Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 16-03-2002, 09:19 PM
Anonymous Coward

Okay, I'm taking time out from the non-drama at Maine Road. I am now totally confused. Perhaps Les can tell me who Tim of the SLP actually is, if he's not tmjwat. Les refers repeatedly to how reliable Tim is, so I assumed Tim was the alleged hack who got Clinton saying he was planning to leave Palace pronto.
At the beginning of this thread the Clinton words were referred to as appearing in The Daily Express, but then we were told, by tmjwat or Les, I cannot remember, that the article was in fact in that illustrious organ, the South London Press. As a result of this intelligence, I ventured to express my grave reservations that Clinton actually said those words as the South London Press is a pile of Scumwall shyte, but Les insisted some bloke called Tim (presumably the SLP hack who wrote the article having interviewed Clinton) was reliable and Les for one was happy to accept Tim's word on the absolute authority of his accuracy in quoting Clinton about his transfer aspirations.
Meanwhile tmjwat was busy explaining that the Clinton utterances were made at the training ground, and not over a booze-fuelled lunch at a hotel as I had speculated, so I assumed from that knowledge, that tmjwat, in order to know that, was in reality, the famous Tim, who was the SLP hack, who interviewed Clinton and got on the record the famous words of Clinton that he was planning to dump on the Palace this summer.
Then along comes SIKO to tell us Clinton has denied ever saying these words (thank you, right as always) and immediately Les chimes in with how wise Clinton is to deny he ever said what Tim/tmjwat of the SLP claimed he had said. This is, I assume, the same Les Butler who had ticked me off for doubting the oh-so-reliable-Tim of the SLP who is not, it now appears, tmjwat. Confused? Fecxking hell, I'm totally cream-crackered by it all. And who says the BBS is the fount of all Palace wisdom. I think the only word that suitably sums it up is BOLLOX
Old 16-03-2002, 10:10 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Do you want a five minute argument or a ten minute argument (Monty pythons)

I think your taking all of this far far to seriously Beestey, Nuffing in life is 100% and once or twice people have been known to be wrong and at this point who knows who is right or wrong ? A off the cuff comment one on one can be denied Yes ?

Anyway we will see at the end of the season.
Old 16-03-2002, 11:40 PM

Plugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty airPlugster is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Clinton Morrison

What do you think of Clinton's quotes in the media yesterday (icsouthlondon.co.uk). I think it is totally uacceptable for a player to so blatentley put him-self up for sale. Basically he is saying I'll be in the Premiership next season, with or without Palace.

CAN YOU STILL CHANT CLINTON'S NAME WITH PRIDE ?

Maybe two games are the same under Iain Dowie?
Old 16-03-2002, 11:45 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Ther you go plugster
Old 19-03-2002, 08:36 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm sorry, but those that slate Morrison's attitude simply do not watch games, but take their information from the tabloids. Morrison could have left us when we were in administration, but he stayed and scored almost twenty goals despite being out for three months with a dislocated shoulder. He could have left when Smith transfer-listed him, and attacked him publically in an appallingly unprofessional fashion, but he stayed and scored almost twenty goals despite playing for an awful team that just avoided relegation on the last day of the season. This season has been another year at clown school, with all the comings and goings, and Morrison has responded again by scoring 23 goals so far, and provided the foil Freedman has always needed for him to reach his potential as well.

If Morrison does leave, it will be another sign that this club is simply not ambitious enough, or does not have the financial muscle to compete at the highest level. It's no good replacing him with a worse player (Ade), or saying we've got exciting young prospects coming through to replace him (Routledge). We have to get those exciting young prospects to join our other quality graduates we already have in Mullins and Morrison, and build the team we all want.

I hope Morrison stays. But if he goes, I'm not going to wish him any ill-luck mind.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 19-03-2002, 09:17 PM

Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Merton Eagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
I'll be very surprise if he gets his London team transfer this summer as he's been plugging whenever possible. I can understand a Sunderland or similar (Everton, Wolves) but I cannot see Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea wanting him, West Ham or Charlton affording him on what they commit for such transfers. I just don't see it happening.
Old 19-03-2002, 09:32 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Merton Eagle
I'll be very surprise if he gets his London team transfer this summer as he's been plugging whenever possible. I can understand a Sunderland or similar (Everton, Wolves) but I cannot see Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea wanting him, West Ham or Charlton affording him on what they commit for such transfers. I just don't see it happening.
Spurs should kill for him, but would have to eat a lot of humble pie, considering they let him go at 16, saying he'd never make it (just as Brighton did with Wright).

I think you're missing off a rich London club that plays Morrrison's style of football though...

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 23-03-2002, 02:08 AM

chadbasher is playing for a contract
straight from the horses mouth

clinton is staying at palace
Old 23-03-2002, 02:09 AM
Please....

Ouch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
The Palace Hotel?
Old 23-03-2002, 02:13 AM

chadbasher is playing for a contract
your so witty doughnut
Old 23-03-2002, 02:18 AM
Samurai Pie Master

Walrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good.

I shall gladly believe this statement until Clinton's agent proves otherwise.
Old 23-03-2002, 02:20 AM
Please....

Ouch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appearOuch that Hurt! endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
When did he say this then?
Old 23-03-2002, 02:26 AM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
when he was talking to the horse

Durrrrrrrrr
Old 23-03-2002, 02:27 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by pete eagle
when he was talking to the horse

Durrrrrrrrr
ROTFLMAO
Old 23-03-2002, 02:50 AM
Exiled in the North

CPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC_R_GREAT : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'd love to believe although he prolly meant untill the summer he wasn't going anywhere!

Xbox - FlatDan3
Old 23-03-2002, 03:32 AM
Please....

Or anywhere for his summer holidays.
Old 25-03-2002, 04:32 AM

palacemad is playing for a contract
Clinton Morrison

If Clinton does leave at the end of this season who would you like to see replace him??????
Old 25-03-2002, 04:45 AM
'cos it's me name!

Vinny is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get onVinny is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get onVinny is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get onVinny is jogging along the touchline, pleading to get on
Van Nistle, Van Nistellro, Van nisstlroo
Henri.
Old 25-03-2002, 04:54 AM

leekent is playing for a contract
burgcamp, burgkamp, bergcamp.
fowler
Old 25-03-2002, 04:55 AM
Digitally Remastered

What? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWhat? : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not one to blow my own trumpet, but i reckon i could do a good job!