Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 31-08-2014, 07:19 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I feel it's absolutely crucial not to flood the squad with new faces. It's all about the squad, and they should be trusted to keep the team Spirit. What we are really looking for is 2 good quality players per position:

---------------------------SPERONI------------------------------
--------------------------hennessey-----------------------------

KELLY-----------DANN----------------DELANEY---------WARD
mariappa------hangeland--------------paddy-----------??????

-----------------JEDINAK--------------LEDLEY-------------------
-----------------???????---------------???????-------------------

PUNCHEON-------------CHAMAKH---------------------ZAHA
bolasie-------------------campbell----------------------joniesta

----------------------------GAYLE------------------------------------
---------------------------murray------------------------------------

Obviously the likes of ramage, garvan, thomas and kebe are finished at this club.
I think we can definitely add Guedioura to the list, and probably Bannan - if ever they were to get a chance with Ledley and O'keefe out it was yesterday. I don't think O'keefe will be retained either. So leaving I would expect to see:

Ramage
Garvan
Bannan
O'keefe
Guedioura
thomas
kebe

So, if it was me, I'd be looking at signing:

1) A young left-back as first priority - Zeki Fryers seems to fit the bill. Although, even after signing him, I wouldn't necessarily guarantee him the spot, so that's why I'd like someone young, with potential. I'd keep with the Delaney and Dann partnership, and I think Kelly is a brilliant signing who should be given a chance to secure the right back berth, which means Ward at left back. Not ideal, but unless a top class left back comes available allowing Ward to displace Kelly at right back, the back 4 in capitals would be the best for the team.

2) Two central midfielders. A couple like Jack Cork, or James McArthur - although £7m, really? These guys needn't be better than Ledley, but need to be almost as good, and prepared to fight for their place. We have to remember that Ledley is a £5m player now, and should retain the shirt unless the guys coming in are better. Obviously I'd love Joniesta to be considered for one of these centre midfield slots, but I accept it's not going to happen.

So, in conclusion, I feel we need just 3 players, a left back and 2 central midfielders. I hope we don't flood the squad with average dross. We shall see.
Not a bad post there gf.

I agree with you that 2 players for each position is ample, especially with the amount of versatile players in the squad. However, I think we need to be including bannan and williams as central midfield options, either to make the central midfield more attacking by losing a defensive midfielder when we need to, or as cover for Chamakh. We have two very good right backs in ward and kelly, with the latter a perfect centre half option if we want to play them both.

I would like, if we are doing wishlists, two left backs, and a midfielder like ben watson. I'd be well happy with that, as I think it would make the left/right balance a little better.

Speroni, Hennessey

Ward, Mariappa
Kelly, Hangeland
Dann, Delaney
Left back, Left Back

Puncheon, Bolasie
Jedinak, Ledley
Williams, Bannan
Zaha, Thomas
Chamakh, Campbell
Gayle, Murray
New Midfielder

Thats 23, but gives us good cover for injuries and options for all types of opposition. I think we need to move out anyone else as they will need first team football which we can't offer them. If we have bad luck with injuries theres always January. We have made our signing of the summer already by getting Wilf back. Murray (and others), will thrive now imho.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 31-08-2014, 07:22 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Palace are 9/2 favourites with Man United to make the most signings on Transfer Deadline Day.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 31-08-2014, 07:26 PM

Dave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is hereDave Hedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynoeagle View Post
Surprised we didn't sign anyone today. Was almost sure we were going to get some done before the mad rush tomorrow. Clearly not. 4 or 5 incoming on one day otherwise there'll be a hell of a lot of disappointment.
The Sunday thing is nothing to do with bank/cash payments as far as I know, it's not like going to a shop where you pay at point of purchase, these are multi-million pound deals with long-term payment structures. Frankly it's a miracle that we can set up and complete these deals in a single day.

Chelsea's deal for Remy was confirmed today but completed yesterday. Same with Kagawa to Dortmund etc. Big clubs have the ability to do more than one thing at once (ie. buy players on match days) because they have huge commercial operations that are needed for the kinds of deals they do. We do not have that ability, simple as. A few years in the Prem and we might. As it is, and thanks to Moody's wankery, Parish and Warnock will be handling practical details of transfers personally/very hands on. Mourinho and Abramovic won't.

As for "disappointment", get real. Baying at the owners to throw millions at it is not that Palace way. We have a strong core squad with a distinct character, new signings need to be strategic rather than panicked. Balance is vital. Two first team players are better than four players for cover.

How can you be "disappointed" when we don't have a history of throwing money around??
Old 31-08-2014, 08:00 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
I actually like the thought of Parish and NW doing the deals. NW old school manager, and Parish who seems good at negotiating a good deal for the club.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:07 PM
SportsLobsters, mmm...

Quipton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineQuipton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineQuipton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineQuipton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineQuipton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineQuipton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineQuipton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineQuipton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineQuipton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineQuipton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineQuipton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Updated opening post with some rumoured signings, will be adding more through the night and into tomorrow.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:13 PM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quipton View Post
Updated opening post with some rumoured signings, will be adding more through the night and into tomorrow.
Top man!
Old 31-08-2014, 08:16 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Most concise and pretty opening page post ever.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:20 PM

SeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm a little surprised that so few people would want to look at our wing options - it's normally accepted that a side which plays wingers should have 4 in the squad.

In my opinion, we only have Puncheon, Bolasie and Zaha who are up to the standard required for our counter-attacking style. The trouble for me is that all 3 blow hot and cold - when they are good they are very very good, when they are bad they are anonymous.

I would still be looking at Redmond or someone similar if at all possible.

So, for me, the ideal scenario (probably costing c.£20m) would be:

LB (first choice) - ??
LB (backup)- Fryers
CM - McArthur
Wing - Redmond
ST - Wickham

But I would still be confident with just a good left back (don't know much about Fryers?) and a good CM.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:21 PM

SeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeaEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Good stuff, Quipton!

Old 31-08-2014, 08:21 PM

UEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUEAgle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We really, really don't need two new LBs.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:23 PM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynoeagle View Post
Surprised we didn't sign anyone today. Was almost sure we were going to get some done before the mad rush tomorrow. Clearly not. 4 or 5 incoming on one day otherwise there'll be a hell of a lot of disappointment.
Warnock said there would be nothing until "after the weekend" so that should be no surprise. Why expect 4 or 5? Warnock was talking 3 or 4 and one was Zaha. Two left backs and midfielder would be my guess.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:24 PM

SmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSmokeyStover7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEAgle View Post
I tend to agree. I would much rather 2 very high quality signings (LB and CDM) than 4 average ones. We have money to spend.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Can add FYP onto live updates, obviously we'll just be taking the rumours etc from the press, but still keeping people updated with everything.

www.itsoktotalk.wordpress.com

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 31-08-2014, 08:28 PM

FinEagle is singing out of tune but the beat's in time FinEagle is singing out of tune but the beat's in time FinEagle is singing out of tune but the beat's in time FinEagle is singing out of tune but the beat's in time FinEagle is singing out of tune but the beat's in time FinEagle is singing out of tune but the beat's in time FinEagle is singing out of tune but the beat's in time FinEagle is singing out of tune but the beat's in time FinEagle is singing out of tune but the beat's in time FinEagle is singing out of tune but the beat's in time FinEagle is singing out of tune but the beat's in time
We definitely need to be looking for at least one more LB.

I would like another winger too.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
That really depends on how Warnock sees the defence setting up.

I would see this as a strong backline, allowing Ward back to the right:

New LB - Dann - Kelly - Ward
Speroni

In that case, so as to allow less disruption, surely it's better to have a backup LB (Jerome Williams hasn't looked up to the defensive side pre-season imo) than to switch Ward as cover?

Hence the backup backline would be:

New Backup LB - Delaney - Hangeland - Mariappa
Hennessey

HOWEVER, I'd still be happy to have Ward at LB and Delaney in the middle, hence I'd still be confident if we only signed one LB:

Ward - Delaney - Dann - Kelly
Speroni

New LB - Hangeland - McCarthy - Mariappa
Hennessey
Old 31-08-2014, 08:34 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
We definitely need 1. I would like a younger back up too and loan Jerome Williams out to get first team experience. Delaney is the only left footed defender we have.

Pretty obvious really.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:34 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What with injuries already to key players, i am expecting a busy day tomorrow. We definitely need to add some depth
Old 31-08-2014, 08:35 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinEagle View Post
We definitely need to be looking for at least one more LB.

I would like another winger too.
Agree, but two would be ideal, plus another defensive midfielder (Diame), winger(Redmond would be great) and striker to compliment Gayle.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:37 PM
South Penge Massive

Quote:
When do you plan to sleep? Just so I can co-ordinate my sleep pattern with yours

Pretty obvious really.
Old 31-08-2014, 08:39 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietanti-addick came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What about Scott Sinclair? Is that too weak a rumour to include? It's mentioned in the McArthur report in the Daily Star