Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 29-07-2013, 08:35 AM

Pikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is herePikie Punisher Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE7
7;11182720
Look at the way Brighton pub fans slagged of Fletcher, until the papers told them he was good.
EFA.
"That’s the problem with these pre-planned celebrations. You can send out the invitations, arrange the play list, tailor the entire occasion for your guest of honour and it can still all fall flat. Crystal Palace are the worst kind of people to invite to share your revelry."
Old 29-07-2013, 08:37 AM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
It's not me that's obsessed with nationality, it's 99% of people in football.

Look at the way Man Utd pub fans slagged of Fletcher, until the papers told them he was good.

It's the same with a lot of our fans. Elmander and Chamakh are considered decent signings, but the unfashionabe Cartlon Cole was met with general derision.
but Carlton Cole as a name is actually a good name, it's more his limited touch and finishing ability, for 40k aweek which worried people

I think most would rather good old english name Charlie Austin than Chamakh, as he is young with a strong scoring record.

Naff all to do with the name imo
Old 29-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Lost in the Pine Barrens

Paulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaulie Walnuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A 5 month loan with Arsenal paying 2/3rds of his wages makes sense. It covers us till Muzza gets back, Arsenal have him playing regularly rather than warming their bench and if he scores a few they can demand a half decent fee in the January window from a club that can afford his wage demands.

Last edited by Paulie Walnuts; 29-07-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 29-07-2013, 08:41 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Like that Foreigner Darren Ambrose I guess

What a load of shit he was......
Do you actually know what you are talking about? Or do you just criticise me at any opportunity because unlike most people I didn't take a week off in mourning when we sold Ambrose?
Old 29-07-2013, 08:44 AM

JB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJB's ghost : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It is no shame to fail at Arsenal. The expectations are ridiculously high. He played a lot and well at first and then after about 4/5 months mysteriously lost his edge and hardly played again. Arsenal have had several players who were notorously over paid and who they have been trying to get rid of for ages and indeed at last most of them have left this summer. I cannot believe Arsenal would expect us to pay even half of his reported wages. He could be great for us - but not in the team that turned up last Saturday. We need to work on linking the midfield with the attack better.
Old 29-07-2013, 08:44 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
but Carlton Cole as a name is actually a good name, it's more his limited touch and finishing ability, for 40k aweek which worried people

I think most would rather good old english name Charlie Austin than Chamakh, as he is young with a strong scoring record.

Naff all to do with the name imo
But for some reason it doesn't bother people that Chamkh has not proven to be great in these areas either, but people are already drawing up wage pstructures and potential 'option to buy' clauses.
Old 29-07-2013, 08:46 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Would be a very good signing. I'd prefer Elmander, though.
Old 29-07-2013, 08:53 AM

FromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
But for some reason it doesn't bother people that Chamkh has not proven to be great in these areas either, but people are already drawing up wage pstructures and potential 'option to buy' clauses.
His effort would be off most concern.
Old 29-07-2013, 08:54 AM

FromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFromSelhurst : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnuts View Post
A 5 month loan with Arsenal paying 2/3rds of his wages makes sense. It covers us till Muzza gets back, Arsenal have him playing regularly rather than warming their bench and if he scores a few they can demand a half decent fee in the January window from a club that can afford his wage demands.
I think its wrong to assume Murray will come back in January, we shouldnt really plan to see Murray at all this season. If we do its a bonus.
Old 29-07-2013, 08:55 AM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
He was class during his first season at Arsenal, that form never returned. My Arsenal mate is dying for us to take him off of their wage bill, says that he is an incredibly lazy player who plays with no passion or pride. No thanks
Old 29-07-2013, 08:56 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Working on an assumption that Murray will be back around January......

Chamakh even paying all his wages would represent a £1.7m outlay for that period.

If we then signed him given his final year of contract and Arsenal wanting rid, it would only be if he was proving his ability and the fee would be low, and we might get his wages down a bit.

Signing Austin would involve a fee of £3-4m plus wages, probably around £20k+ a week on a 4 year deal. If he does have an underlying issue that will rule him out for large parts is he value for money when the package will cost you £7-8m?
Old 29-07-2013, 08:56 AM

kestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've got a cab driving Arsenal fan in my road and he has an off the pitch story (he tells me its first hand but who knows) about why this guy lost his form so badly. Can't repeat it on here but if true I can see why it would have distracted him. Its no Marlon King story and wouldn't neccesarily put me off having him at my club if he scored the goals but would certainly explain why his confidence went.
Old 29-07-2013, 08:57 AM

dowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is heredowieslovechild Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestoneagle View Post
I've got a cab driving Arsenal fan in my road and he has an off the pitch story (he tells me its first hand but who knows) about why this guy lost his form so badly. Can't repeat it on here but if true I can see why it would have distracted him. Its no Marlon King story and wouldn't neccesarily put me off having him at my club if he scored the goals but would certainly explain why his confidence went.
Did SC bum rape him in the changing rooms?
Old 29-07-2013, 08:58 AM

Speporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would love this
Old 29-07-2013, 08:59 AM

Speporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSpeporoni : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
That's signing chamackh not the sol Campbell bit ...
Old 29-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dowieslovechild View Post
He was class during his first season at Arsenal, that form never returned. My Arsenal mate is dying for us to take him off of their wage bill, says that he is an incredibly lazy player who plays with no passion or pride. No thanks
He scored eight goals in his first season.

In fact, his record at Bordeux was only around 1/5...
Old 29-07-2013, 09:02 AM

Rasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Would be a very good signing
WRONG unless we are looking for another forward that can't find the net, in which case Yay Chamakh
Old 29-07-2013, 09:03 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I can't help thinking there is no reason why i should not want Chamakh. However if it were Hull or Cardiff potentially making this addition i would certainly not be jealous. He probably isn't as bad as his form at arsenal appears but I cannot see him making sufficient difference to our chances to warrant the spend.
Old 29-07-2013, 09:04 AM

Quote:

Apologies then,he looked class, but has gone missing for the last two or three seasons.

Go lower leagues or abroad and pick out one who scores every week. Having a 'potential' to score goals is not what we need. Failing that, I'm off down to the local park to practice keepy-ups, in the hope that Holloway might spot me. I'll even break a leg if I have to, as he seems to have a liking for the injured ones.

Jordan Rhodes please. Be brave and take a gamble. Scores every week. We've not spent a great deal so far, so jump in and make a splash.

Last edited by dowieslovechild; 29-07-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 29-07-2013, 09:06 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:

That is 8 goals a season. Who would you fancy in our team to hit double figures for the season?
Closed Thread