Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 22-02-2019, 02:07 PM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Was Sansom ever clearly the best in his position in the world? Cole was imo.
Carlos, Lahm, Maldini.
Old 22-02-2019, 02:11 PM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Aaron signed a new 4 year Palace contract in 2018.

COYP
Old 22-02-2019, 02:13 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglebob View Post
I disagree slightly, I think Cole developed very rapidly into a fine player during his one season with us and we had the pleasure of seeing the best of him. Although it could be argued that he was at a different level, I didn't see any marked improvement in his overall ability once he returned to Arsenal. I remember raving about him when he was with us to an Arsenal supporting colleague who A) had never heard of him! and B) met my assertion that he would very soon be playing for England with contempt and derision. Typical Arsenal (thinks he knows it all but actually knows nothing) I guess.
One season? He played 14 times. Yes, he was great for us, but he definitely continued to develop (eg in his reading of the game) after he returned to Arsenal.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 22-02-2019, 02:13 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by loz View Post
Reading Vince Hilaire's autobiography it seems Kenny was having difficulties with gambling while very young, he doesn't mention drinking but the two very often do go together...although that maybe me putting 2 + 2 together and making 5 ?
The reason Sansom left Palace was rumoured at the time that he had gambling debts and the move would pay them off.
Old 22-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Out injured with hamstring. First crack in our outstanding defence. I hope Sakho isn't out too.
Old 22-02-2019, 04:05 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Carlos, Lahm, Maldini.
Felt Maldini was better at CB than he ever was at full back. Maldini was a much better defender than he was at attacking. Agree with Carlos and Lahm, would also nominate Cafu as somebody who was better than Cole.
Old 22-02-2019, 04:11 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Carlos, Lahm, Maldini.
Maldini stopped playing left back well before the 2000s, Carlos was past it by the time Cole reached his peak, and Lahm was a right back?

Last edited by CP-RJW; 22-02-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 22-02-2019, 04:12 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan555x View Post
Felt Maldini was better at CB than he ever was at full back. Maldini was a much better defender than he was at attacking. Agree with Carlos and Lahm, would also nominate Cafu as somebody who was better than Cole.
Cafu was a Right Back. Are you talking specifically Left Backs or Full Backs in general?

If Full Backs then no one tops Javier Zanetti for me.
Old 22-02-2019, 04:12 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Cafu was a Right Back. Are you talking specifically Left Backs or Full Backs in general?

Agreed, if we’re naming full backs in general, Cole maybe wasn’t the best in his time. But left backs, he comfortably was for me.
Old 22-02-2019, 04:19 PM

Jordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJordan555x came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post

Lahm was a right back so I assumed we were talking full backs in general.
Old 22-02-2019, 04:22 PM

Anyway, that Wan Bissaka fellas pretty good isn’t he?
Old 22-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Anyway, that Wan Bissaka fellas pretty good isnít he?
If only he was as good as David Amsalem. #legend
Old 22-02-2019, 05:27 PM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
Out injured with hamstring. First crack in our outstanding defence. I hope Sakho isn't out too.
What? FFS.
Old 22-02-2019, 05:34 PM

cranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is herecranesparkeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglebob View Post
I disagree slightly, I think Cole developed very rapidly into a fine player during his one season with us and we had the pleasure of seeing the best of him. Although it could be argued that he was at a different level, I didn't see any marked improvement in his overall ability once he returned to Arsenal. I remember raving about him when he was with us to an Arsenal supporting colleague who A) had never heard of him! and B) met my assertion that he would very soon be playing for England with contempt and derision. Typical Arsenal (thinks he knows it all but actually knows nothing) I guess.

But Sansom was overall the better player IMO. The finest player to have worn the shirt during my lifetime IMO.
You have no argument with me on Kenny but the idea that Cole stopped progressing at 19 is ludicrous. He added much great positional sense and craftwith Arsenal as befits a Premier league winner ann top international.
He would not have been a first choice for Wenger had he not.
Old 23-02-2019, 02:06 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Big game in midweek. I imagine Roy is protecting him.
Old 23-02-2019, 05:34 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Big game in midweek. I imagine Roy is protecting him.
The big game is today!

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 23-02-2019, 07:35 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
The big game is today!
And Ward did well. Struggled with Barnes who impressed me at times but as the game wore on you could see him start to think his way around containing him.
Old 23-02-2019, 08:36 PM

ANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineANDI29 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It was weird seeing him in Tesco at elmers end while palace were playing
Old 23-02-2019, 09:01 PM

sydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsydnsteve came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
And Ward did well. Struggled with Barnes who impressed me at times but as the game wore on you could see him start to think his way around containing him.
He really didn't. He mis passed several times and was left for dead. One of my favs but cannot deal with fast wingers now
Old 23-02-2019, 09:11 PM
father of John

Ron Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineRon Noakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDI29 View Post
It was weird seeing him in Tesco at elmers end while palace were playing
What were you doing in Tesco at Elmers End when Palace were playing?