.5 pages
Millwall 2.5
Charlton 2
Wimbledon 1
Dulwich Hamlet 1
Old 16-03-2002, 01:54 AM
Anonymous Coward

Les, we are mixing up two themes in the one here.
Re: Clinton Morrison getting transfer offers by the bucketload - it does not take a rocket scientist, let alone some underpaid, 18-years-old South London Press sports hack, to work out that if you score goals at the rate Clinton does, you are going to attract the attention of 'bigger' clubs than Palace. Agreed, agreed. No problems with this. I just don't swallow that Clinton ACTUALLY UTTERED the EXACT WORDS attributed to him in this piece of copy in the SLP. And that is because I have done this sort of thing myself quite often: it's a standard journalistic technique. Even when you come out and ask a question and the geezer says "No comment", you come back with "So, you're not denying it then." And footballers aren't chess grandmasters (except for Monsieur Coppell).
Meanwhile the sub-text as to why the SLP devotes such an enormous and disproportionate amount of space to Scumwall, which I have even seen them advertise on their front page, for feck's sake, doesn't get countered by you saying we aren't a bigger club than Scumwall. What about Clowntown - aren't they a bigger club, aren't they already in the Premiership? All right, I know, no-one can read in Charlton. So then there's the Wimbleweeds - surely their illustrious career merits at least equal coverage to Scumwall. Okay, okay, there are only two Wimbleweed fans that buy the SLP. So that leaves the greatest club in the universe, and what do we get from the SLP: I tell you, it's pretty poor stuff if you read it regularly like I do.
But if you're mates with this bloke 'Tim' and he says it's kosher (for once) then I'll accept that and pipe down. Now there's a thought, eh.
Old 16-03-2002, 01:58 AM
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally posted by beestey
let alone some underpaid, 18-years-old South London Press sports hack,
Oh, you know her do you?
Old 16-03-2002, 02:01 AM
Anonymous Coward

Know her, you ask...I've even offered to teach her to spell.
Old 16-03-2002, 02:02 AM

Streatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsStreatham man is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Clint has been a great player for Palace, and I wish him well.

I also believe that if TF had not arrived, we would have been in a playoff spot, although I'd say our chances were only about 50-50 that we'd win and be promoted.

TF's taken away that 50% chance that we would have gone up, and Clint would have stayed.

I have this terrible feeling in my gut that TF will stick around, we'll play boring hoofball, eek out a lot of draws at home and end up in the bottom half of the table next year.

BTW, if Clint does leave, I think that Ade with some time could be a decent complement to Dougie.
Old 16-03-2002, 02:04 AM
Anonymous Coward

Mr Streatham Man, salutations to the wonderful world of SW16. I agree with your views entirely.
Old 16-03-2002, 02:05 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Quote:
Originally posted by beestey
and what do we get from the SLP: I tell you, it's pretty poor stuff if you read it regularly like I do.
But if you're mates with this bloke 'Tim' and he says it's kosher (for once) then I'll accept that and pipe down. Now there's a thought, eh.
1st: Why do you read if it so poor and full of crap ?

2nd:I would take most things as stright up with tmjwat (Tim) even if he is a Hippy and see's flying cows.
Old 16-03-2002, 02:10 AM

Chester 76 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnChester 76 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnChester 76 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnChester 76 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnChester 76 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnChester 76 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnChester 76 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnChester 76 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnChester 76 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnChester 76 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawnChester 76 lets the band keep playing on and on and on, til the break of dawn
Today`s cp-fris has a Sporting Life article,which appears to be based on the same quotes as the SLP article. However it suggests that Morrison thinks Palace are going to sell him as opposed to Morrison wanting to leave.

Last edited by Chester 76; 16-03-2002 at 02:18 AM.
Old 16-03-2002, 02:12 AM
Anonymous Coward

Okay Les, as usual you've got one over on me. I was not aware that BBS-er tmjwat was also your mate 'Tim' and also the much-maligned South London Press hack I've been sending up in the last few posts. Sorry, but that's the trouble with sign-on names, like my very own, which conceal one's identity. (My God, I'm beginning to sound like Trolley.)
As for reading the SLP, I am more or less compelled to buy it for other reasons which are none of your concern, but which have - I can assure you - absolutely NOTHING TO DO with wanting to be kept informed about our great club.
Apologies to tmjwat. If you look carefully at what I said in my penultimate posting (don't you just love alliteration), I am fully prepared to accept that Clinton Morrison actually spoke the words attributed to him in the SLP report - if you and tmjwat say so, though I still have a few nagging doubts.
Old 16-03-2002, 03:09 AM
Wannabe Surfer Dude

SIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
First of all Clinton has been mis-quoted, he is not going anywhere. He still wants to go on the premiership BUT WITH PALACE

Any doubters, please watch the Sky sports 'goals' programme on Sunday between 11.00 and 2.00 and here him say it himself
Old 16-03-2002, 03:19 AM
Wannabe Surfer Dude

SIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSIKO : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Clinton Morrison is Staying at palace

Despite what the SLP says, they have got it wrong and totally mis-quoted Clinton. Bear in mind this is a quality striker who has had ample opportunities to leave Palace, but has stayed, even in administration.
Yes he wants to play in the Premiership, but with PALACE.He still beleives we can make the play-offs, and will be doing his best to make sure Palace do.

On Sunday.he will be giving an interview on the Goals programme with Sky sports between 11.00 and 2.00 where he will state to all the Palace fans he wants to go into the premiership with Palace. HE IS GOING NOWHERE.

All this talk about him leaving Palace is nonsense. He is a London boy, and enjoys playing with Palace. Despite the rumours he is going nowhere, especially a club outside of London.
Old 16-03-2002, 03:24 AM
Pope Gregory the 9th

RedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRedStripe Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
hope you're right could do with himm staying esp if he goes to the world cup and gets some good experience.....can imagine that he could have got mis-quoted as he is very very thick!!!!!!!!!! probably wanted to say that he wanted to get palace to the premiership but the words came out the wrong way!!!!!!!!
Old 16-03-2002, 03:48 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Thanks SIKO for putting the record straight.

Redstripe I think you are being very unfair to Clinton. He is definitely not thick.

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!