Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 22-05-2013, 11:05 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Journo' briefing note :

1) CTRL C then CTRL V "save as" a document called "Palace Striker story"
2) Find the name of a striker in another story.
3) Bold out that name, then; CTRL C
4) Open "Palace Striker story" delete previous players' name (double check this bit - it's the hardest part of the operation and could blow your cover if not done correctly!) then CTRL V
5) Repeat frequently until transfer and loan windows close.
6) Reminder in OUTLOOK for Winter windows.
Old 22-05-2013, 11:13 AM

Ron Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRon Dogers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
I've long been of the opinion that there's a certain type of player who if you sign when you get promoted to the Premier League it means you're odds on to be doomed. Don't ask me why but the following players give me this feeling:

Carlton Cole
Stephen Hunt
Wayne Bridge
Peter Crouch
Jermaine Jenas
Matthew Upson
Steve Sidwell
Kevin Doyle

There are others but I can't remember them right now.
I would be more than happy to get (right money of course!!!) Sidwell and Crouch?
Old 22-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Ale Enthusiast

Absolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAbsolution : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
241 appearances in the Premiership, 44 goals.
43 appearances in the Championship, 15 goals.

Not exactly a great record.
Old 22-05-2013, 11:50 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution
241 appearances in the Premiership, 44 goals.
43 appearances in the Championship, 15 goals.

Not exactly a great record.
Problem with looking at stats in isolation is they take no account of the circumstances. Look at Murray's record last year, 6 in 37 and you'd think he was a god awful player

FWIW I wouldn't be against Cole to us, but I don't think we should be paying him 35 grand a week.
Old 22-05-2013, 12:00 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I wouldn’t be adverse if he was being used as a one of 2 up front cos he’s a bit of a beast.

I don’t know why someone said he was a bit of c-unit… He’s always come across as a decent bloke from the people I know who’ve met him.
Old 22-05-2013, 12:05 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
He is from Croydon as well so it might tempt him to play for us.
Old 22-05-2013, 12:09 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
If we went up then i am not sure he is what we need.

If we do not go up however....

1 in 3 record in the Championship, some of them maybe sup appearances, and we need a willing runner who will do the role Murray has this season.

How much he would want to be paid will determine where if anywhere he goes this summer but given he is being released from a mid table Prem side he will IMO be lucky to find a Prem League club to take him on next year.
Old 22-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Basil Fawlty

Jay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJay_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
no no and double no!

Dallas cowboys fan.
You shouldn't drink on a empty head.
Friday Night Lights, the best book/TV show/Film combo ever!

follow me on Twitter HarlingJ add me!
Old 22-05-2013, 05:44 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle
yeah - we are going to pay a journeyman striker £40k PW if we get to the Premiership?? Get a life journo's

I'd want the player to be better than Wilf to be worth £40k a week. Carlton Cole is worth £15k tops. Honestly, what is the point of selling our top talent and replacing it with journeyman dross for the same money?

Last edited by glaziers fan; 22-05-2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 22-05-2013, 05:58 PM

Jon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is hereJon_C-Pal Sam the man is here
What mad man looked at Carlton cold playing football and said " yes I will pay this man £40,000 a week " ??? Crazy, he truely is shit. Shouldn't be anywhere near the prem or the championship for that matter.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:46 AM

ChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChrissyN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wouldn't touch him with yours
Old 23-05-2013, 01:19 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
If he was still under contract and the story was:

Palace interested in £1m bid for Cole - with a reported wage of 20k for a season in Premiership... would you all still be so against it???

Personally not so much! In fact I don't think I would be in the Championship either! Main difference likely being he will end up at a Premier club and anything above a year will no doubt be his choice.
Old 23-05-2013, 03:25 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
- Too old
- Too injury prone
- Too high wages

See Andrew Johnson.

No thankss.
Old 23-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Registered abuser

HorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHorshamEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Add Kieran Dyer.

With fear of the wrath of the BBS, IF we get promoted we will need a four strong strike force minimum, at the moment we have two potentials - Carlton Cole could be a good addition at a reasonable price. Not long ago he was playing for our country - can't be that bad.

Other options are to get someone like Darren Bent, but that would cost even more.

Alternatively (most likely) IH would try to pull in a decent untried player or two like he did with Taylor-Fletcher, but for every one of these that cut it there are more that don't (Sandor Torghelle!)

I'm sure these threads will run and run if we win Monday...
Old 23-05-2013, 06:54 AM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Please. God. No.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
BookFace
Gamertag: II BARNEY G II
Old 23-05-2013, 07:29 AM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelbrag
What we fans must come to terms with is the fact should we reach the premership, then weekly wages in the region of 25k to 35k if not more, is what we will be expected to pay to attract the quality of players needed to survive in that league.
Sorry but thats bollocks. There is no correlation between wages paid and quality of footballer received. Would far rather we stuck with who we have, who have got us promoted, and added the best talent from the championship to boost the squad. Signing journeymen on 40k a week is exactly the way not to go, unless you want to piss the 120 million against the wall.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 23-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is herePsychokiller Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorshamEagle
Carlton Cole could be a good addition at a reasonable price. Not long ago he was playing for our country - can't be that bad.
Two words - Michael Ricketts
Old 23-05-2013, 07:57 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy!
If he was still under contract and the story was:

Palace interested in £1m bid for Cole - with a reported wage of 20k for a season in Premiership... would you all still be so against it???

Personally not so much! In fact I don't think I would be in the Championship either! Main difference likely being he will end up at a Premier club and anything above a year will no doubt be his choice.
No, because for 40k a week there are some seriously good loans we should be able to attract. (2 players for that money).
Old 23-05-2013, 08:02 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Cardiff or Hull are just the sort to spunk £40k/week on him.
Old 23-05-2013, 08:12 AM

ChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineChickenDipper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No thanks, please not carlton cole.

Darren bent is worth a chance if we go up though, providing he doesn't want ridiculous wages