Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 19-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissroll
750k now, nothing next summer. Take the chance we find the goals from somewhere else in 2010/2011 or hold off a year and have no choice?

If CPFC2010 are going to run the club sensibly - then we lose good players to clubs who will pay wages beyond what their finances allow and who rely on their owners (just like we did).

Next season will be very hard.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This, however I'd like the prospective fee recieved to be at least 1 million

750k is a steal for a 20 goal midfielder
Old 19-05-2010, 08:19 PM

nomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenomad : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan
He only started playing well in open play once Warnock had gone. **** off neil.

If necessary could the trust finance it with the understanding that if the cva goes thru the new owners will pay us back or if it doesn't we will have money when ambrose is sold?
Neil? No, **** off Colin. All this crap about hoping Palace survive and he took his 30 pieces of silver and b*****d off. Funny how he blamed it all on BG and wouldn't admit he was off for a better deal. Paul Hart, you are a legend (wouldn't want you permanently though) and thanks for keeping us up.
Old 20-05-2010, 08:25 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan is trying to beat his old club Celtic to sign Crystal Palace's goalscoring midfielder Darren Ambrose - and land keeper Julian Speroni in a double deal.

Boro made an inquiry for Ambrose yesterday and want permission to speak with him - and Palace's administrator is under growing pressure to raise funds.

Celtic will make their move once they officially appoint Neil Lennon as manager and Strachan is trying to take advantage of that time-scale to step in and tie up a move for Ambrose in the next few days.

Strachan is also bidding to sign Palace's Argentinian keeper Speroni. He wants to beat West Ham to him by offering first-team football.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-05-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Come on Parish and co. don't let this happen.

Ambrose is an eagle
Old 20-05-2010, 09:55 AM

Palace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Kebab came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Given the circumstances, Ambrose is likely to be sold and i would support this decision. Realistically, i suspect someone has to go and it is better to be one or two that can command a decent fee rather than complete decimation. In January the amount of money flying around for transfers was dramatically down year on year, I can't see why this summer will be much different. I think we can push the price higher than the current reported figure and there will not be many transfers circa 1m in our division.

If it means we can get back on a solid financial footing and ensure a longer term sustainable future with a chance of some success, it is a necessary sacrifice.
Old 20-05-2010, 11:26 AM

Matt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMatt_Hep : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfan1
Middlesbrough boss Gordon Strachan is trying to beat his old club Celtic to sign Crystal Palace's goalscoring midfielder Darren Ambrose - and land keeper Julian Speroni in a double deal.
'Boro and Strachan can get to fvck.

If we get the CVA sorted, club takeover etc. Palace is as good a club to play for. The timing of all this is getting desperate now.

Does anyone know the timeline for takeover etc?

Last edited by Matt_Hep; 20-05-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 20-05-2010, 11:35 AM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle101
May's wages?

CPFC2010 saying that they now won't fund the club over summer unless sure of a CVA?
That was/still is my fear - seems to be common knowledge that we have to find 800k a month over summer to balance books; CPFC (2010) no longer willing to fund as Jordan is messing around over the CVA; 750K will pay May's wages.
As others have said, in any case, as he was on a free his wages may be relatively high & if the CPFC (2010) deal goes through they will probably want to reuce the wage bill.
Old 20-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Charlton(R)

Bobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsBobsta was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Rather sell danns tbh.
Old 20-05-2010, 11:50 AM
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsta
Rather sell danns tbh.
No way, Ambrose may have the end product but Danns is the one running the midfield.

We would be a much poorer side without him.
Old 20-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Dare I say him going could be best for the long term future of the club?

He is reportedly on approx. 13k a week, taking that off the wage bill would look a lot healthier on the books. Gone are the days we offer these wages, I suspect if future we won't offer half this amount.

Would be disappointed if we don't get at least a million for him though.
Old 20-05-2010, 12:01 PM

GTR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGTR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGTR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGTR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGTR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGTR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGTR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGTR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGTR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGTR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGTR : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuper zalace
if he goes to QPR then he has no class and i will boo him.
This is totally unfair. If he goes to QPR it is because the club (and effectively this means CPFC2010 and/or Brendan at this stage) actively wished to sell him. I've seen nothing to suggest that Ambrose has been angling for a move.

Yes - losing our assets on the cheap will hurt if it comes to that but a deal like this will or won't be done on the basis of cash flow, the wage bill and the likelihood of a CVA, not the desires of individual players.
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
What is depressing is that if Ambrose goes for 750k, that amount of money will be gone in less than 30 days on just 1 months wages
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If we should to sell him after a takeover, that's an entirely different matter.

At least then it wouldn't feel like daylight robbery, and should add more to the price.
Old 20-05-2010, 12:07 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
1m should be the minimum we look for IMO.

That's if this is true.
Old 20-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ
What is depressing is that if Ambrose goes for 750k, that amount of money will be gone in less than 30 days on just 1 months wages
Although that's where selling some of our 'better' players could have added value.

You get the transfer dosh, and the wage bill goes down noticeably too.
Old 20-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
He wont go, im certain of it
Old 20-05-2010, 03:44 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobsta
Rather sell danns tbh.
Agreed.
Old 20-05-2010, 03:47 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Ambrose scores more goals,but danns is a far better player IMO.I hope we can keep them both.
Old 20-05-2010, 03:57 PM
American Hot

Captain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCaptain Pizza : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wages in football are ridiculous and the sooner they start to fall the better for everyone. 13k a week (i.e. c700k per year) is just absurd. How can any player in any mid-table second-tier side actually be worth that?
Old 20-05-2010, 04:00 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pizza
Wages in football are ridiculous and the sooner they start to fall the better for everyone. 13k a week (i.e. c700k per year) is just absurd. How can any player in any mid-table second-tier side actually be worth that?
Take away the goals he scores this season and see where in the league we'd have ended up and then how much money was lost. Thats how much he is worth