Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 17-06-2003, 10:02 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Daddy Long
I think you'll all be eating your words in a season or two when Julian proves to you all what a good player he is.
Good player, perhaps, he has reasonable skills, a power shot when given enough time to compose himself, but poor balance and poor kick start acceleration means he can't make it as an attacking player in the premeirship.
Old 17-06-2003, 10:02 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by adrenalin john
On a seperate note if it goes to tribunal what is the criteria they value players by and how much are we therefore likely to get for gray? [/B]
It is my understanding that the tribunal look at the time and money spent developing the player by the club, and offset against that the benefit received by way of first team performances.

If this is right as Gray has only been around 3 years and came pretty well straight into the team my guess on how much we can expect is not a lot.
Old 17-06-2003, 10:08 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shut the door on your way out, misery guts.
Old 17-06-2003, 10:15 AM

pedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The reason he is considering the move is because the stands behind the goals are much deeper at White Hart Lane. He manages to consistantly hit the back row at Selhurst Park with his crosses and feels it is now time for a bigger challange. No doubt he is using White Hart Lane as another stepping stone and once conquered he will then move abroad to test himself further by going to a stadium with a running track around the pitch.
Old 17-06-2003, 10:22 AM

Daddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaddy Long : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lots of different views, time will tell!
Old 17-06-2003, 10:24 AM
Man and beast

Elephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is hereElephant with mouse gyp Sam the man is here
I'm with Daddy Long on this. Spurs would be good for him, Hoddle is a good coach and Gray would suit their style, which features wide players cutting inside a lot to link with the strikers. Defending is done more by crowding out the opposition than by hard man tackling, another thing that suits him. Good luck to him if it comes off.
Old 17-06-2003, 11:01 AM
Let it Be

Riccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRiccardo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I doubt it will happen.
Old 17-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Guns of Navarone

GUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineGUCCI Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
Spurs are going down next season anyway.
"The West Stand has a reputation as a party area and we've got to break that. We've put together a series of measures to ensure that those people who want to watch cricket are not disrupted by those who are simply there to have a good time"The Times, back page, Wed 5 Aug 2009
Old 17-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Anonymous Coward

If Julian Gray thinks some factions of the Palace Support have given him a hard time wait til the ex Arsenal wonderkid demonstrates to the Spurs hardliners his inability to cross a ball accurately then he'll find out what someone getting on his back really feels like.
Old 17-06-2003, 12:28 PM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Beanie
It is my understanding that the tribunal look at the time and money spent developing the player by the club, and offset against that the benefit received by way of first team performances.

If this is right as Gray has only been around 3 years and came pretty well straight into the team my guess on how much we can expect is not a lot.
That's most likley true. If anything Arsenal should get the lions share of the development costs but it doesn't work like that. We won't get much more than half a bean
Wembley 27th May 2013 - The Invincibles Rule The World
Upton Park 19th April 2014 - The Invincibles: Back From The Dead
Brittania Stadium 19th December 2015 - The Invincibles Last Stand?
Old 17-06-2003, 12:32 PM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm not part of the "we all hate Julian Gray" campaign which has been gaining support ever since he turn of the year. It all seems rather like sour grapes to me.

Gray is a good player. Not a great one, but a good one with room for improvement. He is certainly good enough to play for Crystal Palace - whether he is good enough to play in the Premiership is another question.

Like most of us, Gray is looking for the best deal possible. The feudal world has passed us all by - we now live in a world of globalised capitalism, where players are free to choose their living passed on their ability to 'sell themselves'. If offered another job at twice the pay, I wouldn't think twice about moving on.

I hope Gray realises that he won't get another contract elsewhere and comes back to Palace. But if not, I reckon any other team would get a good player on the cheap, and I'd wish Gray luck.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 17-06-2003, 12:34 PM
On my hands and knees

Gerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGerry from Sussex : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I think you'll all be eating your words in a season or two when Julian proves to you all what a good player he is.
We can't win with Gray though. If your prediction about him fulfilling his potential turns out to be correct we would have lost him to a bigger club anyway. If not, we would have been stuck with a lemon.

Basically, I take the pragmatic view that we can't afford the luxury of watching and waiting to see which he goes. We have a job to do now and, even though I suspect you will be proved right in the long run, we need some much more reliable performers in our team at the moment.
Wembley 27th May 2013 - The Invincibles Rule The World
Upton Park 19th April 2014 - The Invincibles: Back From The Dead
Brittania Stadium 19th December 2015 - The Invincibles Last Stand?
Old 17-06-2003, 02:31 PM

Panther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPanther came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That's as may be but I'm pretty confident that he does not see Palace as a big enough stage for him to be bothered to display his talents (sic.) in full; if he stays, those of us who are not fans of his will no doubt continue to be annoyed. After a couple of seasons of not giving 100% (in my opinion) he may find it difficult to deliver consistently elsewhere. Still, if the Spurs rumour turns out to be correct he'll be in good company. As far as I'm concerned, he might as well go if he thinks he's good enough and if he proves me wrong, good luck to him.
Old 17-06-2003, 07:40 PM

No more Stripes is playing for a contract
Bye Bye Bambie. Spurs still going no where. Double result.
Old 17-06-2003, 07:42 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
It's all speculation at the moment, no real foundation to it.

Hope it's not true.
Old 18-06-2003, 09:57 AM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quite amazing about Gray really. He scores 8 goals from a half defensive position, and gets slated. Dele scores 4(?), and people say how wonderful he is. I can see some of the reasons, but if Jules can score 8 playing badly, he must be worth keeping, surely?
Old 18-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't think he's got the balls to make it in a squad of more talented players. It would require a great deal of hard work.
Old 18-06-2003, 10:20 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by sydnsteve
Quite amazing about Gray really. He scores 8 goals from a half defensive position, and gets slated. Dele scores 4(?), and people say how wonderful he is. I can see some of the reasons, but if Jules can score 8 playing badly, he must be worth keeping, surely?
Its not just about scoring goals. Adebola scored 7, but also put in a lot of effort, got stuck in and gave his all. There is little doubt that he has less natural ability than Gray, but you at least felt that he was trying. On the other hand Gray could be brilliant when he could be bothered, but too often gave the impression he couldn't care less. His overall contribution to the team was less.

I see Gray's contribution as a bit like Matt Le Tissier's, either brillant or useless. When Le Tissier left Southampton he was supposed to be an impossible act to follow, and the final nail in the Premiership coffin of a team constantly fighting relegation. Now he has gone, however, Southampton may have nobody with his skill, but they have better team. Same with Palace, I believe we'll find that Gray is a luxury we can't afford and despite the quality he can produce on occasions, the team will benefit from a more consistant if less spectacular player.
Old 18-06-2003, 10:40 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Beanie
Its not just about scoring goals. Adebola scored 7, but also put in a lot of effort, got stuck in and gave his all. There is little doubt that he has less natural ability than Gray, but you at least felt that he was trying. On the other hand Gray could be brilliant when he could be bothered, but too often gave the impression he couldn't care less.
I would give 120% if you allowed me to play for Palace week in week out. But I'm still useless, and it doesn't matter how much effort I put in, Dean Austin is still a better footballer than I am.

I want to see talent. Not hard working mediocrity.

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 18-06-2003, 10:43 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Is it too much to ask for talent that also tries............