Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 31-08-2014, 01:35 PM

UEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's never the right time...

It wasn't in 12/13 as we were going for promotion.

It wasn't last year as we were battling to stay up.

It isn't this year as we will be battling to stay up.

It won't be next year as we'll be battling to stay up/going for promotion.

If a player like JBW can't even be the third choice left-back, or Boateng a 3rd/4th choice defensive midfielder, you might as well close the academy.

For every player that might struggle, another will take to it like a duck to water and become a regular.

We wonder why England are so shit, yet are too cautious to play our talented youngsters...
Old 31-08-2014, 01:38 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Would give my left bollock for Wickham and Cork.
Old 31-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Banned by Moderators

SirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSirPulis : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEAgle View Post
It's never the right time...

It wasn't in 12/13 as we were going for promotion.

It wasn't last year as we were battling to stay up.

It isn't this year as we will be battling to stay up.

It won't be next year as we'll be battling to stay up/going for promotion.

If a player like JBW can't even be the third choice left-back, or Boateng a 3rd/4th choice defensive midfielder, you might as well close the academy.

For every player that might struggle, another will take to it like a duck to water and become a regular.

We wonder why England are so shit, yet are too cautious to play our talented youngsters...
Boateng struggled in League 1 and JBW looked very poor pre seasons. No defensive ability whatsoever. The only player I would like around the squad is Jake Gray.
Old 31-08-2014, 01:41 PM

mikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemikeywm3 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
For any yanks like myself on this board, NBCSN will again have a deadline day special:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-08-2014, 01:47 PM

UEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPulis View Post
Boateng struggled in League 1 and JBW looked very poor pre seasons. No defensive ability whatsoever. The only player I would like around the squad is Jake Gray.
Boateng hardly played, under a manager who is hardly proactive with youth. I'd rather judge him on his performances for the Development squad and his excellent first-team showings against Stoke and WBA.

It's incredibly harsh to say JBW was very poor. Defence isn't currently his strong point, but it's not as bad as you make out. He's a good player, who performed well last Tuesday.

Besides, they were only illustrative examples anyway - why buy a squad filler fourth winger or fourth DM or third LB when you have Boateng, Gray, Sow, JBW et al?
Old 31-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I never understand why clubs don't do business over the weekend? I suppose the FA is closed for business, but that shouldn't stop teams agreeing a deal and doing medicals etc..
Old 31-08-2014, 02:06 PM
My Name Isn't Jono

Jono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJono14 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Amazing out we went years signing jack shit on deadline day and now we're a massive player in it. Tomorow will be manic.
Old 31-08-2014, 03:08 PM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looks like we are gonna be waiting until midnight on deadline day again at this rate..
Old 31-08-2014, 03:10 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
what I would like is: 1 CB, 1 CM and 2 LBs

what I think we will get is 1 CM 1 LB on loan
what do you think we need?

For me, a centre mid (cover/competition for Ledley) and a left back (cover/competition) for Ward. With Kelly and Ward able to play a number of positions I'm not sure we need anything else. So if we were to sign a CM and loan a LB I'd be happy with our chances.
Old 31-08-2014, 03:13 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono14 View Post
Amazing out we went years signing jack shit on deadline day and now we're a massive player in it. Tomorow will be manic.
Actually, I have noticed we no longer get linked with Jack Shit, or the chinese star Fookin Nowan. How times have changed
Old 31-08-2014, 03:13 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
LB, CM, CF, CB in that order.
Old 31-08-2014, 03:16 PM
CPFC

pumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepumaspalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We desperately need a solid LB, a CM and at a lesser prioirty a CB and a striker.

Ramage, Garvan and Kebe all to go on loan or otherwise I suspect.
Old 31-08-2014, 03:30 PM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pretty straightforward for me.

In: LB, CB, CM, CF.

Out: Ramage, McCarthy, Kebe, Garvan, O'Keefe,

What isn't so straightforward:

Jury Out: Thomas (what has he shown in pre-season), Murray (doesn't fit into out style of play), Bannan (does NW rate him and where does he fit in), Williams (ditto), Guadi what's his name.

The devil in me is really looking forward to tomorrow evening !!
Old 31-08-2014, 03:40 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
I reckon:

LB - Fryers (loan)
CB - Bassong from Norwich
CM - McArthur for 5-7m
CF - Hooper from Norwich

LB and CM are priorities, CB and CF are for cover. I can't see us splashing out big money on a star striker at this point in time. In fact I think we need cover on the wings more desperately.

If we can get Fryers on a permanent deal I'd try to get a versatile attacking loan player, either Powell from United or Sinclair from City. If we can't get a striker in, Murray is still very effective and intelligent with fast players buzzing around him.
Old 31-08-2014, 03:42 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
I reckon:

LB - Fryers (loan)
CB - Bassong from Norwich
CM - McArthur for 5-7m
CF - Hooper from Norwich

LB and CM are priorities, CB and CF are for cover. I can't see us splashing out big money on a star striker at this point in time. In fact I think we need cover on the wings more desperately.

If we can get Fryers on a permanent deal I'd try to get a versatile attacking loan player, either Powell from United or Sinclair from City. If we can't get a striker in, Murray is still very effective and intelligent with fast players buzzing around him.

I think you won't be far wrong. I do thing there will be a surprise signing aswel that nobody knows about
Old 31-08-2014, 03:57 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders View Post
Cheeky bid for Cameron Jerome perhaps?
Gone to Norwich.
Old 31-08-2014, 04:01 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Think McArthur will go elsewhere, not sure we will stump up the cash. There will no doubt be a surprise signing.
Old 31-08-2014, 04:03 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
Would give my left bollock for Wickham and Cork.
So would I. Your left bollock, that is.
Old 31-08-2014, 04:05 PM

Soarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm praying we get at least one left back. Will be so disappointing that we get rid of Moxey and Parr and don't replace them.
Old 31-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
Surprised we didn't sign anyone today. Was almost sure we were going to get some done before the mad rush tomorrow. Clearly not. 4 or 5 incoming on one day otherwise there'll be a hell of a lot of disappointment.

Follow me on http://http://twitter.com/RyWalCP