Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speporoni View Post
You can't really compare the two .. Chamackh hasn't really been given a chance in the premier league. Bent has played roughly 400 games in the premier league where as chamackhs played 40.
He doesn't really score in the French league either though does he
Old 05-08-2013, 06:53 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
I think this is the sort of sigining that would give us a realistic chance of staying up. However, I cannot see this happening. 5m fee for a 29 year old and then 50K per week. If only Newcastle were in for him then maybe the argument could be made he will take a wage drop to head south but Fulham want him as well. I would guess this is his agent putting another name into the press to use as leverage with negotiation.
5M for a proven premier league goalscorer is good value, its his wages that are the issue and its claimed he is on around 80K a week. Think you right about his agent drumming interest though, can't see him coming here
Old 05-08-2013, 06:58 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No ta. 3 yrs ago like a shot, now overpaid and over the hill.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:09 AM
selhurst massive

eagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
SP said on the SSN92 thing that players have to be right for the club & be willing to "Die for the club" & have the right attitude.

DB knows where the goal is, thats a given & not in doubt, but having to rely on his attitude when the going gets tough,which is going to happen this season, is the reason IMHO, he would be to much of a risk for us.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:20 AM

Billy Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBilly Gilbert : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If we were unwilling to match Carlton Cole's wage demands, we've no chance of signing Darren Bent.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:24 AM
It's all in the game

gamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgamesmeister came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVFC_Lion View Post
Hi, i seen a couple of people asking what had happened to Bent at Villa and thought i'd have a go at it. I noticed one person wrote that Bent had been flop at Villa, but it's not really that simple.

When he first signed he was brilliant for us, he even scored on his debut in a 1-0 over Man City and 2 goals in a 2-1 win against Arsenal. He was one of the main reasons we ended up staying up that season and eventually finished 9th, with some people even going as far as saying "he kept us up".
In total that season, Bent scored 20 goals in all competitions, 9 for us and 11 for Sunderland, in 39 appearances.

The following season was the one with McLeish in charge. He had a good preseason, scored 9 goals in the league (+1 in the cup) until he got injured in February. Even so, Bent was our top-scorer that season. He was also in the England set-up until then and was in-line for a place in the Euro 2012 squad until the injury.

Last season Bent was even given the captain's armband at one point early in the season. But why did Bent lose his place in the team? Answer: Christian Benteke. Once Benteke had found his feet, Bent was resigned to the bench. He scored 6 goals in 23 appearances, a fair few of those were from the bench as well.

It's still unknown about whether any of the add-on fees were triggered or if that was part of the reason for him being left-out.
Many people saying he doesn't fit into Lambert's style and whereas a player like Benteke works harder for the team upfront. Villa have been playing with one centre-forward and two wide forwards, Bent can only really play centre-forward and wouldn't be able to play the wide roles like Agbonlahor and Weimann do.

This time last summer the majority of Villa fans wouldn't had wanted Bent to be sold (unless it was for a big fee i suppose) and was probably still seen as our top player. It's strange how quickly things can change.

According to the media Bent is desperate to leave after being frozen out, so i can assume he'd be willing to take a significant pay-cut and possibly give himself a chance of getting back in the England team as well.
Thanks for the insight AVFC, I can't see him being interested in coming to a smaller club like ours but you never know...
Old 05-08-2013, 07:25 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle69 View Post
SP said on the SSN92 thing that players have to be right for the club & be willing to "Die for the club" & have the right attitude.
He did but we also signed Dobbie and Dindane. Tried to sign Odemwinge and Cole. Might be signing Chamakh. So who knows!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:50 AM

hoskingt is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landhoskingt is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landhoskingt is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landhoskingt is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landhoskingt is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landhoskingt is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landhoskingt is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landhoskingt is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landhoskingt is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landhoskingt is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landhoskingt is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
He did but we also signed Dobbie and Dindane. Tried to sign Odemwinge and Cole. Might be signing Chamakh. So who knows!
Dobbie? What's wrong with his attitude?

"If you show enough houses, you learn all the tricks. Every realtor is just a ninja with a blazer. The average burglar breaks in and leaves clues all over the place, but not me. I'm completely clueless."
Old 05-08-2013, 08:02 AM

cp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecp eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
From what Ive heard he would rather be playing in London but the Mirror story about us being the front runners is crap. He wants to move to Fulham but we our being used as bait so Fulham get there finger out and agree a fee.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:06 AM
Just living my life

nathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnathe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydnsteve View Post
No ta. 3 yrs ago like a shot, now overpaid and over the hill.

If 29 is over the hill i must be ready for the knackers yard and Kvin Phillipd would have been put down long ago.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:14 AM

Mr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm surprised by all of the haters re Chamakh and Bent.. I find it a mouthwatering prospect having Chamakh, Bent and Gayle in the Palace squad. With Murray back in the New Year, I feel that sort of strike force would give us a good chance of staying up.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:17 AM
How The West Was Won

Hazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Considering the formation we look to be playing, would Bent even fit? He's always looked best leading the line on his own. Not sure bringing others into play is his strong suit. Chamakh is a much better fit.

That said, he is as close to a guaranteed 15 goals as we're ever going to get.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
If we signed Bent and Chamakh, which 60k per week striker would get left on the bench in a 4-3-3.

Neither of them are suited to play either side, they'd both be ideal through the middle.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
If we signed Bent and Chamakh, which 60k per week striker would get left on the bench in a 4-3-3.

Neither of them are suited to play either side, they'd both be ideal through the middle.
Bent could play out wide, I think we'd see the wide players being the full backs.

The tactics that didn't work with last years team in Jan/Feb etc, should work with this year's team.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:21 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Gilbert View Post
If we were unwilling to match Carlton Cole's wage demands, we've no chance of signing Darren Bent.
Expect Bent is a much better striker than Cole and maybe worth the wages he's asking for?
Old 05-08-2013, 08:22 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Lot of villa fans say he wants first team football and would be willing to drop wages, as by how much n if we could afford him I don't know
Old 05-08-2013, 08:26 AM

davematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdavematt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If he's available at a price which we can afford, then we would be stupid to not go for it.

He scores goals and last time I checked, goals win you football matches and winning football matches keep you in the Premier League.

Its a no brainer for me.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:29 AM

ANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietANDYEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesmeister View Post
Thanks for the insight AVFC, I can't see him being interested in coming to a smaller club like ours but you never know...
Would you say Fulham are a big club then? More established yes.

These days it is more to do with the money. If we paid Bent his 50k a week he would come. Non starter this one for me.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Goldmember

KungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKungFuCharlie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp eagles View Post
From what Ive heard he would rather be playing in London but the Mirror story about us being the front runners is crap. He wants to move to Fulham but we our being used as bait so Fulham get there finger out and agree a fee.
Sounds about right.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:41 AM

Soarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
Are you insane?