Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-02-2019, 11:11 AM

coxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcoxswain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catford Eagle View Post
Just checking on the numbers for coxswain's UEFA Eligibility Regulations soiree...

Hello.......guys......guys.....there's sandwiches.....
Shall we invite Maidstoned Eagle’s mate Albert as guest speaker?
Old 13-02-2019, 11:13 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I’m really trying to come up with a team that doesn’t need to play Townsend and struggling.
He needs a break, has far less time off than Wilf.
Old 13-02-2019, 11:15 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStavros 69 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
ward, dann, kelly and meyer must play. I would love to see if Benten and Batman can play together upfront.

Other than that I am easy as to who plays. Would like to see a strong team but not risk anyone carrying a knock
Ayew must play as must Benteke to get fitness and if Bats can play he’ll need some game time.
Old 13-02-2019, 11:30 AM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
I’m really trying to come up with a team that doesn’t need to play Townsend and struggling.
He needs a break, has far less time off than Wilf.
yeah, he certainly is a key cog to most formations. Some players are better off simply continuing to play maybe?

Go 433
Luca central, Meyer right and Sch left.
Front 3 of Ayew left, Bat right, Ben up top.
Old 13-02-2019, 11:46 AM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Any disrespect will result in us getting turned over on Sunday. Donny have lost two games in their last 16. Winning very 3-0 last night again at home where they haven't lost since October.

They will fancy their chances and quite rightly. Which is probably the way we are hoping they'll play.
Old 13-02-2019, 11:46 AM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
yeah, he certainly is a key cog to most formations. Some players are better off simply continuing to play maybe?

Go 433
Luca central, Meyer right and Sch left.
Front 3 of Ayew left, Bat right, Ben up top.
Yeah I was thinking that but Bat does nothing outside of the box, and Benteke is not Lukaku who can put a shift in at a wider position.
He’s played so much, would be good to give him a break. Kind of makes me more angry that Wilf being selfish doesn’t really allow us to do it.
Old 13-02-2019, 11:58 AM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Any disrespect will result in us getting turned over on Sunday. Donny have lost two games in their last 16. Winning very 3-0 last night again at home where they haven't lost since October.

They will fancy their chances and quite rightly. Which is probably the way we are hoping they'll play.
This is a nutshell.

One good thing about Roy's pragmatic style is I can't see him allowing any room for complacency.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 13-02-2019, 12:08 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Hennessey

AWB Kelly Dann Ward (PVA needs a rest)

Kouyate Meyer McArthur

Townsend Benteke Schlupp

Benteke should start. Needs goals and confidence.
Old 13-02-2019, 12:19 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Ayew did well against Fulham and didn't get a look in against West Ham. Think he deserves a crack on the left of an old fashioned 442.

Guaita

Ward - Kelly - Dann - PVA

Meyer - Milivojevic - Schlupp - Ayew

Benteke - Batshuayi

Werner Herzog
Old 13-02-2019, 12:34 PM

Gregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGregz41 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Going to assume Zaha is banned.

Guaita
Wan-Bissaka Dann Kelly Schlupp
Meyer Milivojevic Riedewald
Townsend Batshuayi Ayew
Old 13-02-2019, 12:47 PM

Hazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHazbaz came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Why on earth would you take the risk of injuries and play our strongest team? currently we sit just THREE points above the relegation zone so can ill afford to lose anyone through a self inflicted poor decision making, especially when we have a restricted squad to pick from and i really cannot see Roy being so reckless.
As i mentioned earlier in my selection this is a wonderful opportunity to progress without underestimating Donny, but the reality is they are no more than an average Div1 team and surely we should be able to overcome them even by resting a few important regulars (see my selection) as staying in the premiership is far more financially important.
I respect that is your opinion and feel it is the way we should go, but my opinion is it is a very risky policy that could have serious consequences if say Zaha and Luka were to get injured.
Grimsby are mid table div 2 and let’s be honest that was hardly a romp
Old 13-02-2019, 01:05 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Why on earth would you take the risk of injuries and play our strongest team? currently we sit just THREE points above the relegation zone so can ill afford to lose anyone through a self inflicted poor decision making, especially when we have a restricted squad to pick from and i really cannot see Roy being so reckless.
As i mentioned earlier in my selection this is a wonderful opportunity to progress without underestimating Donny, but the reality is they are no more than an average Div1 team and surely we should be able to overcome them even by resting a few important regulars (see my selection) as staying in the premiership is far more financially important.
I respect that is your opinion and feel it is the way we should go, but my opinion is it is a very risky policy that could have serious consequences if say Zaha and Luka were to get injured.
Why is the squad restricted? If anything it's actually a wee bit stronger than it was at the end of December. We might have one less player but Roy is more likely to pick these ones.

If we had three matches in a week I'd agree but there's essentially a two week period with two matches so i'd maintain the form of the team and take advantage of what looks like a potentially very favourable draw that could see us get to another semi-final something that might help us retain some of our more valuable players.
Old 13-02-2019, 01:38 PM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post

yup, they are in great form
Old 13-02-2019, 01:42 PM

Lprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLprkorngod : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Start with our strongest side and make subs accordingly if comfortably in the lead/control.

Guaita
Wan-Bissaka Dann Sakho PvA
McArther Milivojevic Meyer
Townsend Batshuayi Ayew
Old 13-02-2019, 01:49 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanlee11 View Post
yup, they are in great form
At home, on TV, in front of a full house they are going to be mega-motivated.

They may be league one on a technical basis but they will be running on champions league fuel
Old 13-02-2019, 02:01 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Surprised no one has sako in their team.
Old 13-02-2019, 02:07 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Interesting thoughts looking at their forum. They seem very level headed on the whole. If we go into this game underestimating them and get knocked out due to disrespecting them, I'll be furious. Not that I think we will.

This is the OP from their pre match thoughts thread....

To view the link you have to Register or Login

A big test in front of a sell out crowd, and a large national TV audience, and against the ultimate test a Premiership team led by an ex England manager. Only playing a top six side away would be seen as a bigger test by the football media, most of whom will give us little chance of progressing, and really will not want us to do anyway, wanting the competition to revert to norm being the property of the top teams in the country in their eyes.
Can we pass the test and progress? a big question,but after the way we destroyed Southend last night, in my mind not impossible if Crystal Palace take us lightly.
They have big name players, international players who's names are known all over the world, and to be fair not a bad player on their books being a premiership team. If they play well they should win, But will they? even the best teams can only play as well as the opposition let them.
If we play as well as last night, they will have to play well to beat us, Our clever players in midfield all being on it together, and the rest of the team responding to their promptings.
It is a chance for all our players to showcase their ability to a wide audience, in a game that nationally is the biggest in our clubs history. John, Ben, Herbie, and all the other players having a chance to advertise to the football world how good a player they are, and old man Coppinger show just how good a player he has been, overlooked by many big sides who would have benefited from his undoubted ability.
Do you think like me we have a fighters chance?
Will Palace play their strongest side ?
Will Roy let his precious premiership players change in our changing rooms? apparently he didn't at Notts County some years back when taking Fulham, whose own facilities were worse than Notts Counties, and like Barnsley got changed on the bus.
Who are the players you fear that you think can take us to the cleaners?
If you are a Palace fan reading this, are you confident you will be too good for us?
These and many more questions to be answered about this game, a game we the supporters of the Rovers can relax and enjoy, and where all the pressure is on the Palace to win. Please discuss and have your say.
Old 13-02-2019, 02:15 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Surprised no one has sako in their team.
He played for West Brom in an earlier round so is cup tied? Shame, because otherwise I would have liked to have seen him play in this match.
Old 13-02-2019, 02:26 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Interesting thoughts looking at their forum. They seem very level headed on the whole. If we go into this game underestimating them and get knocked out due to disrespecting them, I'll be furious. Not that I think we will.

This is the OP from their pre match thoughts thread....

To view the link you have to Register or Login

A big test in front of a sell out crowd, and a large national TV audience, and against the ultimate test a Premiership team led by an ex England manager. Only playing a top six side away would be seen as a bigger test by the football media, most of whom will give us little chance of progressing, and really will not want us to do anyway, wanting the competition to revert to norm being the property of the top teams in the country in their eyes.
Can we pass the test and progress? a big question,but after the way we destroyed Southend last night, in my mind not impossible if Crystal Palace take us lightly.
They have big name players, international players who's names are known all over the world, and to be fair not a bad player on their books being a premiership team. If they play well they should win, But will they? even the best teams can only play as well as the opposition let them.
If we play as well as last night, they will have to play well to beat us, Our clever players in midfield all being on it together, and the rest of the team responding to their promptings.
It is a chance for all our players to showcase their ability to a wide audience, in a game that nationally is the biggest in our clubs history. John, Ben, Herbie, and all the other players having a chance to advertise to the football world how good a player they are, and old man Coppinger show just how good a player he has been, overlooked by many big sides who would have benefited from his undoubted ability.
Do you think like me we have a fighters chance?
Will Palace play their strongest side ?
Will Roy let his precious premiership players change in our changing rooms? apparently he didn't at Notts County some years back when taking Fulham, whose own facilities were worse than Notts Counties, and like Barnsley got changed on the bus.
Who are the players you fear that you think can take us to the cleaners?
If you are a Palace fan reading this, are you confident you will be too good for us?
These and many more questions to be answered about this game, a game we the supporters of the Rovers can relax and enjoy, and where all the pressure is on the Palace to win. Please discuss and have your say.
The replying palace poster is confusing lightly with likely? not quite sure how he managed that?

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 13-02-2019, 02:50 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
He played for West Brom in an earlier round so is cup tied? Shame, because otherwise I would have liked to have seen him play in this match.
Whooosh