Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 10:13 PM
Account disabled

racehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietracehorse-80s came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Gutted when he went but overjoyed now he's back , The Wilf needs to knuckle down and prove to the doubters and pricks at Old Trafford that he is a rare talent .
Old 03-02-2015, 11:22 PM

carter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is herecarter Sam the man is here
wow good news to come home to after having no phone or internet for 3 days!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:50 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
One thing i was really gutted about when Wilf left was the idea that Wilf was going to be sharing his magical skills on the training pitch with ManU players at all levels. The fact that he's back home for so long in and amongst our players and our young players teaching them how to properly skin a player is just fantastic.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:22 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
so what are the agreed maths on the Zaha deal then, for the purposes of mocking moan u fans?

eg. Thanks for giving us x million for effectively loaning you Zaha for a season
Old 04-02-2015, 11:53 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
so what are the agreed maths on the Zaha deal then, for the purposes of mocking moan u fans?

eg. Thanks for giving us x million for effectively loaning you Zaha for a season
Hard to say.

It appears they gave us 10m in transfer fees. Sounds like we lost the adds ons though that would have taken it up to 15m or so.

He was immediately loaned back to us and it was reportedly for free, but I would be quite surprised if there was not a clause there that said we paid them something if we got promoted. Maybe made whole his wages or something like that (as I seriously doubt we paid his Manchester United wages in the championship). Also there were exceptional items in the accounts related to promotion, so it wouldn't surpise me if that was in there somewhere.

We then paid them a loan fee for him this year, no idea what that was. I would imagine it was somewhere around the 2m mark though, maybe more. And I would expect we would have been paying his wages as well.

It's been reported we have paid 3m plus a potential 3m in add ons to complete the transfer. 3m upfront for Zaha is below his market value without question, so one would expect that any discount / refund we had on the annual loan fee as we only had him for half the season is reflected in the lower fee.

So in terms of actual monies from us we got 10m, we've paid at least 3m but probably at least 5m with the loan fee. It could go up to 8m with the add ons. Plus we may have paid a promotion fee or something.

Frankly it might even be that end up neutral on the whole thing. But........

1. That ignores inflation which has been mental in the last two years.
2. Zaha is a palace player!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Who the hell cares.

ps. also when you include the loan fee and wage relief the wanklers received from Cardiff I would imagine they probably won't end up losing money on all of this. The only people to who will definitely have lost money in the whole thing are Cardiff. Which makes me smile.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.

Last edited by Adlerhorst; 04-02-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:02 PM

TheCharmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTheCharmer : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pleased he's back. Good move all round. He's in the squad for me. Not in the starting 11.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:01 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Whatever the profit we have made the real value is dependent upon what he does now. Hopefully he realises his full potential with us now because that really would be valuable OR he does that and we have a very valuable player on our hands. The 5.5 year contract being a potential masterstroke.

The risk is that he does indeed continue to 'stop and start' where he shows us world class brilliance but only in cameos. We will still be thrilled by it but the club/manager needs consistent and sustained quality. I think he can do that but suspect it has more to do with his head than anything else. He always sounds a young 22 in his interviews and I suspect his natural confidence probably means he doesn't accept mentoring but that is all assertion rather than insight.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:51 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Welcome back Wilf.

I actually think it takes character to return to us, as there must have been a small fear that people will take the mick that his 'big move' didn't work out. In other circumstances, this could have been rather humiliating.

So well done the Palace staff and fans for continuing to make him feel at home.

Now....come on Wilf, it's down to you to be the player we know you can be. And to do so more consistently.

Us Palace fans can speculate ad nauseum about what happened at United but that's history now. The best way to prove them wrong, is to do the business back here at Palace.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:23 PM
red and blue army

PalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is herePalaceSi Sam the man is here
The truth is the money side of it is neither here nor there, ManU will very probably get their money back but who cares. There are very few scenario's back then which would have led to us being able to buy Wilf back on a 5 1/2 year deal 2 years later and i suppose we have to be grateful to ManU for that. If he had been signed by almost any other side back then we'd have lost him for ever no doubt.
Even another big team like Arsenal wouldn't have let us sign him back and he wouldn't have been so lost as was up north way down the pecking order at a club full of a 1000 ego's.
ManU pretty much blew everyone out of the water with their bid and then went about destroying him so his value went back down to what we could afford and so no one else wanted him, that took some doing.
The result is fantastic for us and i like to think fantastic for Wilf too, he can now play lots in the premier league with the fans behind him all the way and close to his family and friends too and earn the sort of wages a player of his calibre deserves.
We of course get a club legend back in his prime with the silkiest skills any Palace player has ever had giving us serious hope of establishing ourselves in this division for a number of years in a seriously entertaining way.
Its almost too good to be true so hats off to Mr Parish who drove this deal through despite some serious opposition from Adolf Pulis and hats of to Wilf for wanting to come back home to us, he was already a Legend, i think we can now start planning the statue!
Old 04-02-2015, 02:24 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Us Palace fans can speculate ad nauseum about what happened at United but that's history now. The best way to prove them wrong, is to do the business back here at Palace.
It's not hard to speculate what went wrong at United. He was signed by a manager who played wingers, who then retired. The next manager, while playing wide players, generally plays a narrower formation. He didn't really fancy Wilf, partly because he wasn't his signing. The current manager would only play wingers if you threatened to stab him in the eyes with a fork. Wilf stood no chance.
Old 04-02-2015, 02:30 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Parish seems to suggest, United will get all their money back for Zaha should he go on to be the player we know he can be.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
I think the main thing I'm looking forward to on Saturday is Wilf getting his chance to show United what they let go.

Question is, will he play the game of his life, try to overdo it too much or I suppose somewhere in between
Old 08-05-2015, 09:54 AM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
I don't think there'll be an inbetween. It'll either be like his performances in the play offs or he'll freeze. Hopefully for us and him the former
Old 08-05-2015, 09:57 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
If Wilf torments the Man United defence like he did to Chelsea then it could be very entertaining watching them squirm as he has a past history of doing this to them.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:30 AM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
I think the main thing I'm looking forward to on Saturday is Wilf getting his chance to show United what they let go.

Question is, will he play the game of his life, try to overdo it too much or I suppose somewhere in between

Its a very interesting qestion. Zaha has shown before that he likes a big stage so I am hopeful that Mn U will suffer. W ed o need t get and keep possesion though
Old 08-05-2015, 12:38 PM
ho hum

Big Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Fella came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
I don't think there'll be an inbetween. It'll either be like his performances in the play offs or he'll freeze. Hopefully for us and him the former
Or.. they put 3 on him every time he gets the ball, get kicked early doors and retaliates, getting a red in the 1st half.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:50 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
oh yeah... or that
Old 08-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Please read the sticky at the top of this forum. If you want to start a Wilf thread do it in the right forum.
Closed Thread