Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 17-07-2015, 01:03 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
How is it good business to sell a tried and tested option for a few £m and and then have to replace him with someone untested for more money????

As it stands Murray is the best striker at the club, if we sell him it would mean having to buy 2 strikers instead of one.
They my not want someone untested though. There's no way the clause Reading had to buy him was around £3.5m. I bet it was about £2m max.

Obviously he value has increased but not to the £10m you suggest.
Old 17-07-2015, 01:04 PM

Soarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Absolutely not. Our main striker, maybe if we brought in Remy or Austin.
Old 17-07-2015, 01:05 PM

Braders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We don't need the money. KEEP.

It isn't 'good business' to break up a successful squad.
Old 17-07-2015, 01:06 PM

jason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejason7 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle View Post
He is currently priceless to us - would be madness to let him go. However, that would be closer to where he lives so understandable if he wanted to go.
Ditchling is no were near Bournemouth ?
Old 17-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah, whilst he is 31, I think he's got something to give to the team still, as witnessed by his return last season.

I don't think we're desperate for £3.5m so don't really see the point in letting him go. As people have mentioned already, would rather Fraize went. I don't dislike Campbell but don't think he offers as much to the team as Glenn.
Old 17-07-2015, 01:07 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gathers54 View Post
They my not want someone untested though. There's no way the clause Reading had to buy him was around £3.5m. I bet it was about £2m max.

Obviously he value has increased but not to the £10m you suggest.

His current value has increased drastically after proving he can do well in the PL and also his value to Palace its much more than his market value anyway.

Remy (if we get him) and Murray should be our main 2 striker next season

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 17-07-2015, 01:08 PM

Palaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If the sale of Murray was put towards getting N'Doye as that's who Pardew wants then ok but N'Doye better have a bloody good season. Do not want Murray to leave but it's down to the manager at the end of the day and I have faith in Pardew
Old 17-07-2015, 01:08 PM

Gathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGathers54 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
No one on here truly knows what money we need because no one truly knows who are 3 targets are and how much they'll cost. We want players with enough quality to make top 8 and not bargain basement buys, therefore this will cost.
Old 17-07-2015, 01:10 PM
former Palace Guard

viking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is hereviking's no1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by McpfcS View Post
I'm a fan of Glenn's as much as anyone. But the reality is we need two better CFs if we are realistic about challenging the top 8.

Secondly, £3.5m for a 31 year old CF who isn't a 'top PL player' is compelling.
You're clearly not a fan as much as anyone. Live in the here and now. Based on Pardew's reign last year we would be top 5 and that includes the contribution from Murray - who is a top PL player.

Stop playing Football Manager with our players, breaking up an established team and just keep what we've got. Murray will again be excellent this season. And I don't care if he's 42. If he's good enough he's old enough. Sir Stanley was still doing the business at 55 in the top flight.
Old 17-07-2015, 01:10 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
It's quite clear Murray wants to play fist team football. If we sign Remy or Austin he's going to want to leave. People saying we shouldn't be selling him, of course we shouldn't and i doubt Pards would either, but if we can't give him re-assurances at his age that he'll play every week then he'll go
Old 17-07-2015, 01:13 PM
Chamakh's Hairdresser

rhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for yourhynoeagle is just too good for you
I'd say if he were to leave it'd definitely be because a decent striker is coming in. I absolutely adore Murray, was one of the few who backed him during his first season but at 31 (soon to be 32) and an ACL victim, £3.5m seems a good deal to me. No one would have imagined getting that much for him after his first season in the Premier League.

I think it's important that it's actually a good move for him too, closer to his family and joining a bloody exciting team! He's been an excellent servant to the club (and I am all for another season at Palace) but if he were to go, we need to accept this is a necessary part of the transition to the next level.

Follow me on http://http://twitter.com/RyWalCP
Old 17-07-2015, 01:16 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Well if they want him then 3.5 mil might get the right leg ..Add another 3.5 for the left one and then come back and ask again .. But for now Mr Howe .. You can bugger orf !!!!

I'm not perfect i'm Palace, which is like perfect... plus awesome !
Old 17-07-2015, 01:18 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhynoeagle View Post
I'd say if he were to leave it'd definitely be because a decent striker is coming in. I absolutely adore Murray, was one of the few who backed him during his first season but at 31 (soon to be 32) and an ACL victim, £3.5m seems a good deal to me. No one would have imagined getting that much for him after his first season in the Premier League.

I think it's important that it's actually a good move for him too, closer to his family and joining a bloody exciting team! He's been an excellent servant to the club (and I am all for another season at Palace) but if he were to go, we need to accept this is a necessary part of the transition to the next level.
Weve tried to replace Murray 7 or 8 times since promotion and none have worked out, lets see if the new signings do the business first before we sell him.

Hasnt he recently signed a new contract anyway?

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 17-07-2015, 01:19 PM
Lordashenden

Lordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLordashenden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We will not be selling Murray unless we are bringing in two top strikers. He has to be first choice at the minute so can't see it happening. ( I pray it doesn't happen, I bloody love Glenn )
Old 17-07-2015, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Weve tried to replace Murray 7 or 8 times since promotion and none have worked out, lets see if the new signings do the business first before we sell him.

Hasnt he recently signed a new contract anyway?
Exactly the club have tried to replace him but have done so with inferior players. Doyle, AJ, Sanogo, Campbell etc

If he goes the club must be sure of getting their targets who are strongly rumoured to be players on a different level. That why I'm going to trust the club on this one but was very pissed off the last time he left and who he was replaced with... that was shocking.
Old 17-07-2015, 01:25 PM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastsussex View Post
Murray and Gayle out.....for say 12 million...and Rhodes and Remy in for around 20..million it would be a no brainer!!!muzzas been great and Gayle has undoubted quality but Rhodes and Remy would be serious upgrades!!!
Only in a fantasy world would Rhodes be an upgrade - Remy perhaps
Old 17-07-2015, 01:25 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Would be awful business. Scored at a cracking rate last season and brought others in to play superbly. Think people forget our position since Pardew came in was 7th. Murray was integral to this.

The club wont sell, certainly not for that money.
Old 17-07-2015, 01:28 PM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceagle View Post
He is currently priceless to us - would be madness to let him go. However, that would be closer to where he lives so understandable if he wanted to go.
Priceless ?

Don't be daft
Old 17-07-2015, 01:28 PM

HARRY MONK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHARRY MONK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHARRY MONK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHARRY MONK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHARRY MONK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHARRY MONK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHARRY MONK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHARRY MONK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHARRY MONK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHARRY MONK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHARRY MONK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
would be a disastrous move ! Are best striker simply madness if sold
Old 17-07-2015, 01:30 PM

jamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejamescav0 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As much as we all love Murray, if the money from his sale allows us to add to what we have already offered and match chelsea's asking price for Remy, then it'll be a bit hard to say no
Closed Thread