Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markluke
Let's face it. Darren Ambrose is a class player but the only reason he is with us is because he is an injury nightmare.

He is a risky signing for anyone.

If we could get a decent Championship striker in return, it might be worth it.

We need a goal scorer badly.

Our goal tally for the last couple of seasons has been a joke.
Yeah he's one of those players who's great to keep, but not necessarily irreplaceable. Great assists, goals, set pieces - but injury prone,lacking in mobility and anonymous for large amounts of time. That's what keeps him out of the PL bracket.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Wow @ that list!

Anyway. If we play 4-4-2, where do we accomodate Ambrose? One of the central positions? What about Williams, or do we see him as Dazza's understudy? Dazza and Williams as the centre pairing there would be too lightweight.

If we play as we did last season, but with one DM instead of 2 we could accomodate him perhaps, but do we really want to continue with one up front? Maybe that is Dougie's plan.

I love Dazza, but I have to say, I'd be looking at his wages, and at how much he is likely to play, and thinking it may be a luxury to keep him for another year if we can cash in. Tough call.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:13 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
But all of that ignores his obvious match winning ability.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolinkins
For his set pieces alone he's worth playing. But over Williams? Or out of position? He needs to play centrally for us to get the best out of him, and he needs a tough ball winner alongside him. But assuming Williams is going to figure more this season, that may result in Ambrose spending more time on the bench - an expensive sub.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Banned by Moderators

Markluke Markluke Markluke Markluke Markluke Markluke Markluke Markluke Markluke Markluke Markluke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Yeah he's one of those players who's great to keep, but not necessarily irreplaceable. Great assists, goals, set pieces - but injury prone,lacking in mobility and anonymous for large amounts of time. That's what keeps him out of the PL bracket.
Yep totally agree.

In an ideal world we could keep him but a good new striker is a total must.

If we can secure one with the other......
Old 12-07-2012, 03:17 PM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
We won't be playing 4-4-2...
Old 12-07-2012, 03:17 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle
For his set pieces alone he's worth playing. But over Williams? Or out of position? He needs to play centrally for us to get the best out of him, and he needs a tough ball winner alongside him.
Aside from Charlton (his worst spell) when has he ever played centrally?

If played, he should be given the freedom to roam - that's how Warnock used him and it resulted in 20 goals. Off the left.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle
Wow @ that list!

Anyway. If we play 4-4-2, where do we accomodate Ambrose? One of the central positions? What about Williams, or do we see him as Dazza's understudy? Dazza and Williams as the centre pairing there would be too lightweight.

If we play as we did last season, but with one DM instead of 2 we could accomodate him perhaps, but do we really want to continue with one up front? Maybe that is Dougie's plan.

I love Dazza, but I have to say, I'd be looking at his wages, and at how much he is likely to play, and thinking it may be a luxury to keep him for another year if we can cash in. Tough call.
I thought he should have have been playing that position at the front of the three central mids or just behind the striker if you like. I gues the role martin got to play.

I think he is an adequate right winger in a 442 but you do have to remind him that when in that position work rate is key.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle
We won't be playing 4-4-2...
Thank God.

Dead formation
Old 12-07-2012, 03:20 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I think part of his strength to the squad though is the fact that he can realistically play right or left wing as well as behind the front man. I think his best football is played when he is the play maker though.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by milky87
Name me the teams Speroni wouldn't play week in week out for
It'd be easier to say I think he'd possibly get into Reading and Southampton's teams. At a push.

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milky87
Thank God.

Dead formation
Depends really doesn't it.. if you take woy's view that there isn't much difference between a 442 with one of the strikers dropping in all the time or a 451 where the attacking mid joins the attack.. pretty much the same thing if you have the right players for it.

The problem of course with what amounts to the same formation is the fact that with the wrong players or players that aren't up to it you either end up too deep and the one up top gets isolated or worse what kind of happened to england you end up with the striker thats meant to drop in simply not doing it and two players get isolated. However executed well and you control possesion and dominate games.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM

PALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPALACEFAN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Aside from Charlton (his worst spell) when has he ever played centrally?

If played, he should be given the freedom to roam - that's how Warnock used him and it resulted in 20 goals. Off the left.
Yes a bit of a freedom to roam but not really as a central player. This is a bit of myth that I think exists so people can have a pop at Dougie for not playing him centrally (even though he never has done in his career). He played on the left (and occasionally right) of a front 3 with not much defensive responsibility.

I do agree that Warnock played him best though, long ball to Alan Lee's head took out a few defenders and he would pick up the pieces,usually with a shot from around the edge of the box.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Perhaps we'd have won as many games with a player with more work rate and mobility, getting past players and getting crosses in for strikers in DA's position?

Like any decent player, it would be how effectively he's replaced that defines the logic behind selling him.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Wears a magic hat

AmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expandAmericanEAGLE. is so good, is so bad; you understand - I can't expand
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeyMatt
It'd be easier to say I think he'd possibly get into Reading and Southampton's teams. At a push.
Don't think Jules is better than Federici..

Like many have said..Dazza is best wide left in a front 3. With no new attacking signings (not likely), I'd love to see..

Jules
Ward---Paddy---Martin---Parr
Jedi---O'Keefe
Williams
Wilf---Murray---Dazza
he is a wanker and doesn't dersve to wear the shirt
Old 12-07-2012, 03:32 PM
4th Generation Palace

palace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepalace nutter : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This thread comes around every transfer window, and it's always the same:

Many point out his faults, many point out his attributes and then everyone comes to the conclusion that it is pointless selling him because what we would get for him would not match the match winning performances he produces for us.

Darren then always answers this question by being the top goalscorer for that season and scoring crackers against man United and last minute winners vs Brighton and we all love him again!

Darren is going no where.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:36 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEAGLE.
Don't think Jules is better than Federici..

Like many have said..Dazza is best wide left in a front 3. With no new attacking signings (not likely), I'd love to see..

Jules
Ward---Paddy---Martin---Parr
Jedi---O'Keefe
Williams
Wilf---Murray---Dazza
Good point, forgot about him. So, just Southampton for Jules, then.

Agree completely with the team you've stuck in there.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM

Sp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is hereSp1Eagle Sam the man is here
Bid accepted.

CRYSTAL Palace have accepted a bid for Darren Ambrose from Birmingham City.

The South London Press understands that the Blues will hold talks with 28-year-old before the weekend after offering.

Ambrose has 12 months left on his contract at Selhurst Park and told our paper before the end of the season that he would be happy to discuss an extension.

But new Birmingham boss Lee Clark has made his move for the former Charlton man.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Ledley's beard.

We've accepted a bid from Brum!

According to Rich Cawley.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 12-07-2012, 04:22 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
in****ingcomming