Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 08:32 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A loan swap makes sense as long as we're bringing in a couple of midfielders. Riedewald would benefit a lot from playing in the Championship
Old 01-08-2018, 08:36 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Assuming this is a loan Riedewald going the other way might also just be a way to keep the overall wage bill down

Maybe Ayew (perm) is the loan fee for Riedewald though?
Old 01-08-2018, 09:01 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Not very keen on this to be honest. Scored a cracker against us last season but his overall scoring record throughout his career is abysmal for a forward.

I know he can drift wide but we already have two strikers who can do that in Wickham and Sorloth.

Seems like a bit of a pointless signing to me. I'd rather we used our loans on a CM, a CB or a proper winger as backup for Wilf/Andros.

If we're intent on signing a striker it should be someone more mobile to play in a fluid front three IMO.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Unneeded unwanted not good enough.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:08 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Not very keen on this to be honest. Scored a cracker against us last season but his overall scoring record throughout his career is abysmal for a forward.

I know he can drift wide but we already have two strikers who can do that in Wickham and Sorloth.

Seems like a bit of a pointless signing to me. I'd rather we used our loans on a CM, a CB or a proper winger as backup for Wilf/Andros.

If we're intent on signing a striker it should be someone more mobile to play in a fluid front three IMO.
As I started this thread , obviously would be delighted if he signed - just gives us something different . Shame if Riedawald went other way though as he has impressed in pre season but maybe RH feels he will not get many starts with us . Thought Wickham may have gone on loan but maybe Swansea feel that's a risk as his fitness is still a doubt . With regards to Ayew scoring record being abysmal its not much different to Beneke and Ayew often drifts wide .

Jordan Ayew has played in Premier League for 3 seasons . Total games ( including cups I assume ) , 116 , goals 22 , assists 11 .

NB/ Benteke last 3 seasons , played 113 , goals 30 , assists 14

NB/ Someone on Swansea message board suggested £10m & Jairo for Ayew - I doubt it

Last edited by exiledeagle; 01-08-2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:08 AM

GB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is hereGB2506 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Jordan Ayew is smaller, more skilful and works harder IIRC. I don't mind him. Strange decision to loan out Riedewald, but if the manager doesn't fancy him fair enough.
He's not going to get games with Luka, Meyer, Mcarthur and Kouyate in front of him
Old 01-08-2018, 09:12 AM

dilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdilem came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would be chuffed with Ayew - fits our 442 perfectly. Only Loan/sell Jairo if we get Kouyate/Gonalons + Meyer
Old 01-08-2018, 09:18 AM

RisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is hereRisZero Sam the man is here
Lots of hate for Ayew. Im not saying he is going to set the world on fire for us but he was capable of making a his own chances in an absolutely garbage Swansea side, offers plenty of cover and offers something different up top to Benteke/Wickham, AND I doubt he is costing alot. Not exciting but not unwelcome for me.

Im not sure what it would mean for Antonio though.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:24 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisZero View Post
Lots of hate for Ayew. Im not saying he is going to set the world on fire for us but he was capable of making a his own chances in an absolutely garbage Swansea side, offers plenty of cover and offers something different up top to Benteke/Wickham, AND I doubt he is costing alot. Not exciting but not unwelcome for me.

Im not sure what it would mean for Antonio though.
Antonio ainít coming
Old 01-08-2018, 09:27 AM

TheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTheCharmer1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Antonio ainít coming
whats the reason for that?
Old 01-08-2018, 09:31 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmer1 View Post
whats the reason for that?
My guess is we are signing ayew, Keeping Townsend and wilf, adding 2 CMís.

We donít need to spend £15m on Antonio.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:34 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
My guess is we are signing ayew, Keeping Townsend and wilf, adding 2 CMís.

We donít need to spend £15m on Antonio.
Makes sense. Would still like to see another decent CB, bearing in mind the need for competition and Sakho/Tomkins injury records. No idea who..
Old 01-08-2018, 09:35 AM

Joeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJoeymaz : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Where is he going to play or is he just a bench option?

Wilf and a big man up top, Meyer or McArthur left. Can he play left in a 4? It's a risk

Winner of the inaugural BBS Ashes Competition
Old 01-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
With regards to Ayew scoring record being abysmal its not much different to Beneke and Ayew often drifts wide .

Jordan Ayew has played in Premier League for 3 seasons . Total games ( including cups I assume ) , 116 , goals 22 , assists 11 .

NB/ Benteke last 3 seasons , played 113 , goals 30 , assists 14

NB/ Someone on Swansea message board suggested £10m & Jairo for Ayew - I doubt it
Ayew career goals: 48
Benteke career goals: 112

Strange comparison.

If we were signing his brother I'd understand as it would give us another dimension up front, but essentially J.Ayew is just another target man who drifts wide and doesn't score enough goals.

If he joins I hope he proves me wrong. I just think our loans could be used better elsewhere.

Last edited by Kirby; 01-08-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:40 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Iíve not read the thread.... but if I recall.... one of the Ayews is a bellend... the other is ok... what one we signing?
Old 01-08-2018, 09:43 AM

mb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmb23 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Iíve not read the thread.... but if I recall.... one of the Ayews is a bellend... the other is ok... what one we signing?
The 'ok' one? The one who didn't play for West ham.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:56 AM
Slip it!

Abjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAbjekt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think Ayew is a decent enough signing, not a set-the-world-alight player but capable of the odd moment of brilliance. If it's a loan, then that's fine - can't see him getting into the first XI too often but a fine option off the bench until Wickham is fully fit (or Sorloth settles in).

I don't want Jairo leaving permanently though. He's young and in the cameos he had last year, looked good (not at centre half, mind you). A loan to Swansea to get more game time and then return to us ready to stake a real claim in our midfield would be OK, but I really wouldn't want us to sell him at this point.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He’s bang average.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:58 AM

TWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTWELLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Ayew career goals: 48
Benteke career goals: 112

Strange comparison.

If we were signing his brother I'd understand as it would give us another dimension up front, but essentially J.Ayew is just another target man who drifts wide and doesn't score enough goals.

If he joins I hope he proves me wrong. I just think our loans could be used better elsewhere.
From what Iíve seen of JA I wouldnít describe him as a target man, more a hybrid winger/striker.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:00 AM

He’s the Sako replacement. One that will actually play games as he’ll be fit.
Closed Thread