Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 07-12-2014, 11:13 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
We desperately need to sign a striker, let's not worry about who we may or may not drop to make way for him.
Exactly, and who knows, we may lose a player in the transfer window ourselves.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Doesn't answer my question.

Chamakh dropped away from home.

One of the other three dropped at home.

Need to score goals
Old 07-12-2014, 11:22 AM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
In my view we need to sign two strikers.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:22 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Ok, let's just spend money on a striker without first working out how he's going to fit into the team.

The only player I can see being dropped is Chamakh. Now the question is, would Gomis really be an upgrade on Chamakh?
Old 07-12-2014, 11:23 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_Palace View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Warnock's number 1 target in January according to the Sun.
Fee and wages combined would be too high , also Swansea lose Bony for January so cant see them letting Gomis go .
Old 07-12-2014, 11:24 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
Chamakh dropped away from home.

One of the other three dropped at home.

Need to score goals
Could work. But Gomis not starting in home games?

Only having one winger?
Old 07-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
We need more options up front, I could see Gomis performing the Jerome role from last season with a few goals added as well. If that means dropping Chamakh to the bench or dropping one of either Ledley or McArthur so he (Chamakh) can play in the hole then so be it. Just because we can't automatically see where a player is going to fit in doesn't mean we shouldn't sign him.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:36 AM
100% CPFC.

Quote:
We need more options up front, I could see Gomis performing the Jerome role from last season with a few goals added as well. If that means dropping Chamakh to the bench or dropping one of either Ledley or McArthur so he (Chamakh) can play in the hole then so be it. Just because we can't automatically see where a player is going to fit in doesn't mean we shouldn't sign him.
We can't break up "McJedley". That's going to be the key to our success this season. The only player I can see being dropped is Chamakh, which is why I keep asking whether Gomis would actually be an upgrade. As for your last point, that's why Holloway failed so badly. Clearly a lack of planning with his transfers.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:49 AM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
We can't break up "McJedley". That's going to be the key to our success this season. The only player I can see being dropped is Chamakh, which is why I keep asking whether Gomis would actually be an upgrade. As for your last point, that's why Holloway failed so badly. Clearly a lack of planning with his transfers.
Gomis would be another option if Chamakh was to get injured or we wanted to change things depending on who we were playing or how a game was going.

A question for you, do you think our current striking options are good enough and that we don't need to sign anyone?
Old 07-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
Quote:
Assume it'd be Gayle/Campbell for home games and a plan B for away games.

Follow me on http://http://twitter.com/RyWalCP
Old 07-12-2014, 11:53 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Bassett View Post
In my view we need to sign two strikers.

My view too
Old 07-12-2014, 11:56 AM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Gomis was good a few years ago,very average now.No better than we have for sure.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:00 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
I could see Gomis performing the Jerome role from last season with a few goals added as well. .
He hasn't got the pace.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:10 PM

Location: Penge and now it's got slightly trendy I tell people I live in Penge.
Justy C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can't believe I'm posting this...I think we should go hell for leather for Demba Ba.

There, I said it.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Could work. But Gomis not starting in home games?

Only having one winger?

One of the midfield 3. Or, Chamakh learns to shoot or doesn't play at all, if we stay with McJedley
Old 07-12-2014, 12:19 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post
Gomis was good a few years ago,very average now.No better than we have for sure.
He got 22 in 49 matches for Lyon last season which isn't too shabby. As you said in your other post he isn't the quickest of CFs but he's no slouch either IMO. I went to quite a few matches at Gerland last season and he definitely would be a step-up on Chamakh and Campbell. He's excellent in the lone striker's role 'cos he holds the ball up well and brings others into play. I'd love it if he came in January!
Old 07-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Under Fascist Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsick View Post

Other than Chamakh who isn't a striker anymore anyway, he's better than the other 2 by a marathon distance. And Gayle isn't all that either.

Parish ****ed this up in the summer by not going out and spending, because any team with an in-form striker isn't selling cheap, if at all.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:21 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Could have got him on a free in the summer if we didn't waste money on shit
Old 07-12-2014, 12:28 PM
100% CPFC.

Quote:
Gomis would be another option if Chamakh was to get injured or we wanted to change things depending on who we were playing or how a game was going.

A question for you, do you think our current striking options are good enough and that we don't need to sign anyone?
I don't think our current striking options are good enough, but, what's the point in paying all that money for Gomis if he isn't going to start? That's why we need to work out how he can fit into the team BEFORE signing him.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:28 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Could have got him on a free in the summer if we didn't waste money on shit
To be fair he was on silly wages over here.