Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-02-2019, 12:32 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Given we have over a weeks rest then a week or so until the next match. I'd go with the strongest team available. Doncaster haven't lost at home for a long time and this is a perfect opportunity to play against, let's face it a comparitively shite defence (certainly not the standard of City, Liverpool, and Wolves who we've all stuck multiple goals past) and see if the much desired Michy, Andros, Wilf (or Sako) front three is as unstoppable as we all think it might be. Now I've said all this our defence will probably go walk about and concede.

Donnie are unlikely to park the bus and that plays into our hands. Given that we can finally after decades of shite play both counter attacking defensive and possession based tippy tappy football.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 13-02-2019 at 12:36 AM.
Old 13-02-2019, 06:36 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2 View Post
.............Sako.........

Sako Sako Sako Sako

........Sako Sako........

..........Sako.............

Ayew... Sako.... Sako
Yer , but Sako is cup tied .
Old 13-02-2019, 06:49 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
I'd go for an attacking line up and totally disrespect Donny.

Speroni

AWB

Zaha, Meyer, Townsend, Schlupp

Sako

Benteke, Batshuayi, Wickham😂👌
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 13-02-2019, 07:03 AM

coxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
And yet it has reeled you and several more in sweetheart. Is that why you're being a bit pissy knickers? Coz you made a boo boo?
My first post on this subject said, in response to post asking about the need for Chelsea to agree to his playing in FAC:

"That’s exactly right. Player on short-term loan can only play in FA Cup with written permission of parent club. (A season-long loan is not a “short-term” loan.) A player who has previously played in FA Cup for one club cannot play for another club in the same season. (The only time I’ve known this rule to be waived was for Man U in 1958.) (Unused subs have not played.) Sako played for WBA and is cup-tied. Nothing in the rules prevents a player who has played in a different cup competition from playing in FAC. Batshuayi is not cup-tied but cannot play unless Chelsea give written permission."

I assume this is clear evidence in your mind that I totally believed your fiction. As you can see, all I was doing, in response to a sensible question about the need for Chelsea to agree to his participation, was to confirm the true position. Clearly this is a "boo boo" in your mind, at least.

If that's being "reeled in" then I am happy to be reeled in any time.
Old 13-02-2019, 07:03 AM

AddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is hereAddoWolz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post

Speroni

AWB

Sako

Yer , but injurd, OK, suspended, OK, OK, OK, cup tied, OK, well he's not really even okay but whatever ,cup tied ,and finally injurd again .
Old 13-02-2019, 07:05 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post

Speroni

AWB

Sako

Apart from Speroni being injured, Zaha being suspended, Sako being cup tied, Batshuyi being cup tied (apparently) and Wickham being injured I think you may be on to something!
Old 13-02-2019, 08:01 AM
Maybe It’s Maybelline?

Scrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is hereScrumpy Sam the man is here
So my formation is based on assuming that Tomkins, Kouyate, Wickham and Speroni are still injured and also assuming Zaha loses his appeal this week. Hennessey has until Friday to respond to his charge so would the Doncaster game come too soon for his suspension?:

Hennessey (or Guaita if WH is suspended)

AWB Kelly Sakho PVA

Townsend Meyer Luka Schlupp

Benteke Batman (or Ayew if he is ineligible).

Last edited by Scrumpy; 13-02-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Old 13-02-2019, 09:27 AM

LuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLuieJack came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by red&blue_moomin View Post
Given we have over a weeks rest then a week or so until the next match. I'd go with the strongest team available. Doncaster haven't lost at home for a long time and this is a perfect opportunity to play against, let's face it a comparitively shite defence (certainly not the standard of City, Liverpool, and Wolves who we've all stuck multiple goals past) and see if the much desired Michy, Andros, Wilf (or Sako) front three is as unstoppable as we all think it might be. Now I've said all this our defence will probably go walk about and concede.

Donnie are unlikely to park the bus and that plays into our hands. Given that we can finally after decades of shite play both counter attacking defensive and possession based tippy tappy football.
Why on earth would you take the risk of injuries and play our strongest team? currently we sit just THREE points above the relegation zone so can ill afford to lose anyone through a self inflicted poor decision making, especially when we have a restricted squad to pick from and i really cannot see Roy being so reckless.
As i mentioned earlier in my selection this is a wonderful opportunity to progress without underestimating Donny, but the reality is they are no more than an average Div1 team and surely we should be able to overcome them even by resting a few important regulars (see my selection) as staying in the premiership is far more financially important.
I respect that is your opinion and feel it is the way we should go, but my opinion is it is a very risky policy that could have serious consequences if say Zaha and Luka were to get injured.
Old 13-02-2019, 09:29 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxswain View Post
My first post on this subject said, in response to post asking about the need for Chelsea to agree to his playing in FAC:

"That’s exactly right. Player on short-term loan can only play in FA Cup with written permission of parent club. (A season-long loan is not a “short-term” loan.) A player who has previously played in FA Cup for one club cannot play for another club in the same season. (The only time I’ve known this rule to be waived was for Man U in 1958.) (Unused subs have not played.) Sako played for WBA and is cup-tied. Nothing in the rules prevents a player who has played in a different cup competition from playing in FAC. Batshuayi is not cup-tied but cannot play unless Chelsea give written permission."

I assume this is clear evidence in your mind that I totally believed your fiction. As you can see, all I was doing, in response to a sensible question about the need for Chelsea to agree to his participation, was to confirm the true position. Clearly this is a "boo boo" in your mind, at least.

If that's being "reeled in" then I am happy to be reeled in any time.
Pissy knickers.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 13-02-2019, 09:40 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Townsend brace will win this
Old 13-02-2019, 09:53 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
--------------------------Hennessey--------------------------
Ward-------------Kelly-----------------Dann-------------PVA
Townsend-------Meyer--------------Milivojevic-------Schlupp
------------------Batshuayi------------Benteke-----------------

Subs:

Guaita
Sakho
AWB
Kouyate
McArthur
Ayew
Old 13-02-2019, 10:02 AM

coxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Pissy knickers.
I have always considered that those who have to resort to childish, playground insults have lost the argument. I have generally chosen not to resort to them myself. Despite the temptation to make an exception in your case, I shall not do so. Have a good day!
Old 13-02-2019, 10:15 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
Apart from Speroni being injured, Zaha being suspended, Sako being cup tied, Batshuyi being cup tied (apparently) and Wickham being injured I think you may be on to something!
Wilf would have to serve a league ban in the league not the cup ..... Is that not correct?
Old 13-02-2019, 10:16 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
I have always considered that those who have to resort to childish, playground insults have lost the argument. I have generally chosen not to resort to them myself. Despite the temptation to make an exception in your case, I shall not do so. Have a good day!
Fight Fight Fight take him on or you're a pissy little girls blouse!
Old 13-02-2019, 10:50 AM

Mr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Bo Jangles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Wilf would have to serve a league ban in the league not the cup ..... Is that not correct?
I am informed by others on here it is the cup too.
Old 13-02-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
No. Only totting up of bookings is competition specific.
Old 13-02-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Fight Fight Fight take him on or you're a pissy little girls blouse!
Careful or the thought police will be after you for your acrateiphobic remarks!
Old 13-02-2019, 10:57 AM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Bless, mind you don't trip over your bottom lip on the way out.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 13-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Casual user

Catford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCatford Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just checking on the numbers for coxswain's UEFA Eligibility Regulations soiree...

Hello.......guys......guys.....there's sandwiches.....
Old 13-02-2019, 11:08 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
ward, dann, kelly and meyer must play. I would love to see if Benten and Batman can play together upfront.

Other than that I am easy as to who plays. Would like to see a strong team but not risk anyone carrying a knock