Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 18-06-2003, 10:49 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Originally posted by Cleon
Quote:

I want to see talent. Not hard working mediocrity.
Don't we all?

Most of us accept that the guy has a lot of talent.

The vast majority of us also feel that we see it seldom, and that the guy has shown through his actions (and inaction) time and time again that he is not interested in playing for Crystal Palace.

I see absolutely no evidence to the contrary.
Old 18-06-2003, 10:50 AM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:

Like most of us, Gray is looking for the best deal possible. The feudal world has passed us all by - we now live in a world of globalised capitalism, where players are free to choose their living passed on their ability to 'sell themselves'. If offered another job at twice the pay, I wouldn't think twice about moving on.
No neither would I and I think most people understand that but football is slightly different, it's not a normal job, I don't get 17,000 people standing and applauding me as I enter work, I don't have kids asking for my autograph, I don't get paid 4000 a week etc
I honestly very rarely slate players but Gray deserves it because he's arrogant, lazy and doesn't seem to give a damn about us or the club. Disgraceful he is a lucky guy and in an extremely priveleged position, a little bit of respect and apprieciation wouldn't kill him. Compare him with Tommy Black who I think is probably less talented but twice the man and twice the player.
Old 18-06-2003, 11:00 AM
HoleHasseler

fieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet coverfieldy is off to the club shop to look for a Palace duvet cover
Quote:
it doesn't matter how much effort I put in, Dean Austin is still a better footballer than I am.

I think you're being too hard on yourself there Cleon
Old 18-06-2003, 11:04 AM

Beanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBeanie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I want to see talent. Not hard working mediocrity.
Don't we all - but if you want a successful team "hard working mediocrity", given a certain level of basic ability, will be more effective than lazy talent. I don't want to watch the team lose more than they win just so that on the odd occasion I can be impressed by one players ability.
Old 18-06-2003, 11:09 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Sick Bucket
No neither would I and I think most people understand that but football is slightly different, it's not a normal job, I don't get 17,000 people standing and applauding me as I enter work, I don't have kids asking for my autograph, I don't get paid 4000 a week etc
I honestly very rarely slate players but Gray deserves it because he's arrogant, lazy and doesn't seem to give a damn about us or the club. Disgraceful he is a lucky guy and in an extremely priveleged position, a little bit of respect and apprieciation wouldn't kill him. Compare him with Tommy Black who I think is probably less talented but twice the man and twice the player.
Football is no different to other jobs in many respects. There are many players in the lower leagues on less money than you or I. There are players earning the big figures of course, but then there are directors of city Banks which earn much more than David Beckham's new deal at Real Madrid. Of course there is adulation, and the stresses of eternal criticism, but at the end of the day it's still what a player to make a living.

I agree that Gray's attitude has dropped recently, although whetehr it dropped before or after the fans stopped supporting him and started slating him I don't know. But at the end of the day, he scored 8 goals from the left wing/wingback position this season, including a cracker against the scum, and another couple of crackers against Liverpool & Leeds. Dele Adebola scored 7 from up front, and two of them were against Cheltenham Town. I know who I'd rather signs another contract.

Yes, perhaps it will take Gray a little while to realise he's not quite as good as he maybe thinks he is. Maybe the reality check is what he needs. But I'd still rather see Julian Gray on the Crystal Palace team sheet than Dele Adebola.

Quote:
Originally posted by fieldy
I think you're being too hard on yourself there Cleon
Well, alright, I'm still worse than Ade Akinbiyi.....

"You're just part of everything that's happened to us tonight... and it's all bad"
Old 18-06-2003, 12:10 PM

18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At the end of day, I don't think Steve Kember is going to put up with players who aren't 100% committed to the club.

He and SJ aren't not going to push the boat out for Julian, he can either accept a fairly average contract with us or try and survive elsewhere.

I honestly don't think Spurs would be stupid enough to sign him anyway. He doesn't look spectacular in Division 1, why o why would Hoddle want him?!

If you are looking to offload any unwanted Panini or Merlin football stickers (old swaps etc.) feel free to DM

Blog site: http://aaronporter.wordpress.com/
Old 19-06-2003, 08:45 AM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
according to today's mirror kevin keegan wants to buy julian gray
Old 19-06-2003, 08:46 AM
It's obscene

cpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcben came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i mean daily star
Old 19-06-2003, 11:32 AM

HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.HappyLarry will soon be the subject of a chant from the Holmesdale. And not a Mullery-style one.
City join chase for Gray

Manchester City have joined the chase for Crystal Palace midfielder Julian Gray.

The former Arsenal man has angered Eagles chairman Simon Jordan by rejecting two contract offers to stay at Selhurst Park.

Gray's deal has now expired and City are one of several clubs looking to snap up the 23-year-old who has made over 100 appearances for Palace since moving across London for £500,000 three years ago.

Gray launched his career at Highbury but struggled to force his way into Arsene Wenger's multi-talented squad.

He moved to Palace where he has established himself as one of the best midfielder's outside the Premiership.

He made headlines in last season's FA Cup scoring against both Liverpool and Leeds.
Old 19-06-2003, 12:05 PM
It's obscene

looks like there is a lot of interest in our julian

a great career move beckons for julian as palaces's rivaldo looks set to depart
Old 19-06-2003, 12:22 PM
Editor of Track Talent

Calder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that farCalder2 stole the moon, stole a car. Could've made it to heaven but never got that far
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfcben
according to today's mirror kevin keegan wants to buy julian gray
I woudn't take a lot of notice of that as Kevin Keegan has been linked with virtually every player in the football league. Cannot see the Geordies putting up with Gray's arrogant, immature attitude.
Old 19-06-2003, 12:25 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Calder2
I woudn't take a lot of notice of that as Kevin Keegan has been linked with virtually every player in the football league. Cannot see the Geordies putting up with Gray's arrogant, immature attitude.
They might do in Manchester though, as Keegan is manager there.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 19-06-2003, 12:45 PM

2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear2can endeavours to be what they aspire to appear
Quote:
Originally posted by cpfcben
looks like there is a lot of interest in our julian

a great career move beckons for julian as palaces's rivaldo looks set to depart
I doubt it, I still reckon all these stories are being made up by his agent.

What premiership side would buy a winger who can't cross?
Old 19-06-2003, 12:55 PM
SC's wet dream

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by 2can

What premiership side would buy a winger who can't cross?
What first division club would keep playing a winger who can't cross, and who's training staff can't spot that flaw and coach him?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 19-06-2003, 12:56 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betrayDaniel_Nash is like ice, their footing does betray
So, has it been decided that Gray's agent has been talking up a storm?
Old 19-06-2003, 01:00 PM

Rasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down lowRasheed Harkouk will cross the room to turn the lights down low
He only plays in the big games, can't be bothered and sulks during the regular run of the mill season games, can't tackle and his movement off the ball is apalling. However i'd prefer he stayed as there is obviously a talent there that needs work. If he has to go then so be it but he is nowhere near a premier league player yet.
Old 19-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Sit down you fool!

olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0olreagle is walloping Brighton 5-0
I always thought Jules middle names were Chris and Armstrong
Old 19-06-2003, 01:33 PM
It's obscene

the huge anti jules campaign is quite suprising. i don't think i have met one palace fan who would like him to stay. anyway i think he may do quite well in the premiership if he is given a chance.

although i don't want anyone who can't be arsed to play for palace, so it looks like someone will take him on
Old 19-06-2003, 01:35 PM

daz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedaz_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I want him to stay - we haven't got anything better to put on the left wing, end of.
Old 19-06-2003, 01:53 PM

18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine18mcpalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
surely we can stick gary borrowdale left wing back - who actually looks like he wants to play for palace. and julian gray can warm a premiership bench for the bargain of 8,000 a week of whatever he wants!

plainly and simply, if he doesn't want to play for palace - fine. just let us know and find a new club.

If you are looking to offload any unwanted Panini or Merlin football stickers (old swaps etc.) feel free to DM

Blog site: http://aaronporter.wordpress.com/