Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2013, 03:45 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
He really is a very good striker, just not quite as good as he thinks but people grow up. Especially footballers. Look at anelka, king prick when he was young, now a model pro.

Signing him if we can't get bent?!?!? Wtf?!? Us?? How can you not be happy with him as our plan b? Our plan b is a quality player! A week ago lots were moaning about our plan a being crap.
Old 14-08-2013, 03:46 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Joe Paxton View Post
Bit of a red herring I reckon...
I also suspect its mostly this... Poker, you know guys we have other more reasonable options so you might as well let us have bent cheap or you're stuck with him
Old 14-08-2013, 06:30 AM
The Sun Is Often Out

Trist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for youTrist is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
I also suspect its mostly this... Poker, you know guys we have other more reasonable options so you might as well let us have bent cheap or you're stuck with him
Make sense, but if his attitude is right and he's willing to knuckle down to rebuild his reputation and career then it would be a great signing with a really decent chance of a sell on fee in the future.
Old 14-08-2013, 06:41 AM
Supporting CPFC 2010

Big-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
FFS i will be glad when the transfer window closes...............all this cobblers is doing my nut in!
Old 14-08-2013, 06:53 AM

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
He really is a very good striker, just not quite as good as he thinks but people grow up. Especially footballers. Look at anelka, king prick when he was young, now a model pro.
I agree with this.

Not sure Bendtner has quite 'matured' fully yet, but it'll happen at some point. When it does, a committed Bendter suddenly becomes a top, top player.

It would be nice if it was with us. He offers something different to Bent who, goalscorer supreme, is a bit more one-dimensional.

Would have thought though, that he and Chamakh were fairly similar in style? Those two as inside forwards, with the pace of Gayle running through the middle. Gosh. I have visions of it being like having two Shipps up top with AJ.

They score three, we score four, etc, etc.
Old 14-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Double post.

Last edited by CPFC_DAVE77; 14-08-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 14-08-2013, 07:53 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
Honestly, if you can't see that with his head screwed on Bendtner is a good footballer, then you must have something wrong with you or a very limited knowledge of the game. The distortion of players on here is mental, and I think many of our fans have the same perspective and attitude to players that we condemn the SkySports glory hunters for.

There are threads in this forum suggesting that if Jedinak has a good four months, a Champions League club might want him. The majority have suggested that Parr will adapt to life in the Prem with ease, despite the fact that when he played last year he put in league one performances (unfortunately, as Parr seems a lovely bloke). Conversely, the consensus on this thread is that Bendtner is not good enough to get into our side? It's mental.

Bendtner has acted like a cock. Some of his actions and elements of his attitude are not palatable, but don’t forget, he was an Arsenal and Denmark regular, earning upwards of 50k p/w from the age of 18/19 and being linked with the likes of AC Milan, Bayern Munchen and Barcelona. Perhaps some BBSers who have condemned him would have a slightly inflated opinion of themselves were they lauded to such a degree.

Following the collapse of his move to Germany, he has a relatively short length of time to put his Arsenal hell behind him. He will be seeking a club that can offer him game time and a stage upon which to showcase the undoubted ability that he has. It is not an overstatement to suggest that for two-three years he has carried his national team, which really should be enough to convince people that he has something about him.

I can understand people not liking Nicklas Bendtner the person (from what they see in the tabloids), I can understand people suggesting he could cause some unrest in the squad if he had a bad attitude, and I can understand those questioning the financial considerations. But I find it truly baffling that a collective group of football fans can consensually agree that we need another striker, and then categorically suggest that Bendtner is not a good enough a footballer to play for us. It beggars belief. He has scored 22 goals in 55 appearances for a mediocre Danish side, FFS.

Last edited by CPFC_DAVE77; 14-08-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old 14-08-2013, 08:33 AM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer selhurstparkflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Griff View Post
FFS i will be glad when the transfer window closes...............all this cobblers is doing my nut in!
This
Old 14-08-2013, 08:34 AM

cpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is herecpfcfan1 Sam the man is here
Bedntner is mire realistic than bent in all honesty
Old 14-08-2013, 08:43 AM
Cherries' Grotto Drinker

nottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenottsunieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think this would be a far more astute signing than Bent (though I'd love Bent at the club). Reasonable fee, young, build play around him. Good signing.

http://www.justgiving.com/allan-williams3
Old 14-08-2013, 08:48 AM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Are we really suggesting that a guy who has scored 20 odd goals for Denmark in 50 games, isn't good enough for our squad?

I agree he isn't good enough for Arsenal, but they have completely different aims that we do.
Old 14-08-2013, 09:25 AM

kestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
Are we really suggesting that a guy who has scored 20 odd goals for Denmark in 50 games, isn't good enough for our squad?

I agree he isn't good enough for Arsenal, but they have completely different aims that we do.
^^^^^^^^^

This!
Old 14-08-2013, 09:26 AM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was he good enough at Sunderland ?
Old 14-08-2013, 09:33 AM
How The West Was Won

Hazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHazzacpfc : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Would be ecstatically happy with either Bent or Bendtner. Such good strikers for a club of our stature.

Couldn't agree more with CPFC_DAVE77: anyone who can't see that these two are lightyears ahead of anything we have in the squad obviously hasn't seen them play much.
Old 14-08-2013, 09:37 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Why keep looking at his Denmark record when we all know that half of the games in Euro qualifying groups are against the likes of San Marino and Albania.

Look at his record in the top division for bigger clubs than us. Why do you think Arsenal can't get rid of him. Nobody wants him. Even Sunderland fans are split opinion on him and he did pretty well there. A number of them say he had trouble getting in the opposition box...

He has history too. Arrested for drink driving, arrested for damaging cars with Cattermole, arrested for fighting in a hotel... and people think I'm mad for not wanting him anywhere near our club?

He really is the type of Premier League player we don't want mixing with our young squad. He is poison. He certainly isn't the type of player who would die for the cause.
Old 14-08-2013, 09:39 AM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
Good post Dave. Spot on.
Old 14-08-2013, 09:48 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC_DAVE77 View Post
Honestly, if you can't see that with his head screwed on Bendtner is a good footballer, then you must have something wrong with you or a very limited knowledge of the game. The distortion of players on here is mental, and I think many of our fans have the same perspective and attitude to players that we condemn the SkySports glory hunters for.

There are threads in this forum suggesting that if Jedinak has a good four months, a Champions League club might want him. The majority have suggested that Parr will adapt to life in the Prem with ease, despite the fact that when he played last year he put in league one performances (unfortunately, as Parr seems a lovely bloke). Conversely, the consensus on this thread is that Bendtner is not good enough to get into our side? It's mental.

Bendtner has acted like a cock. Some of his actions and elements of his attitude are not palatable, but don’t forget, he was an Arsenal and Denmark regular, earning upwards of 50k p/w from the age of 18/19 and being linked with the likes of AC Milan, Bayern Munchen and Barcelona. Perhaps some BBSers who have condemned him would have a slightly inflated opinion of themselves were they lauded to such a degree.

Following the collapse of his move to Germany, he has a relatively short length of time to put his Arsenal hell behind him. He will be seeking a club that can offer him game time and a stage upon which to showcase the undoubted ability that he has. It is not an overstatement to suggest that for two-three years he has carried his national team, which really should be enough to convince people that he has something about him.

I can understand people not liking Nicklas Bendtner the person (from what they see in the tabloids), I can understand people suggesting he could cause some unrest in the squad if he had a bad attitude, and I can understand those questioning the financial considerations. But I find it truly baffling that a collective group of football fans can consensually agree that we need another striker, and then categorically suggest that Bendtner is not a good enough a footballer to play for us. It beggars belief. He has scored 22 goals in 55 appearances for a mediocre Danish side, FFS.
It's a well-written post, but I don't think we are all in agreement that we need a striker! I would prefer us to get a winger, and possibly a defensive midfielder as we already have Chamakh, Gayle and KP with Murray to return as well. On the wing we have Grandin, Thomas and Bolasie - nowhere near enough talent. Others are clamouring for a centre back, which again I understand.

Whilst I stuck up for Jedinak getting a new contract, on another thread, I don't think anyone is suggesting he will go to a Champions League Club. But I would be amazed if he didn't go to a club like Everton at the end of the season. Technically he's not the best, but he's ok and he has several attributes we have not seen in a Palace midfielder (best block tackler, and best in the air) for the last 20 years. Parr may well struggle - his passing is technically not up to scratch - but with a modicum of pace he has more of a chance than Moxey who will be given the runaround. I wouldn't advocate signing a left back because I have high hopes for Jerome Williams in a year or so.

As for Bendner you're spot on. I have no idea how you would fit Bendtner, Murray and Chamakh in the same team but in terms of raw talent NB is a top quality player.
Old 14-08-2013, 09:52 AM

Sceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is hereSceagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
Why keep looking at his Denmark record when we all know that half of the games in Euro qualifying groups are against the likes of San Marino and Albania.

Look at his record in the top division for bigger clubs than us. Why do you think Arsenal can't get rid of him. Nobody wants him. Even Sunderland fans are split opinion on him and he did pretty well there. A number of them say he had trouble getting in the opposition box...

He has history too. Arrested for drink driving, arrested for damaging cars with Cattermole, arrested for fighting in a hotel... and people think I'm mad for not wanting him anywhere near our club?

He really is the type of Premier League player we don't want mixing with our young squad. He is poison. He certainly isn't the type of player who would die for the cause.
He scored two against Portugal off the top of my head. Oh and he scored against Barcelona in the Champions League. He's shit though...
Old 14-08-2013, 10:06 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Could not get a place at Sunderland. Cannot get in Arse team. He really is not the Messiah. And he probably still is a very naughty boy.
Old 14-08-2013, 10:14 AM

Thedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThedane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omen View Post
You would do yourself a favour doing a little bit of research before writing such utter nonsense.

But for your information his international goals have been against:
Portugal (6), Poland (1), Germany (1), Czech Republic (1), Brazil (1), Cameroon (1), Sweden (1), Austria (1), Bulgaria (1), Norway (2), Finland (1), Iceland (1), Slovenia (1), Northern Ireland (1), Albania (1) and Turkey (1).

Most of them have been scored in Qualifiers or Final Round matches in Euro or World Cups.

Yes, he is SH..! Surely not good enough for our first team........

Of course I agree that he has a lot of off field issues, including attitude problems, to tackle before he can get back on track, but to suggest he is not good enough footballing wise is mental. When committed and injury free he is top class.

Thank you for your brilliant post, Dave.

Last edited by Thedane; 14-08-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Closed Thread