Home | Forums | Galleries | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 13-03-2019, 05:15 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
So we save AWB for the later stages of final tournements. Maybe from the semis on.
No that would take foresight, knowledge and acceptance that we are not the best team in the world.

Southgate would pick TAA and Trippier and we would go out.

Me i would have an attacking RB and a defensive one and the same on the left so when you come up against good teams (Belgium and Croatia in the WC) you can defend against them.

I doubt Southgate would and he won't have tried him out in competitive or friendly games against quality opponents.
Old 13-03-2019, 05:22 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
Would like to see him get the formal recognition he deserves and agree with GG but ultimately I couldn't really give a **** about England!
After twenty miserable, let down tournaments and a tournament selection policy based only on fielding players from the big clubs, I've given up giving a shit too. I refuse to become excited by England unless they break forty years of habit and either reach a final or pick a Palace player for meaningful matches. To ignore AWB for even squad consideration at this point says it all. Let's hope that AWB doesn't conclude that international recognition cannot happen here. He has the highest number of tackles and interceptions across Europe and can't get a squad place. Wow.
Old 13-03-2019, 05:34 PM

MAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMAW : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Southgate said in a recent interview:

"I could pick players, give them a cap and stop them playing for someone else but I don't think that's right...."
Old 13-03-2019, 05:36 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAW View Post
Southgate said in a recent interview:

"I could pick players, give them a cap and stop them playing for someone else but I don't think that's right...."
But he is with Declan Rice.
Old 13-03-2019, 05:47 PM

West Dorset Exi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWest Dorset Exi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWest Dorset Exi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWest Dorset Exi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWest Dorset Exi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWest Dorset Exi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWest Dorset Exi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWest Dorset Exi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWest Dorset Exi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWest Dorset Exi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineWest Dorset Exi : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If you read the comments on the Daily Mail, they all say AWB should have been picked as he is the best right back in Europe, based on stats, but again Southgate picks all the crap that went to Russia?
Old 13-03-2019, 06:01 PM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
In some ways i am glad AWB isnt in the squad because history tends to suggest that when our players get picked their form turns to rat sh*t or they want to leave or both. Andy Gray Geoff Thomas Salako and Wilf are the only ones i remember over the past 3 decades
Old 13-03-2019, 06:03 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Southgate is a joke. Embarrassing.
Old 13-03-2019, 06:08 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Dorset Exi View Post
If you read the comments on the Daily Mail, they all say AWB should have been picked as he is the best right back in Europe, based on stats, but again Southgate picks all the crap that went to Russia?
For once the Mail gets it right.
Old 13-03-2019, 06:12 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Does anyone have proof of that 94% tackle success stat? I'm being quoted 67%, which is clearly a load of bullshit as that would make him average at best.
Old 13-03-2019, 06:26 PM
I love Banging

Banger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBanger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wan-Bissaka

I think Southgate should be given more respect- he has done a great job so far. AWB is a great talent but not ready for England yet in my opinion. Walker, Trippier and TAA do not deserved to be dropped. AWB will get his chance - he is just unlucky he is a RB. I just hope he concentrates holding down his place in the Palace team given that Wardy is looking to replace him
Old 13-03-2019, 06:31 PM
The squeezed middle

PoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoshPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
Does anyone have proof of that 94% tackle success stat? I'm being quoted 67%, which is clearly a load of bullshit as that would make him average at best.
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Don't know about percentage success, but Aaron is officially best in the Premier League for total tackles this season. Interesting to see Luka at no.13 and Jimmy Mac at no.15 in that list too.
Old 13-03-2019, 06:35 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
He has three very good right backs ahead of him and they have done nothing to deserve to be dropped. The England manager should show loyalty to those that have performed well for him.

Aaron will get his opportunity and I expect he will take it when it comes. It could well be next week if Trippier pulls out.
Old 13-03-2019, 06:55 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Wan-Bissaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
I think Southgate should be given more respect- he has done a great job so far. AWB is a great talent but not ready for England yet in my opinion. Walker, Trippier and TAA do not deserved to be dropped. AWB will get his chance - he is just unlucky he is a RB. I just hope he concentrates holding down his place in the Palace team given that Wardy is looking to replace him

Lol. “Not ready for England”.

In the 70’s maybe. Southgates England are a mid table Prem side at absolute, scrapping 0-0’s, everyone else is having a shocker, best.
Old 13-03-2019, 07:09 PM

Lee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is hereLee sinnots ear Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
To be fair to Southgate, he watched him at Burnley and although he had a reasonably good game, he didn't have one of his outstanding performances. That's probably what he needed to get himself in the squad.

As others have said, we have a lot of competition for places in that right back position.

He's got time on his side.
It doesn’t make any difference with Southgate let’s not forget the last time he watched a Palace player at Turf Moor. Nov 2016 Wilf was OUTSTANDING and Townsend was subbed after 60mins. On the following Tuesday Southgate picks Townsend and the rest as they say is now history
Old 13-03-2019, 07:16 PM

Soarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
But he is with Declan Rice.
tbf, Declan Rice wants to play for England and has no intention of playing with Ireland. Don't know if the same can be said with AWB, who might want to represent the Democratic Republic of Congo one day?
Old 13-03-2019, 07:26 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Got lucky with the world cup ,Croatia were there for taking and bottled it
France would have beaten us anyway
Old 13-03-2019, 07:34 PM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin' Eagles View Post
tbf, Declan Rice wants to play for England and has no intention of playing with Ireland. Don't know if the same can be said with AWB, who might want to represent the Democratic Republic of Congo one day?
Seeing as when Aaron was asked in his most recent interview what was the highlight of the previous year he answered "getting picked for England", I somehow doubt that is the case.
Old 13-03-2019, 07:39 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
He has three very good right backs ahead of him and they have done nothing to deserve to be dropped. The England manager should show loyalty to those that have performed well for him.

Aaron will get his opportunity and I expect he will take it when it comes. It could well be next week if Trippier pulls out.
Trippier has been shite all season. AWB is a better defender than all of them.
Old 13-03-2019, 07:41 PM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Cardiff could have through to the semis. He was caught like a deer in the headlights when Croatia changed tactics.
Old 13-03-2019, 07:43 PM
Banned by Moderators

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Jordan Henderson can play for England so can I
Did Foden get a call up
AWB is best out of it