Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 20-03-2018, 03:31 PM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yep Mahrez one of the very few players outside the top clubs who is definitely more valuable than Wilf at this current time.

eta - perhaps the only one
Old 20-03-2018, 03:36 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
Mahrez is noway the player wilf is, if mahrez worth 60, then zaha worth 100, although I wouldn't sell for any less than 200, we would get relegated without him and would cost us a lot more than 200,
The scary thing is you may well be right; give us 200M and we'd still get relegated without Zaha. The prospect feels like losing Wright and we all know what happened afterwards. This club has no idea how to put together a blueprint to produce the kind of footballing culture that gets us away from the dependency on talismans. I thought that was what FDB was supposed to be about until I saw how we 'supported' his vision.
Old 20-03-2018, 03:37 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I liked the way Mahrez gifted us the win up there.
Old 20-03-2018, 04:00 PM

srh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsrh came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
Van Dijk 75m
Part of that transfer fee would have included money that Southampton could have claimed through legal fees after Liverpool tapped him up, so it's not a good comparison. I can't see Parish selling Wilf.
Old 20-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
Yep Mahrez one of the very few players outside the top clubs who is definitely more valuable than Wilf at this current time.

eta - perhaps the only one
TBH, I'm not convinced he actually is either!
Old 20-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Parish knows how important Wilf is to the team so there is no way he will sell him unless his arm is twisted at a very high price. I think Wilf would be cautious about moving again so the offer would have to be something that he cannot refuse.

I suspect other clubs have politely enquired of Parish if Wilf is for sale and been politely rebuffed by Parish, with the caveat that he will inform them if things change. If Wilf's head was turned and he demanded a move then Parish could go back to those other clubs and a bidding war would start. So Levy's offer would get blown away. Then and only then would we see what the market valued him at.

Alex Ferguson must be shaking his head in disbelief that the people at Man Utd sold him. As must Mourinho.

In a sense it is a shame Wilf is not going to the World Cup to show the world what he can do. However most palace fans are probably secretly delighted that he can remain quiet whilst others take central stage and become the 'latest big star'.
Old 20-03-2018, 04:50 PM

libran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlibran came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If I'm brutally honest he's just not good or consistent enough for the top teams.

You really need that consistency at the top level and while he's a real star for us, he's also hit and miss just enough to be subbed, benched and second choice for any of the top teams.
Old 20-03-2018, 04:55 PM

Surrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSurrey Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.P.R. View Post
Is he not an Arsenal fan, more likely he ends up there I would of thought.
He claims to supported Palace growing up.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:05 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
His agent is DESPERATE to get him to Spurs.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:06 PM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by libran View Post
If I'm brutally honest he's just not good or consistent enough for the top teams.

You really need that consistency at the top level and while he's a real star for us, he's also hit and miss just enough to be subbed, benched and second choice for any of the top teams.
I think this is difficult to assess - for example, would he appear consistent in terms of goals/assists if he had Silva/Aguero/Sane/De Bruyne around him? And would Sterling appear consistent if he was in our team being double/triple marked and next to a mis-firing Benteke?

I think he has the ability and his decision making and mental strength has improved greatly.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:13 PM
Doing nothing is a choice

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Wilf will stay if we stay up
Old 20-03-2018, 05:18 PM

Anneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnneseagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It will be very simple, if a so called big club makes a big enough offer it will come down to the player, if he wants to go then the whole situation changes.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:20 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
be hard to turn down 50m and he will want to go. Be a long summer
He's priceless, certainly the club would turn that down. We need Wilf to stay and for the club to have a decent season for once.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:22 PM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is it not the case that wages rule him out of a move to any club in Britain outside of Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool? (Man U ruled out for other reasons).
Old 20-03-2018, 05:23 PM

jimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimos_uk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
When even Ian Wright is saying that Palace is the best place for Wilf, you know the world's gone mad.

Not sure how repeatedly bidding for a player in a lurid attempt to turn their head every season shouldn't be considered 'tapping up' in this day and age. (if it's not nonsense anyway.)

That said, to join Spurs his salary would go down, but they'd lump in a bunch of wanky bollocks about xm if you play x games, xm if we win the league, xm if we win the Champions League. All stuff that you'd expect him to see through.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:25 PM

If he's to continue earning his reported current wage next season, I can't see more than about 15 clubs in all of football that would be able to provide that realistically, based on the fact that he is not a guaranteed success at the top level.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:34 PM
Apprentice Critic.

4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet4 cryingOutloud came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Unless we have an incredible summer HA! we are down as soon as we sell him.
You're such pessimistic bar steward. We've been in this situation many times before with players and we've always come through. We're not a top eight club, and don't have owners who will pour in whatever it takes to become one, but we have much more than that, such as dignity, faith, camaraderie, and a supporter following that's second to none. That means far more to me.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
Parish knows how important Wilf is to the team so there is no way he will sell him unless his arm is twisted at a very high price. I think Wilf would be cautious about moving again so the offer would have to be something that he cannot refuse.

I suspect other clubs have politely enquired of Parish if Wilf is for sale and been politely rebuffed by Parish, with the caveat that he will inform them if things change. If Wilf's head was turned and he demanded a move then Parish could go back to those other clubs and a bidding war would start. So Levy's offer would get blown away. Then and only then would we see what the market valued him at.

Alex Ferguson must be shaking his head in disbelief that the people at Man Utd sold him. As must Mourinho.

In a sense it is a shame Wilf is not going to the World Cup to show the world what he can do. However most palace fans are probably secretly delighted that he can remain quiet whilst others take central stage and become the 'latest big star'.
Or, in the case of Sterling, how he again shows his inadequacies, once the comfort-blanket of much better players around him is removed.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:41 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Spurs arent interested enough to pay the money we'd want but Zaha's agent thinks its a great move for him so keeps planting these stories every so often.

Zaha is by no means desperate to leave, Palace want him to stay, but his agent for whatever reason is desperate to drive through a move.
Old 20-03-2018, 05:42 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.P.R. View Post
Is he not an Arsenal fan, more likely he ends up there I would of thought.
The 'Arsenal fashion' amongst the young blades, seems to have worn off after a decade of mediocrity.